Clubplanet Nightlife Community

not around here...

crank47

Check out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_1860000/1860119.stm

I don't think you'd ever find the feds or any state gov't making such reccomendations, or accept the reality of the situation and try to enhace safety. I even remember reading about clubs that had to get rid of their chill-out rooms because cops said chill-out rooms promoted drug use or something like that. :rolleyes:

Here's a link to the "Safer Clubbing Guide" put out by the British gov't:

http://www.drugs.gov.uk/newsandevents/news/clubbing_n/view

Originally posted by crank47

I even remember reading about clubs that had to get rid of their chill-out rooms because cops said chill-out rooms promoted drug use or something like that. :rolleyes:

I think in the New Orleans rave case the feds listed chill-out rooms on the list of drug paraphenalia found at raves. I think they also listed water as paraphenalia.

Originally posted by Kuro

I think in the New Orleans rave case the feds listed chill-out rooms on the list of drug paraphenalia found at raves. I think they also listed water as paraphenalia.

I think the DEA's finally catching on that druggies drink water! OMG! They drink water! How could they have overlooked this fact in the past?

I've also heard a growing number of drug users TIE THEIR OWN SHOES!!! We must insist on velcro straps only or insist that only other people can tie your shoes! *lol*

Some bad news about the police district where that decision was made, Shady. Heroin sales/arrests have gone up so conservatives are using that as leverage to "get tough on marijuana" - since it is the "gateway drug." *sigh* It is so frustrating!

Originally posted by malanee

I've also heard a growing number of drug users TIE THEIR OWN SHOES!!! We must insist on velcro straps only or insist that only other people can tie your shoes! *lol*

Some bad news about the police district where that decision was made, Shady. Heroin sales/arrests have gone up so conservatives are using that as leverage to "get tough on marijuana" - since it is the "gateway drug." *sigh* It is so frustrating!

Did I tell you guys the story about how I got caught smoking pot in my car in the parking lot across the street from Glow last November at D:Fuse? I was hitting my Zepplin, and a DC cop comes strolling by and raps on the window. I was in mid-toke, and he made me open the window. I tried to hold it in as long as I could, but ended up blowing the smoke in the cop's face! Very Cheech and Chongesque. He was cool, though. All he said was, "You don't wanna do that here", and let me go. I thought I was fucking busted for sure.

I may have told that story already. If I did, then sorry. For some reason, I have really bad short term memory sometimes. But the talk of cops and pot reminded me of this story. :rolleyes:

I guess "electronic" music should also be listed and banned as paraphenalia since isn't that what all these drugged crazed "ravers" and "clubbers" are listening too. Then the feds should get tough on Oakie since he's like the "gateway dj" that's has gotten many an innocent young kid into the scene. :D

I guess "electronic" music should also be listed and banned as paraphenalia since isn't that what all these drugged crazed "ravers" and "clubbers" are listening too. Then the feds should get tough on Oakie since he's like the "gateway dj" that's has gotten many an innocent young kid into the scene. :D

The UK has a Repetitive Music law. Music with a repetitive beat is not allowed to be played in outdoor gatherings where I think like three or more people are gathered. It was created to bust up raves. I think that's part of what caused so many clubs to spring up.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

The UK has a Repetitive Music law. Music with a repetitive beat is not allowed to be played in outdoor gatherings where I think like three or more people are gathered. It was created to bust up raves. I think that's part of what caused so many clubs to spring up.

That's f*cked up. I guess no Ina-Gadda-Da-Vida either.

That's f*cked up. I guess no Ina-Gadda-Da-Vida either.

Here's the law. Actually it's 100 or more people:

This applies to a gathering on land, in the open air, of 100 or more persons at which amplified music is played during the night. Music includes sounds wholly or predominantly characterised by the emission of a succession of repetitive beats.

If a Constable in uniform reasonably believes that a person is on his way to a gathering to which this law applies, he may stop that person, and direct him not to proceed in the direction of the gathering'.