Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why is it...

Because it's the thing to do Deb. I'm sure when you were young you yourself pretended to be Debbie Gibson or Tiffany.It's ok Deb don't feel bad that your secret is out.I myself was Rikki Rocket from Poison for a while.

Sing it Deb...."I think we're alone now...there doesn't seem to be anyone around"......

. . . Don't sweat it too much . . . Most of the people who are going out and buying these tables usually end up putting them on the auction block because they realize that they A) don't have the time or B) don't have the drive to learn how to do it properly . .

. . I bought mine without ever having the intention of becoming a pro DJ. . I just really wanted to become more knowledgeable about electronic music . . . Really understand what "ride" is and how all the constituent parts work together to create a good track . . . It's also a great hobby . . I mean, I've got sooo much more rythim than I used to before, and I've become quite a bit more artistic all around because spinning requires quite a bit more of the right-brain, which is responsible for pattern recognition and artistic pursuits . . .

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

Because it's the thing to do Deb. I'm sure when you were young you yourself pretended to be Debbie Gibson or Tiffany.It's ok Deb don't feel bad that your secret is out.I myself was Rikki Rocket from Poison for a while.

Sing it Deb...."I think we're alone now...there doesn't seem to be anyone around"......

hehehe...good one

its almost like in the 80's when everyone wanted to be a ROck Star and went out and bought an electric Guitar...now people just go buy Turntables or beat boxes...

i totally agree..its sick..every1 and their mother thinks they can spin..its sad..its dilluting the hell out of the art form man..its like every other persons claim to fame is that they DJ..im not knocking the guys that do it and do it well..but theres too many part-timers our there that dont know what the hell theyre doing...i never thought about buying turntables for the simple fact that i know ill never have the time or dedication to put into it..some people just get hyped off the idea that theyre gona make it big..and then they go and have a sandwich instead of jumpin on the turntables until they pass out..its like Grand Master Flash says..While his friends were out playin ball and chasing girls he was in his room perfectin his skills..it all boils down to simple dedication..and most of us dont have the drive to succeed and keep at it

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

you know... you keep letting out all my damn secrets.. no one read what he wrote right??? :laugh: