Clubplanet Nightlife Community

one more week until spring break!

djbuster

Originally posted by MadamMillie

what in the WORLD is your avatar?

looks liek a marble or something...by the way millie your avatar is also weird.

oh, spring break, yeah..i long for spreing break, i'm actually studying for the damn gre again..i had started but then lost entusiasm..but oh well here i go again, but spring break, well my "spring break" is in 2 weeks, in fact thi stime in 2 weeks i'll be in ultrafest at WMC..woo-hoo!!!!

what are you talking about MADAME?? i like my little guy...ya green fuzz.

-luckily i dont have to stick my head in too many books (art school...we cant read)

hey katie-hows boston? i'm actually going to moscow, so i'll be missing miami.

vic-wmc definately counts as spring break. where are you staying? have you been before?

i saw some show on the travel channel last nite about 'spring break'. they went to all the cheesy/frat boy places (panama city, lake havasu, cancun, etc...) i was laughing at the places they kept describing as 'hot clubs' basically-anywhere you could get cheep beer and grind to bad music. sounds like fun. (kinda sounds like platinum...)

moscow? what are ya doing there? just visiting for fun? for art? i hear it's cool.. no pun intended ... he he he ... although i bet it's pretty darn COLD there right about now..

beantown is great! this weekend is extra busy.. more than one night of good talent.. :)

when are you (collectively) coming? vicman has offered to drive all interested parties, right vic ? :)

Originally posted by djbuster

vic-wmc definately counts as spring break. where are you staying? have you been before?

i saw some show on the travel channel last nite about 'spring break'. they went to all the cheesy/frat boy places (panama city, lake havasu, cancun, etc...) i was laughing at the places they kept describing as 'hot clubs' basically-anywhere you could get cheep beer and grind to bad music. sounds like fun. (kinda sounds like platinum...)

werd...i've seen that show also..all yucky places..another big spring break area place is South Padre Island in Texas...gawwwd I hate that place :blown:

first time to WMC, but not to MIA, love the city, love it even more 'cos everytime i go is to get plastered..damn, the name of the hotel were staying at...camnt remember but it was something cheap.......H...ilton..is it? Is that the name? I dunno cos my boss is also named hilton so i dunno if i'm confusing names here..somene help me out...this is what happens when you :roll: too much

Originally posted by a1wave

beantown is great! this weekend is extra busy.. more than one night of good talent.. :)

when are you (collectively) coming? vicman has offered to drive all interested parties, right vic ? :)

well that lineup is mean, for Fri and Sat..I offered but everyone was busy doing other stuff :(

i saw some show on the travel channel last nite about 'spring break'. they went to all the cheesy/frat boy places (panama city, lake havasu, cancun, etc...) i was laughing at the places they kept describing as 'hot clubs' basically-anywhere you could get cheep beer and grind to bad music. sounds like fun.

Hey, I went to Cancun for my 21st, was a freakin blast!!!! Granted the music sucked compared to what we listen to now, but if you spend the entire week drunk, who gives a rats ass what the music sounds like. Shit we were jammin to 80's tunes!! You see you stay up till the sun comes up, crash till 11 get up, get drinks spend all day in the sun, various naps and such, clean up for dinner, drink more, go out, drink more, repeat. Granted you have to deal with a bunch of people you usually wouldn't want to, we're spoiled. Your drunk so, you deal with it.

Oh, yeah.... have you EVER heard of a HOT club in Mex?? No offense to the Mex on the board, but really?? It's Spring Break damn it..... get drunk, do foolish things that you will look back on and laugh your ass off. Oh, and what's wrong with drinking cheap beer and grinding with a million women. :D (oh now that REALLY doesn't sound like me)

Just got back from a week snowboarding in Colorado, so I really can't complain, but I wouldn't mind another week off for spring break either (I hear they just got 3 feet of snow at Tahoe!). :D

Vic, I did that spring break thing at South Padre back in '92. Yes, it was a lot of the typical drinking, grinding and "MTV Spring Break" type of stuff, but I have to say it was a lot of mindless fun. Music? who cared, we wanted the 10 cent drafts! Even did a day over the border in Mexico in Matamorose (or whatever it's called). That place was nasty, but the tequila flowed like water! One of the memories I have from padre was being totally wasted (surprise!) at some waterfront bar and throwing a bunch of the chairs and stuff into the water... for no real reason I guess... except that it seemed real funny at the time. :tongue:

Originally posted by sauvee88

Oh, yeah.... have you EVER heard of a HOT club in Mex?? No offense to the Mex on the board, but really?? It's Spring Break damn it..... get drunk, do foolish things that you will look back on and laugh your ass off. Oh, and what's wrong with drinking cheap beer and grinding with a million women. :D (oh now that REALLY doesn't sound like me)

actually if you see the balancepromte web page youll see that alot of the big nam,e dj's are going to Mexico, albeit Mexico City, but alot of them go there quite frequently. There is also ACAFest, held in Acapulco, and its almost the same concept as WMC, all the big name dj's are there for a week.

I really want to visit Mexioc City again, its been almost 6 years since I was last there, but back then I didnt knwo aboyt the music I listen to now, but I would like to check those sites out. A few months ago there was an article on Mexico City on either Ministry or Mixmag and they previewd this club there that used to be an regulkar old house ( a kinda big one) but you had Warren, Pappa, Lawler etc spinning there constantly and it was like they were spinning in your living room because the place was a house

Originally posted by crank47

Vic, I did that spring break thing at South Padre back in '92. Yes, it was a lot of the typical drinking, grinding and "MTV Spring Break" type of stuff, but I have to say it was a lot of mindless fun. Music? who cared, we wanted the 10 cent drafts! Even did a day over the border in Mexico in Matamorose (or whatever it's called). That place was nasty, but the tequila flowed like water! One of the memories I have from padre was being totally wasted (surprise!) at some waterfront bar and throwing a bunch of the chairs and stuff into the water... for no real reason I guess... except that it seemed real funny at the time. :tongue:

werd and you always have action there, but my friends were mostly geeks (think shady) after a few drinmks they all ended up fighting ith each other.

One of the memories I have from padre was being totally wasted (surprise!) at some waterfront bar and throwing a bunch of the chairs and stuff into the water... for no real reason I guess... except that it seemed real funny at the time. :tongue:

So, what fraternity were you in? :rolleyes::laugh:

and oh yeah..Matamoros is ugly..like Tijuana...ha, ha..funny thing you mentioned it, I rember when your in the border you see all the mexicnas crossing to the us to do their grocery shopping and you have alll the americans crossing over to mexico to do their grocery shopping...but yeah, cheap liqour, cheap drugs..damn...i miss mexico..i should go vosit my cousing thats a vet ;)

1). My Spring Break started today! I've been laying by the pool soaking up sun all afternoon.........it's 82 and sunny!

2). Mexico- gets all kinds of great DJ's. Alcapulco, and Mexico City get alot of top international acts. Not to mention La Boom in Cancun is one of the coolest clubs I've ever been too.

3). Vic- youre studying for the GRE? What are you going back to school for? My advice take the princetion review. It's expensive, but it works. I couldn't decided what I wanted to go back to school for........I just knew I didn't want to work. So I took the GRE, GMAT, and LSAT. The first few times I took the exam, I totally bombed. After the prep course I ended up scoring in the 92 percentile! (on the LSAT anyways)

Originally posted by joeygk

1). My Spring Break started today! I've been laying by the pool soaking up sun all afternoon.........it's 82 and sunny!

2). Mexico- gets all kinds of great DJ's. Alcapulco, and Mexico City get alot of top international acts. Not to mention La Boom in Cancun is one of the coolest clubs I've ever been too.

3). Vic- youre studying for the GRE? What are you going back to school for? My advice take the princetion review. It's expensive, but it works. I couldn't decided what I wanted to go back to school for........I just knew I didn't want to work. So I took the GRE, GMAT, and LSAT. The first few times I took the exam, I totally bombed. After the prep course I ended up scoring in the 92 percentile! (on the LSAT anyways)

This is why Vic wants to go back to school. Korean parents take education very seriously! :D

babyvox2.jpg:D

Alright, figured there must be something good there right now, in Mex. just wanted to cause a stir, anyways.... damn unysis guy showed up and I've lost my train of thought. :mad:

Oh, See THIS is why Spring BReak is so much fun, people have so many stories of stupid shit they did.... spring break the ultimate, do whatever you want idea......

Originally posted by sauvee88

Alright, figured there must be something good there right now, in Mex. just wanted to cause a stir, anyways.... damn unysis guy showed up and I've lost my train of thought. :mad:

Oh, See THIS is why Spring BReak is so much fun, people have so many stories of stupid shit they did.... spring break the ultimate, do whatever you want idea......

werd, rico-suavee, hmmm..maybe we should start another thread on stupid things weve done while on spring break...i guess the nastiest combination i foood i ever had was during spring break: scrambled tuna :vomit3:

Originally posted by joeygk

yeah, thats what i'm thinking that i might need more than shere vicman will power this time, i actually need a great score, plus if i pay for the damn course i'll be forced to attend and pay attention.

i was thinking of MBA before (i saw the study material for the GMAT and said "no fucking way!!!, screw it") so I'll be applying to ph.d programmes in public health and sociology, any big city with a nice music scene would be fine (DC, NY, MIA, LA, SF would suit me fine)

and by the way, what shady mentions is right...it comes in a close second..or maybe its first...as the main reason i need to go back to school :D

I am on SB right now... home in NY, and that's paradise for me, save the 4 holes and lots of stitches in my mouth right now that are preventing me from getting to Tenaglia's b'day tonight and maybe my own birthday tomorrow night, but then I have spring break #2 in two and a half weeks, back to NY, no holding me back from DT that week!!!! :bounce: