Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twilo Promoters Found a Full Time Job...

So, if you haven't heard Made Events (EX twilo Promoters) are in the mix. But this is a bad mix. There throwing there parties in Vinyl! The K- Hole, b.k.a. "The hole in the Wall"

First of, this club doesn't serve Alcohol! But does serve energy drinks? What for? They serve $5 dollar bottles of Water!

Ok let's play guess what? So, they bring in these big dj's and as we all know they get paid in the thousands. For example, Tiesto at exit was paid for a 4hour set $20K WoW! At Exit I can see why they could afford to pay this much. They serve alcohol, substances, etc. Plus the max out the clubs with heads. So, they can afford it.

Vinly on the other hand serves only the above plus extra. And the clubs don't max more than a 1000-2000 heads if that on the weekends at $25, do the math. So, this crack house is making money somehow, right? Can it be the horse tranqulizers, candy, coca, etc. Maybe? We have the rent-a-cops keeping lookouts they supply the lo-meins with the stuff, maybe even to a few guidos and boom! Theres the profit!!

If you've been to Vinyl you know exactly what Im talking about. the club is a perfect example of the "Crack house law" this place should be shut! In my eyes! So, Made events is falling back to the same scenario they had in Twilo!

If you have an opinion on Cracky Vinyl? Speak out!!:cool::mad:

Originally posted by darkmatter

So, if you haven't heard Made Events (EX twilo Promoters) are in the mix. But this is a bad mix. There throwing there parties in Vinyl! The K- Hole, b.k.a. "The hole in the Wall"

First of, this club doesn't serve Alcohol! But does serve energy drinks? What for? They serve $5 dollar bottles of Water!

Ok let's play guess what? So, they bring in these big dj's and as we all know they get paid in the thousands. For example, Tiesto at exit was paid for a 4hour set $20K WoW! At Exit I can see why they could afford to pay this much. They serve alcohol, substances, etc. Plus the max out the clubs with heads. So, they can afford it.

Vinly on the other hand serves only the above plus extra. And the clubs don't max more than a 1000-2000 heads if that on the weekends at $25, do the math. So, this crack house is making money somehow, right? Can it be the horse tranqulizers, candy, coca, etc. Maybe? We have the rent-a-cops keeping lookouts they supply the lo-meins with the stuff, maybe even to a few guidos and boom! Theres the profit!!

If you've been to Vinyl you know exactly what Im talking about. the club is a perfect example of the "Crack house law" this place should be shut! In my eyes! So, Made events is falling back to the same scenario they had in Twilo!

Dude you are gonna get ripped a new one for this......

I just also, like to say that I'm not trying to be fatecious it's just that in needs to be put out there!

And if your about the music then your comments are taking seriously!

Again, this is my opinion and I could be wrong in other peoples eyes! But that's what makes society turn! CONTROVERSY!

Music is My Religion!

Hey moron, ever stop to think why Exit had to shell out $20k for a 4 hour Tiesto set!?!? Because no one on earth wants to play Exit, so to get big-name DJs they have to fork over more cash.

Howells plays for 10 hours at Vinyl, do you think he gets $20k... no way. He plays Vinyl because he likes the vibe and people are there FOR THE MUSIC. Not for the "Scene" like exit-heads.

Also, the profit on a $5 bottle of water is enormous... much higher than any profit you'll make on alcohol.

Stay at Exit.. please, it's where you belong.

Okay darkmatter seems like your a hater. Why don't u look at it as being thankfull that these world famous dj's are coming to a place like this. When Twilo shut down I didn't know what was going to happen w/ the nightlife in NYC. But Vinyl stepped it up and now we are able to enjoy awesome music again. Sure they don't serve liquior but thats b/c someone died drinking there a while ago. Plus they have good security and I never had a problem w/ the crowd there. Maybe this place ain't for u, b/c its about enjoying great music and maybe they are trying to keeep it underground. They definately don't need people going around and bashing it. That's they last thing we need for this place to become comercialized like another exit and factory. I guess if u don't like what Vinyl is doing then don't go.

Keep it in the brown.

It's okay darkmatter.

the whole idea of a club that's not packed to capacity with big pizazz-name dj's, tight ribbed t-shirts, alcohol at the bar and makeup encrusted hoochies must be lost on you.

It seems like you're lost without your glam, your expensive gucci shoes, hair gel and your friends vinny, joey, eddie and the rest of the Sopranos. I"m glad Exit exists. It's a perfect haven for you.

If Music is Your Religion, you're so full of shit it isn't funny.

Stay aboveground, kiddo. You really have no idea what's down here.

Its been said before...please don't compare Vinyl and Exit. Don't even have them in the same sentence.

...Im not going to say much but your comparisons are about alcohol, drugs, and money. Are YOU really about the music?

Pay attention* Vinyl may not have all the bells and whistles as other clubs in the city, but thats not the reason people go there. Vinyl has a following (maybe you can answer why), as compared to other places Exit *ahem*, if you even want to call that a following.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by cintron

It's okay darkmatter.

It seems like you're lost without your glam, your expensive gucci shoes, hair gel and your friends vinny, joey, eddie and the rest of the Sopranos. I"m glad Exit exists. It's a perfect haven for you.

:D MMUU@@

You tell him!

Originally posted by darkmatter

So, if you haven't heard Made Events (DUH, WE'VE HEARD. IF YOU CAN'T KEEP UP, TAKE NOTES!) (EX twilo Promoters) are in the mix. (GOOD FOR THEM, WE LIKE IT THAT WAY) But this is a bad mix. (SAYS WHO?) There throwing there parties in Vinyl! The K- Hole, b.k.a. "The hole in the Wall" (SO YOU DON'T CARE FOR THE DECOR, WHAT'S YOUR POINT?)

First of, this club doesn't serve Alcohol! (THAT'S A GOOD THING! NO SPILLED DRINKS ALL OVER THE FLOOR, CLEAN DANCE FLOOR, SHORT BATHROOM LINES) But does serve energy drinks? (DON'T ALL CLUBS?) What for? (TO DRINK?) They serve $5 dollar bottles of Water! (DON'T ALL CLUBS? WHAT'S YOUR POINT?)

Ok let's play guess what? (OKAY, LET'S!) So, they bring in these big dj's and as we all know they get paid in the thousands. For example, Tiesto at exit was paid for a 4hour set $20K (CAN YOU CONFIRM THIS?) WoW! At Exit I can see why they could afford to pay this much. (OKAY, GOOD FOR YOU.) They serve alcohol, substances (WHAT SUBSTANCES DO THEY SERVE? PLEASE CLARIFY THIS STATEMENT), etc. Plus the max out the clubs with heads. So, they can afford it.

Vinly on the other hand serves only the above plus extra. And the clubs don't max more than a 1000-2000 heads if that on the weekends at $25, do the math. So, this crack house is making money somehow, right? (I HOPE SO, I DON'T WANT IT TO CLOSE DOWN!) Can it be the horse tranqulizers, candy, coca, etc. Maybe? We have the rent-a-cops keeping lookouts they supply the lo-meins with the stuff, maybe even to a few guidos (THERE AREN'T REALLY ANY GUIDOS AT VINYL.) and boom! Theres the profit!!

If you've been to Vinyl you know exactly what Im talking about. (UM, NO, I DON'T. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE THERE?) the club is a perfect example of the "Crack house law" this place should be shut! (YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION, BUT AS FAR AS I KNOW, THERE HAVEN'T BEEN ANY DRUG-RELATED DEATHS OR DRUG OVERDOSES AT VINYL SINCE TWILO CLOSED DOWN.) In my eyes! So, Made events is falling back to the same scenario they had in Twilo! (IF YOU SAY SO!)

yeah, i have an opinion on vinyl.......for my opinion on your assessment of vinyl, see my comments in (CAPS) above.

vinyl is a great club. if you don't like it, nobody makes you go there. arguing about which clubs are better, or less infested with guidos or drugs or hoes or cool people is fruitless. sticking together for the good of the dance community is what's important. rethink what you've said and come back with some valid, thought-provoking comments or else just STFU!

I LOVE VINYL. IT IS NO DOUBT ONE OF THE BEST CLUBS IN THE CITY IF NOT THE BEST , DESPITE A GLAMOROUS SOUND SYSTEM AND THE SMALLER SPACE. I go to vinyl quite often, and to tell u the truth, the drug issues in that place are not big. I also cannot figure out how they actualy make decent moeny there, but the djs are amazing, and they spin there not for the money, but for the vibe and the people.

Vinyl does suck, it's true. The system is whack most of the time (depending on whos spinning/tweaking I guess) and its always yucky and dirty in there (I've had 2 separate people tell me they got CRABS from the VIP couches! WTH?). They do however play some of the best DJs in the world in there and therefore I go pretty much every weekend and I'm okay with it, largely because I almost never have to pay for it. If I DID have to pay tho I would be asking, HOW DARE THEY charge us a TWILO cover for that shitty little club???!!!??? And the Made party sucks (hello, reduced list? wonder why the numbers are so low?) but as long as they keep playing the good talent I will keep calling in favors and getting myself down there to get my groove on in that mediocre dirty litttle club. Also, as long as DT is there on Fridays than so am I :) .

Hugs!

BSG

Originally posted by blueskygirl

Vinyl does suck, it's true. The system is whack most of the time (depending on whos spinning/tweaking I guess) and its always yucky and dirty in there (I've had 2 separate people tell me they got CRABS from the VIP couches! WTH?). They do however play some of the best DJs in the world in there and therefore I go pretty much every weekend and I'm okay with it, largely because I almost never have to pay for it. If I DID have to pay tho I would be asking, HOW DARE THEY charge us a TWILO cover for that shitty little club???!!!??? And the Made party sucks (hello, reduced list? wonder why the numbers are so low?) but as long as they keep playing the good talent I will keep calling in favors and getting myself down there to get my groove on in that mediocre dirty litttle club. Also, as long as DT is there on Fridays than so am I :) .

Hugs!

BSG

maybe twilo was overcharging as well........right now, it's supply vs. demand, and they've got what we want, so they can ask the price.