Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Burn Out?

malanee

I experience club burn out every few months. I usually take a couple of weeks off and by that time I stir crazy to get back out there! I don't see a time in the near future when I'll stop. I may taper it down a bit and become more selective about my nights out. Or maybe do more private party, low key type events.

Basically, the though of becoming one of those people who goes to bed at 10 on the weekend nights scares the hell out of me!:eek:

i swear, sometimes i do feel a bit burned out of going to a club, not of the music, but just the club ambience with cracked out people, the attitude of the staff etc....plus there are other things to do on a Sat. or Fri. night.

I guess, that once in while not going to a club for a weekend or two helps. Either you go out of town, or do something else, like play Nintendo for 14 hours straight, or watch college football all night long, hanging out with freinds doing jack, or doing some work. That usually works for me. Just a mini-break from clubs.

Gee, I dunno until what age I will still be going to clubs. At some point I suppose you would look weird when your 50 and still hitting the clubs hard, but I think that eventually I will stop going, although I'll still be enjoying the music if I still like it, but eventhoughI might not be goingto clubs anymore, I will still be dancing, like taking some ballroom dancing classes and enjoying that type of music, where a 50 year old doesnt seem that out of place.

Have you guys ever seen this 50 or 60 year old guy at Buzz or at Ultraworld events with glowstix and flashy clothes? Do you see what I mean? Its just not right.

Regardless, unless for some weird reason I end up in that business, I will stop eventually going to clubs and focusing on other things.

I've experienced club burnout. Definitely, the thing to do is not to force the issue, but to stay away for a bit. Whenever I don't go to Buzz for a couple weeks or more, and then go back, I get a feeling like I've come back home after a long trip.

Another thing is to go to bars. And then, when you realize how shitty a life it is to just go to bars all the time, then you appreciate clubs that much more.

Originally posted by vicman

i swear, sometimes i do feel a bit burned out of going to a club, not of the music, but just the club ambience with cracked out people, the attitude of the staff etc....plus there are other things to do on a Sat. or Fri. night.

I guess, that once in while not going to a club for a weekend or two helps. Either you go out of town, or do something else, like play Nintendo for 14 hours straight, or watch college football all night long, hanging out with freinds doing jack, or doing some work. That usually works for me. Just a mini-break from clubs.

Gee, I dunno until what age I will still be going to clubs. At some point I suppose you would look weird when your 50 and still hitting the clubs hard, but I think that eventually I will stop going, although I'll still be enjoying the music if I still like it, but eventhoughI might not be goingto clubs anymore, I will still be dancing, like taking some ballroom dancing classes and enjoying that type of music, where a 50 year old doesnt seem that out of place.

Have you guys ever seen this 50 or 60 year old guy at Buzz or at Ultraworld events with glowstix and flashy clothes? Do you see what I mean? Its just not right.

Regardless, unless for some weird reason I end up in that business, I will stop eventually going to clubs and focusing on other things.

I guess eventually your interests do change. But I saw this older couple at Buzz last Friday (at last mid forties) and I was like: Awwwww!

That's why I would like to get into the business side of clubbn' a little more. Be more behind the scenes - but still have access to that crazy energy. You know?

maybe a club for senior citizens shoul dbe opened with "shady" vazquez spinning :D

its weird that sometimes you just feel the energy of the place on a good night a remember why you love going to clubs so much. hell i'll just get a phat home, turn the basement into amini club and invite freinds over. put a huge ass tv, some lasers, aluminum foil as wall paper, some decks, some couches and the like, a nice bar, disco ball, lights.., that would be money.

Originally posted by malanee

But I saw this older couple at Buzz last Friday

Are you talking about you and Crank? Cause I saw you guys, too. :laugh::rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I saw the old couple on the dancefloor. It was really cute cause they were dancing. The dude was drinking beers and having a blast. I was kind of wondering how in the hell they got there. If they were somebody's parents, or if they took a wrong turn, or what. But I thought that was cool as shit that they were actually on the dancefloor. There were glowstickers all around them. I kinda wondered what must've been going through their minds.

maybe a club for senior citizens shoul dbe opened with "shady" vazquez spinning :D

its weird that sometimes you just feel the energy of the place on a good night a remember why you love going to clubs so much. hell i'll just get a phat home, turn the basement into amini club and invite freinds over. put a huge ass tv, some lasers, aluminum foil as wall paper, some decks, some couches and the like, a nice bar, disco ball, lights.., that would be money.

A buddy of mine's parents have this HUUUUUUUUGE house in Potomac. In the basement, they've got a movie room with a theater setup. In the rest of the basement, is a wooden dancefloor, disco lights, and a soundsystem. Fucking awesome.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

A buddy of mine's parents have this HUUUUUUUUGE house in Potomac. In the basement, they've got a movie room with a theater setup. In the rest of the basement, is a wooden dancefloor, disco lights, and a soundsystem. Fucking awesome.

i need to start playing the lotto more

i need to start playing the lotto more

I have mixed feelings about huge houses. It's kinda overkill if you don't have a huge family. Maybe in your case, where all your cousins and aunts and uncles would live with you, it could come in handy? But on the other hand, seeing the setup my buddy's parents have makes me kinda want one of those multi-million dollar homes. I would only occupy one of the rooms, the others would be empty. And I'd have no furniture. Just the dancefloor and my Techs. :D

I have mixed feelings about huge houses. It's kinda overkill if you don't have a huge family. Maybe in your case, where all your cousins and aunts and uncles would live with you, it could come in handy? But on the other hand, seeing the setup my buddy's parents have makes me kinda want one of those multi-million dollar homes. I would only occupy one of the rooms, the others would be empty. And I'd have no furniture. Just the dancefloor and my Techs. :D

well if you have the $$ to buy a big house then you should have the $$ to furnish it, if not what the point? but sometimes a big house can be too big. i guess i would shoot for a 3 BR house if i had my way. 1 for a BR, 1 for an office, & 1 for a guest room, but for the time being the trailer home is fine.

Shady - damn! Have you no mercy????

We should throw a house party one of these nights. We have access to several good DJs with different sounds and several phat locations: Jroo's, Shady's, my house...

Mercy is for wusses. :D

Aw, CRAP!!!! I just checked my calendar for next week, and I have an all-day meeting on Thursday! Damn, that means I have to come into work after the pre-WMC party. :( And that means I have to sit through an all-day meeting tired off my ass. :mad:

Aw, CRAP!!!! I just checked my calendar for next week, and I have an all-day meeting on Thursday! Damn, that means I have to come into work after the pre-WMC party. :( And that means I have to sit through an all-day meeting tired off my ass. :mad:

try getting off work early on Wed. and getting home and taking a 1hr or 2hr nap. that usually helps me alot when i go out one night and have to be up the next day for work or something else.

i by the way, am taking thursday off. :D

We should throw a house party one of these nights. We have access to several good DJs with different sounds and several phat locations: Jroo's, Shady's, my house...

yeah you, jimi, kuro, shady and other peopek that dont post are pretty good at spinning. i think thats a great idea.

Dude, we did that at my place last Saturday! It was totally phat! It went over really well, and me and my roomate are thinking about doing it every month. Probably on Saturday nights, so people can still go out and get the craziness out of their systems on Friday.

I think house parties are a great alternative to clubs. Drinks are a lot cheaper, if you got friends that DJ, the music is still good, and the seats and floor are always clean.

Originally posted by rammelsberg

I think house parties are a great alternative to clubs. Drinks are a lot cheaper, if you got friends that DJ, the music is still good, and the seats and floor are always clean.

and not to mention the bathrooms

Ha ha, that's where we live. Potomac. No wooden dancefloor with lights, but the basement is tight when we move the couches to the side.

We had the tables connected to the Bose surround and we recording people's dancing with my roomie's PC cam. I gotta tell ya, white glowsticks look TIGHT on computer the next morning. It really takes advantage of the low resolution and framrate.

We had it crankin' till 7am and the neighbors didn't complain once.

Originally posted by rammelsberg

Ha ha, that's where we live. Potomac. No wooden dancefloor with lights, but the basement is tight when we move the couches to the side.

We had the tables connected to the Bose surround and we recording people's dancing with my roomie's PC cam. I gotta tell ya, white glowsticks look TIGHT on computer the next morning. It really takes advantage of the low resolution and framrate.

We had it crankin' till 7am and the neighbors didn't complain once.

Sweet. I live in Germantown, which is like 10 minutes from Potomac through the back roads.

Ouch.

Dude, good luck.

Hope you don't get meeting-wood. That sucks bad.

"And now, Shady will explain his Powerpoint presentation to us."

Shady - "huh? what?"

Yeah, and you don't have to pile five dudes into the bathroom to shoot up and smoke crack and stuff.

Yeah, I know. You can do it anywhere you want!!!

J/K, I wouldn't allow anybody to shoot up anything in my place. Cept Elmo, that little 5hit is always sneakin that stuff in his backpack, He had the basement bathroom all to himself for 4 hours. I don't know what was going on, but when he came out, his fur was all nappy and he was missing his nose.

We'll have to have you over sometime, Shady. You can stop by tonight if you want. I'll be trying to figure out how to put some Ikea furniture together. Not usually difficult, but this week is an exception.

I have definately experienced club burn out. back when i was promoting events, i was out like 5-7 nites a week. it sucked when something i had loved to do became a chore.

When i stopped working at buzz a few years ago, it took me a long time to make it back there. it wasnt that i didnt like the place...i still think buzz is one of the best clubs in the world...it was just that after being there from open to close every nite for three years got to me.

i suggest taking some nites off. its better to go out and appreciate what is going on, than to go out and not like being there. its not like you are going to miss anything. 'the greatest nite of your life' happens every weekend

and yeah-house parties are always cool. (as long as that sketchy kid doesnt tag along with an invited guest...)