Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Are DJ's getting Lazy?

Last night I went out to hear a DJ that is supposed to be amazing and his mixes were sloppy and simple. Now in the same club I heard a DJ in another room that has only been spinning for two years yet all his mixes were tight and some went on for almost four minutes.

I don't understand. I figured the big money guys would try to be perfect all the time. This guy was just putting records on and hangin' out rather than creating some sort of vibe.

??????????:confused:

I went and listened To Max Graham at Exit. I went to see a guest DJ in the White room, but while I was on the Main Floor, I was not overly impressed.

If you look at the thread "What some DJ's have in common?" He is supposed to be number 23 in the world. Well he was not playing like 23 last night. Maybe he had an off night. I was just expecting more.

Originally posted by greyskyy

I went and listened To Max Graham at Exit. I went to see a guest DJ in the White room, but while I was on the Main Floor, I was not overly impressed.

If you look at the thread "What some DJ's have in common?" He is supposed to be number 23 in the world. Well he was not playing like 23 last night. Maybe he had an off night. I was just expecting more.

what time were you in the white room?

BG

This is very true...The older more established djs just arnt cutting it anymore..It seems as though the money is getting to them...I look to see the young fresh djs instead of the name brands...I'm looking to have a good time and not go because of the name...They young guys just want it more!!

Originally posted by promojunkie

This is very true...The older more established djs just arnt cutting it anymore..It seems as though the money is getting to them...I look to see the young fresh djs instead of the name brands...I'm looking to have a good time and not go because of the name...They young guys just want it more!!

VERY TRUE. . .;)

Originally posted by bmw4jay

DJ's have bad days/nights too...they make mistakes. The amateurs thoguh definitely have more of that hunger, so they want it and they show that they want it...Sometimes "bigtime" DJ's just get too comfortable with their following..

Smarter than he looks....;)

I agree that if you get too comfortable with something, sometimes you sloppy about it.....Being an over achiever isn't always a good thing, but staying on top of things is.....IMO