Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oxygen

phrankadelic

has anyone heard about this place? it's where the silly pepper was @ mayfair. well yesterday was the opening to the media and other vip's. a buddy of mine hooked me up. well...it went down like this:

they had this whole section blocked off upstairs. had a couple of bars setup. a mojito bar and a champagne bar. waitresses walking around with sushi. i think the spam allstars were playin out there and were tearing shit up!!! oh did i forget to mention that everything was free? so we take the elevator downstairs and it opens up in the club. i like what they've done. still has the layout of the chili pepper, but the color scheme is completely different. they redid the bar. added a wall right in front of it. the dj booth was relocated, but not too far from where it was. the crowd was ok. older crowd. lots of beautiful women. lots. music was good in the beginning, but got cheesy later on. left at about 10 (party started at 7:30). all in all...a very good night. i actually might get a chance to spin there. we'll see.

i was thinking the same thing myself when i walked out. i mean this isn't exactly the prime location for anything because you have to know about it to find it. it's not like you're going to walk by it. unless you're parking in the garage. but it's geared towards an older crowd i think. i spoke w/a couple of their promoters and they want to keep the typical grove crowd out of there.

we'll see how long that lasts.

It just opened up on Tuesday, yup it's where the Pepper was. Owner Matt Goldman P.A. and his office run the place. Very nice chill lounge not much for dancing, very small. It's down below so don't even bring ur cell phones, NO SIGNAL.

Sound:

Small EAW MK system with LA400 subs.

Lighting:

About 5 Elation Spot 150 for dance floor, and nice visaul effects all over the club. Also a very nice video wall.

This club is more for the 21 and over crowd, bizz crowd.

I see it more for an happy hour lounge...

on a scale from 1 to 10 ...... I give it a 6!

::NEXUS::