Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tanning Beds?

2 words.... Super Bed. Super beds work the best in my opinion. I go in there and get out ....I'm dark as hell. But ofcourse you gotta build up a good base tan. For that I like to go into the face beds, cause my face gets loses it's tan the first. Plus the face beds are much cheaper then the super beds. First like 2-3 days I go tanning I go in for 15 minutes. I peel out about the first week a littttle bit. Just gotta keep dumping on the moisturizer. I think some of that Aloe Vera shit works really good. Get the gel kind. But after the first few days, I just go the maximum time I could be in there for 20-25 minutes.

How come every girl I see working at the tanning salon are hot as hell?

Personally I just keep going. You said you go 3 days a week. So that shouldn't be a problem. If your burn just a little it should be alright. BUt remember to dump on the aloe vera, and do it through out the day, that's probably one of the most important things you can do. If you burn big time though... totally stop until your skin heals again.

if you're burnt, then you should wait a few days. in the meantime, you can tide yourself over with some self-tanning lotion - it really does work. neutrogena is the best, or if you want the cheap stuff, the duane read brand is really good, it just won't get you as dark.

Divette, Im actually a tanning consultant at a salon here in Jersey and BELIEVE ME DO NOT continue to tan if you are red or burned. Especially if you begin to peel or become itchy. Thats called "over radiation" and thats not a good sign at all. Besides the discomfort it can bring, you also have a better chance of developing melanoma and other skin cancers. Thats not safe, nor smart, tanning.

If you havent begun tanning, start moisturizing as much as possible. Use a light Aloe Vera, Vitmain A, or Vitmain E lotion in the morning and after showers. At night before bed, your best bet is to use vaseline on your skin or body butter. I use Earthenwear Body Butter with brazil nut oil and shea nut butter in it. Its especially good for dry and sensitive skin....as well as the cold weather months. Very good to prepare you skin for tanning indoors and out.

When you're ready to hit the tanning salon, talk to the girls there. They *should* know the best products to start you out with. Generally, if you are of a fair skin type or burn easily, you'll want to start out with a Level 1 lotion....as should every beginner tanner. They give great base color. Try to avoid those with any sort of bronzers in them at first. Wait until you build a nice tone before trying them. Try and keep your beginning tanning sessions to every other day. New skin in indoor beds need to adjust to the UV lights. If you need anything, shoot me a PM and Ill help out. I know some great lotions you can use that have hemp, bronzers, and tingle factors.

Oh yea, one more thing....after you tan you should go home and shower immediately. Use warm water in your shower and when you are done, you're gonna hate this, turn the cold water on just so it gets on your entire body. This will close the poors and help lock in the moisture. Afterwards, be sure to moisturize. Most salons sell lotions that are called "tan extenders". Don't buy it. Anything with Vitamin A or E will be just fine.

Hope this helps

~kAt~ :)

Originally posted by misskittie

Divette, Im actually a tanning consultant at a salon here in Jersey and BELIEVE ME DO NOT continue to tan if you are red or burned. Especially if you begin to peel or become itchy. Thats called "over radiation" and thats not a good sign at all. Besides the discomfort it can bring, you also have a better chance of developing melanoma and other skin cancers. Thats not safe, nor smart, tanning.

If you havent begun tanning, start moisturizing as much as possible. Use a light Aloe Vera, Vitmain A, or Vitmain E lotion in the morning and after showers. At night before bed, your best bet is to use vaseline on your skin or body butter. I use Earthenwear Body Butter with brazil nut oil and shea nut butter in it. Its especially good for dry and sensitive skin....as well as the cold weather months. Very good to prepare you skin for tanning indoors and out.

When you're ready to hit the tanning salon, talk to the girls there. They *should* know the best products to start you out with. Generally, if you are of a fair skin type or burn easily, you'll want to start out with a Level 1 lotion....as should every beginner tanner. They give great base color. Try to avoid those with any sort of bronzers in them at first. Wait until you build a nice tone before trying them. Try and keep your beginning tanning sessions to every other day. New skin in indoor beds need to adjust to the UV lights. If you need anything, shoot me a PM and Ill help out. I know some great lotions you can use that have hemp, bronzers, and tingle factors.

Oh yea, one more thing....after you tan you should go home and shower immediately. Use warm water in your shower and when you are done, you're gonna hate this, turn the cold water on just so it gets on your entire body. This will close the poors and help lock in the moisture. Afterwards, be sure to moisturize. Most salons sell lotions that are called "tan extenders". Don't buy it. Anything with Vitamin A or E will be just fine.

Hope this helps

~kAt~ :)

i tihnk i'm going to cut and paste and save this for future reference ;)

good advice thanks

oh and speaking of lotions, what do you think of Tea Tree?? so far i think its the best one i've come across.

I never heard of Tea Tree lotion in all honesty. Every salon has a different preferance in regards to the lotions they sell. My salon is CRAZY about Swedish Beauty products. IMO, they are some of the best out there. Their line is extensive from after tanning and tanning lotions. Their hottest lotion has a tingle factor of 15 which is HOTT!

We have other product lines like Butter and John Abate products too. It just depends on your skin type as to what lotion you would use. Tingle lotions need to be used carefully. When you apply them, you may feel a burn and your skin will heat up. Those products have stimulators to increase the bllod flow but make you as red as a pepper when you're done tanning.

I honestly suggest any product that has Hemp in it. They give a beautiful brown color to your skin. Try and get the Matahari lotion if possible. But the tea tree that you're talking about, is that the lotion name or simply an ingredient? I have sprays that contain tea tree oil and thats great for your skin so that could be a good product for maintaining the tan.

Okay, I have work to do....hope this helps ya'll. :)

~kAt~