Clubplanet Nightlife Community

club scene- door guys, dress code etc. during wmc

allyne

my friends and i coming out from san francisco- and was just wondering what to expect.

how is the deep house scene is like (crowdwise) in miami?

or how is the clubbing vibe incomparison to other cities like new york, vegas, LA, SF?

we heard the door guys outhere are notorious for being punks.

wonder how much truth is behind that? (reason i'm asking we're going out there 6 guys/8girls- and if we split with just us 6 guys we don't want to wait any longer than we have to?) and do most of them expect to get tooken care of to get in?

all of us are into designer clothes- but do the clubs trip off the funky designer sneakers (camper/kenneth cole/prada styled)?

Ive been to a few clubs down here so far, havent had the problem with doorman, besides my boy Lars who tested me on the address of my i.d. and won (im only 20), I think the whole vip/redrope story of miami really aint so much to be scared of, and id think during WMC, theyd be alot more leniant.

The clubs im hitting up during WMC im not worried about.

Everytime I go to space on a regular weekend I wear sneakers and jeans, although this week the girl at the door, who Im guessing now knows me, because she is fuckin awesome, told my boy no sneakers aloud (he had on white diesels) I said cmon were here every week, then she said, well they are stylish, so shes cool as hell.......who knows what will go on during WMC.

Originally posted by kitty19

is it true that no glowstixx are allowed at clubs in miami?

or, which clubs DO allow glowstixx? will they be lenient about this as well since it's during WMC?

thanks a lot.

Im sure at ultra they'll allow it, maybe even at the arena for sasha and dickweed, but I doubt any clubs will change there policy for this, you can have the blinky lights though, no glowsticks, u can lose a eye with those things, lol :blown:

The only club that explicitly denies glowsticks is Space. The others merely give you dirty looks (i.e. 'that's so last year' or some such...)

My opinion is, ditch the sticks, and enjoy the $50,000+ lighting systems and lasers instead :)