Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Surrealism exhibit @ the Met

For all you art lovers, I thought of this because of glowgrls thread abt what painting describes you. So Im just letting you know that there will be an exhibit at the Metropolitan museum of Art til May 12th. Its a great display of Surrealism. It has works by Dali and Man Ray..I haven't seen it yet, but if anyone is down PM me. I'm definitely gonna make a trip there. The exhibit is called "SUREALISM: DESIRE UNBOUND" . I think it will be great...:D

Originally posted by fierydesire

For all you art lovers, I thought of this because of glowgrls thread abt what painting describes you. So Im just letting you know that there will be an exhibit at the Metropolitan museum of Art til May 12th. Its a great display of Surrealism. It has works by Dali and Man Ray..I haven't seen it yet, but if anyone is down PM me. I'm definitely gonna make a trip there. The exhibit is called "SUREALISM: DESIRE UNBOUND" . I think it will be great...:D

NiCEEEE :D :D :D ThaNX;)

Originally posted by fierydesire

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just heard about that. so excited!

I absolutely love surrealism, aspecially DALI (I was in Madrid and stupidly didn't go to the house of Dali damnit damnit still regretting it).

I def. wanna go, but I'm stuck w/ the flu this weekend. :(

Great Mugz I have to see about the other one, cause I have work. Where is the Whitney anyway? Um about mist..don't talk about her like that or Ill kick your butt...:finger: :tongue:hehe..

Well I think that on March 8th I most likely want to get there like 11ish or so. I don't have work so that seems most feasible. I think that others will have to meet us inside if they come later because some people have class. If you guys can come at this time or even later its cool. I will probably be there with my sis and who ever else can meet us there. I think we should just meet outside the Met on the steps.

I think earlier is good, cause it will probably take a whole day to view it, plus many of the kiddies wont be there and most people will be at work. So I think that will good, if you guys have other suggestions let me know...just throw me a PM;)

Check out Yves Tanguy at this show if they have any of his stuff. I saw a show at the Guggenheim in '99 and his work completely blew my mind away, and inspired my own art work. I'd show up on the 8th, but i'll be on my 10th drink or so in the Bahamas. ;)

Originally posted by mugwump

I'll go..

But March 7th is the Biennial

@c the Witney..

Come to that as well..

(Lots of cool SUREALISM)

Btw: Don't invite Mist..

she'll get confused by anything

that's not figurative and bitch about how it's

"not art"

FUCK YOU - go jerk off to the Jackson Pollock biography!!!

splatter your scrawnie little self in paint and roll around naked on a canvas. Maybe you can take a dump on it to top it off - and then call it art!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh: :laugh: