Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Don't ask me why I'm even posting here, but I think you people would enjoy this:

I actually did read past the first four lines and found it entertaining. It is funny that someone from Philly (I have visited Philly many times and would rather drive into a utility pole than go back) would have such a negative outlook on Jersey. Pennsylvania being such an upscale high-brow hot bed of intellect (The majority of the state being backwood or dirt poor wasted industrial towns) I can not believe that it's residents would utter such words about their friendly neighbor. Yes New Jersey has it's rather down trodden areas Newark, Camden, Trenton, etc, but what state's metro areas are not in a bit of urban decay or have the people of Philly turned a blind eye to North Philly. Yes Pennsylvannia has less cities in urban decay only because it has less cities besides Philly you have Pittsburgh and Harrisburg. Now as far as New Jersey being a boring state what do the residents of say Western pennsylvannia due for fun? What would you due on a Saturday night if you lived in say Altoona? Most likely hang out in the woods and drink. So I ask why would a resident of a city with a high crime rate in a state that is a majority of back woods hicks be so hypocritical?

Now highmay I'm not directing these comments at you. I assume you didn't write that, but since you posted it for our enjoyment I ask you the question why knock on Jersey when Penn is no better?

Originally posted by nabuc1

It is funny that someone from Philly (I have visited Philly many times and would rather drive into a utility pole than go back) would have such a negative outlook on Jersey. Pennsylvania being such an upscale high-brow hot bed of intellect

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That utility pole comment was just priceless!

I actually did read past the first four lines and found it entertaining. It is funny that someone from Philly (I have visited Philly many times and would rather drive into a utility pole than go back) would have such a negative outlook on Jersey. Pennsylvania being such an upscale high-brow hot bed of intellect (The majority of the state being backwood or dirt poor wasted industrial towns) I can not believe that it's residents would utter such words about their friendly neighbor. Yes New Jersey has it's rather down trodden areas Newark, Camden, Trenton, etc, but what state's metro areas are not in a bit of urban decay or have the people of Philly turned a blind eye to North Philly. Yes Pennsylvannia has less cities in urban decay only because it has less cities besides Philly you have Pittsburgh and Harrisburg. Now as far as New Jersey being a boring state what do the residents of say Western pennsylvannia due for fun? What would you due on a Saturday night if you lived in say Altoona? Most likely hang out in the woods and drink. So I ask why would a resident of a city with a high crime rate in a state that is a majority of back woods hicks be so hypocritical?

Now highmay I'm not directing these comments at you. I assume you didn't write that, but since you posted it for our enjoyment I ask you the question why knock on Jersey when Penn is no better?

*APPLAUSE*

No need to thank me. I have visited many places in Pennsylvania and have spent many a weekend at Philly (In college my best friends girlfriend went to school in Philly) and it is no better than Jersey. I mean all those Philly people, in the summer, forget how bad Jersey is because I'm sure they don't have shore houses along the Delaware River, but they do at the Jersey shore. I just laugh when people from Philly (notice how Philly is located by Jersey's asshole) start talking shit about Jersey.

shore houses along the Delaware River

LMAO! yea I heard tempts may be moving to the Deleware Water Gap next summer! ;)

and to concur with what you say nabuc, not only do Philly peeps hate in this case but everyone around hates on Jersey.........NYC, LI, etc.......I take it as a compliment.......I love Jersey, it's got a little of everything.......unlike any other place I can think of.:D

to start shit...i was a little bored last night and i wanted to see some reactions...

good POV btw..

And "boot". Boot is a word that has like 50 different meanings.

Here's some very common uses:

"Let's boot the shore!" = "Let's go to the shore!"

"Let's go boot!" = "Let's go smoke pot!"

"I booted her!" = "I had sex with her!"

:idea: Who the hell wrote that??? I've never heard anyone use that expression????

:blown:

Originally posted by sum12nv

ya, good luck with that :rolleyes: you think we'd get hot over that crap you posted??? puh -lease

it was worth a try...to see how hot you guys get over idiotic promoters and idolization of worthless people, why not get pissed at this, right?

Originally posted by jrzygrl

And "boot". Boot is a word that has like 50 different meanings.

Here's some very common uses:

"Let's boot the shore!" = "Let's go to the shore!"

"Let's go boot!" = "Let's go smoke pot!"

"I booted her!" = "I had sex with her!"

:idea: Who the hell wrote that??? I've never heard anyone use that expression????

:blown:

I have never heard that either,that is the stupiest thing i have ever heard actually, but remember most of the "Jersey people" that Philly deals with are from way down south Jersey, and if any of you have ever met anyone from south (way south) jersey you will know that they are just flat out weird, its like a whole different world down there :laugh: so it could be a phrase form down there

Originally posted by highmay

it was worth a try...to see how hot you guys get over idiotic promoters and idolization of worthless people, why not get pissed at this, right?

It was a valient effort. I found it funny. I would love to meet the person that wrote it.

Originally posted by kettleone4me

I have never heard that either,that is the stupiest thing i have ever heard actually, but remember most of the "Jersey people" that Philly deals with are from way down south Jersey, and if any of you have ever met anyone from south (way south) jersey you will know that they are just flat out weird, its like a whole different world down there :laugh: so it could be a phrase form down there

Funny you should say that about South Jersey. I've never seen anyone chew skoal tobacco and drink beer in a bar before I went down there. Weird doesn't even describe South Jersey.

Originally posted by piro8

Funny you should say that about South Jersey. I've never seen anyone chew skoal tobacco and drink beer in a bar before I went down there. Weird doesn't even describe South Jersey.

Um yeah, the theme song to Deliverance always seems to run through my head when I'm down there. Weird!

Originally posted by jrzygrl

Um yeah, the theme song to Deliverance always seems to run through my head when I'm down there. Weird!

I picture girls with their two front teeth missing and guys that wear dirty white wife beaters. Hee-Haw :laugh: