Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CD R/RW question..

sgtfury

i am going to buy a cd recording deck for the purpose of recording my live mixes on cd from a mixer...........can i make a master recording on a rewriteable disc and then dub single recordable copies from the master?....will the copies play in regular cd players?

Originally posted by sgtfury

i am going to buy a cd recording deck for the purpose of recording my live mixes on cd from a mixer...........can i make a master recording on a rewriteable disc and then dub single recordable copies from the master?....will the copies play in regular cd players?

Do you have a computer? If so, just get a program called SONAR (or the like) and hook your mixer up to the computer and record. It will produce a wav file which you can split up using various programs (ie. Soundforge, etc). I wouldnt recommend buying a recording deck if you already have a computer....unless you are looking to be mobile (ie...record at a gig).

When recording "live" mixes, I STILL use a Minidisc first and formost (not a portable). If any mistakes, redo, or start. Add track markers when ever and where ever (and remove them too).

Then I record real time (only drawback- but i do listen to it to see if I didnt catch any mistakes) to a CDR.

Finally I extract the audio into SoundForge and work with the wavs.

As much as a computer is great at everything else.... A constant recording of lets say 60-80 minutes tends to put a strain on most computers thus adding errors/artifacts/glitchs. Recoding digitally outside of the computer allows more redundantcy.

my opionion.

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION!! ... yes, if u make a copy on a rewritable disc... it will copy to a recordable disc... u will be able to make copies... and it will work in all cd players :)

BUT the RE-writable disc might not work in ALL cd players... it will only work in cd players that are RE-writable compatible...

so when your done with the RE-writable cd u can erase it.. then write anothe rmix on that cd...

just to let u know bro.. if u are going to make a lot of copies of the same cd... its a lot faster if you burn it from your computer to the cd... dont burn from cd to cd... it takes a much longer time...

Originally posted by sgtfury

im only going to use the rewrittable disc to make copies....

yes that will work...

just to let u know bro.. if u are going to make a lot of copies of the same cd... its a lot faster if you burn it from your computer to the cd... dont burn from cd to cd... it takes a much longer time...