Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stuck On Earth apology

To everyone in attendance at Destination-NYC:

First and foremost, we'd like to thank everyone who came out and supported us this past Saturday March 2nd.

It was a great night of music and once again demonstrated that this remarkable city appreciates exceptional talent.

For those in attendance, please understand that we did our best to have this event go off without a glitch, but due to unruly circumstances we faced several unmanageable problems. The first issue we feel we should address is the manner in which we were letting patrons (both paying and non-paying) into the event. Early in the night, and weeks prior to Saturday we had designed a system in which we felt we could get everyone into the party in a timely and effecient manner. There had been three tents early in the night which were to seperate the advanced ticket holders/comps and vips/ and those wishing to pay at the door. Unfortunately due to the rain and gusting winds which we all experienced throughout the night, two of the small tents collapsed and we were left with one tent and thus one line to accomodate all who attended.

Secondly there are the problems with which we faced with the coat check. For this, we take full responsibility; we were understaffed and for this we are sincerely sorry.

Lastly, theres the issue with the main tent area closing down and the event continuing in the atrium at 4 AM. We posted time slots all over the venue, along with several websites so it should not have been a surprise to anyone as to who was playing where and what time.

For anyone who was not let into the atrium, we apologize but the city and the south street seaport decided to change the capacity limit on us at the last minute. Clearly, there was still room in the atrium area and we fought to have everyone admitted in, but to no avail.

Again, thanks to all those of you who have supported us over the years. If this past Saturday was the first event attended which was organized by us, we hope we left a lasting impression and that you too will continue to support us. We hope we have addressed most major issues, and if anyone has any serious personal issues at this time, we will try and reply to all of them in no particular order. Please e-mail flips@stuckonearth.com if these personal problems do exist.

Sincerely,

Jeff, Chris, Dana, Edwin, Flips and the entire Stuck On Earth staff.

Everyone has already weighed in on this... but I still have to say something.... "Shit Happens"

I got there around 12 to find a crazy line of people which soon turned into a crazy mob of people as soon as one of the security guards made some sort of announcement for advance ticket holders to move up. BAD IDEA.

I waited in the rain, the cold, and crowd, the confusion and worst of all the fishy smell. Had I not purchased my tickets in advance I honestly would have left. The security guard that seemed to be in charge of the line, the white guy with the hat on, was actually very friendly and wasn't really stressing too much about the whole situation. I finally got inside at around 1:45am. From the moment i stepped into my first puddle of water inside the tent to the moment I FINALLY got my jacket from the coat check, I could say only one thing to my friends.... "IT WAS SSSSSSOOOOOO WORTH IT".

I realize that New York's become a VERY difficult city to throw a party in now a days and the weather wasn't exactly helping either, however based on what you wrote, you tried your best and like I said before man... SHIT HAPPENS...

Personally, I think all the shit that we went through really weeded out those who would go there just to be there, and those who went knowing what they were there for. The vibe was EXCELLENT that nite.

Despite what some other people might have to say about that nite... My friends and I consider that nite to be one of the greatest nites of partying ever. It was cold, it was wet, it was dirty, it was totally raw. This was the chance for people who claim that they're "THERE FOR THE MUSIC" to actually prove it. Cause that's all there was, the music.

Bring it.

Originally posted by maximman

Everyone has already weighed in on this... but I still have to say something.... "Shit Happens"

I got there around 12 to find a crazy line of people which soon turned into a crazy mob of people as soon as one of the security guards made some sort of announcement for advance ticket holders to move up. BAD IDEA.

I waited in the rain, the cold, and crowd, the confusion and worst of all the fishy smell. Had I not purchased my tickets in advance I honestly would have left. The security guard that seemed to be in charge of the line, the white guy with the hat on, was actually very friendly and wasn't really stressing too much about the whole situation. I finally got inside at around 1:45am. From the moment i stepped into my first puddle of water inside the tent to the moment I FINALLY got my jacket from the coat check, I could say only one thing to my friends.... "IT WAS SSSSSSOOOOOO WORTH IT".

I realize that New York's become a VERY difficult city to throw a party in now a days and the weather wasn't exactly helping either, however based on what you wrote, you tried your best and like I said before man... SHIT HAPPENS...

Personally, I think all the shit that we went through really weeded out those who would go there just to be there, and those who went knowing what they were there for. The vibe was EXCELLENT that nite.

Despite what some other people might have to say about that nite... My friends and I consider that nite to be one of the greatest nites of partying ever. It was cold, it was wet, it was dirty, it was totally raw. This was the chance for people who claim that they're "THERE FOR THE MUSIC" to actually prove it. Cause that's all there was, the music.

Bring it.

AMEN!! I had an awesome time celebrating my one year anniversary with my boyfriend at such a unique event. If it wasn't for all the rain and chaos I don't think it would have been as memorable as it was (although it would have been dryer). If it wasn't for the unfortunate incident in which my knee popped and gave out... I would have stuck it out the whole night. Thanks to all who made this party possible!!

Jenn

The fact that you guys have taken the time to address our concerns is great, I wish club/party management did the same thing. The music was awesome, the rain and wind caused the line problem; therefore, all is forgiven and I hope there won't be another problems at up coming events!! It's kind of ironic that the tri-state area is in the middle of a drought and it rained cats and dogs Sat. night!! It was the best nights I had in a real long time!!

Music was sick.

You guys were renamed Suck On Line for the night but like everyone has said shit happens. It was a great idea too bad it didn't go as well as planned. I mean it would have been sick if it was a really nice night but who cares the weather doesn't effect the music!!!

best party i've been to this year. It's unfortunate bout what happened with the line, and coatcheck. But the way i look at it is, that those things happening sometimes make a party memorable. Sitting in line forever, finally getting in, and seeing, feeling, hearing, almost TASTING that vibe, and those beats. Oh man, i had one of the best times that night. I LOVED the set up, loved the fact that everyone was all wet and no one cared....i personally feel that the dampness made the night so much better....def put a cooler on thangs.....anyway.....i hope that more parties go down there....hopfully in nice may-july weather....oh buddy!

geeee..... thanx stuck on earth for the apology, but you guys should change your name to stuck on line, being that i was on line for almost 3hrs. and only heard about an 1hr. of carl cox, lets also not forget the hour and a half i waited on the coat check line. maybe if u guys didn't over sell the tickets and told those dick heads at the pier (especially security, who didn't know right from left "literally") to be a little more organized, so the real people who go there for the music and the dj can actually listen to sound of the beats rather than the echos from outside.

SOE thanx.

It was by far the best party, with the best talent, I attended this year.

Joy, IHAD4, Destination NYC how can one go wrong with all the grate talent you bring to us.

Cant wait for Boo 6.

Shit happens,

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Bog

Originally posted by bogb

SOE thanx.

It was by far the best party, with the best talent, I attended this year.

Joy, IHAD4, Destination NYC how can one go wrong with all the grate talent you bring to us.

Cant wait for Boo 6.

Shit happens,

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Bog

Gotta agree thanks for a great time....BOO 6 cant' wait

Originally posted by apotheosis

wish Lust 4 Love would have wriiten a letter explaining what happened to Spacegirl and Acosta (the 2 headlining acts) and maybe what the hell they were thinking with Jam Master Jay.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DESTiNATiON NYC was a PARTY that I wiLL NEVER FORGET!!!!

ThanK You Stuck On Earth...You guys throw the best parties with the Greatest TALENT:D

agreed - destination was one of my top 5 parties EVER and certainly my favorite in NYC. yes there were problems with the lines to get in and between tents, and it probably would have been better to avoid the influx of people between 3:30 and 4 from the main tent upstairs, but most of us looked past that. Please keep this as an encouragement to bring great talent to small venues and pushing the limit with NYC massives.

good luck in preparation for boo!

also i agree with apotheosis - where was the apology from smoovegroove for that lust4more fiasco?

peaz,

rob

i agree about lust4 that shit was so stupid. but whatevea.

stuck on earth ...thanks for the apology but like trippintrance64 said.....def. those are th ethings that make it memorable. ill never ever forget that partie. it was the best forty dollars ive ever spent. and the rain just sucked but it was all worth it and i didnt give a shit!!!! it was just one of those parites. def. something ill never forget . i couldnt stop dancing all nite i came home that morining at 930 after gettin something to eat with my freinds and the weather and the walk to the train i didnt even m ind no matter how much my feet hurt. it was great. no words to describe it. wow!!!!!!!!

and the seaport would've of been so much better in the summer..that would fucking rock.