Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Protect Your Hearing!!!

i didn't wear ear plugs and went out three times this week.

smaller venues and slightly better controlled sound systems,

but i still coulda used a 5 or 10 minute break every now

and then by slippin' in some plugs for a bit here and there.

get earplugs.

or go deaf.

easy decision.

Originally posted by thehacker

i didn't wear ear plugs and went out three times this week.

smaller venues and slightly better controlled sound systems,

but i still coulda used a 5 or 10 minute break every now

and then by slippin' in some plugs for a bit here and there.

get earplugs.

or go deaf.

easy decision.

actually slipping in plugs doesn't do jack to put them in for 5-10mins you may think it does but the whole point is stop the tinitus before it starts

Originally posted by kandyraver

actually slipping in plugs doesn't do jack to put them in for 5-10mins you may think it does but the whole point is stop the tinitus before it starts

reealy.

i figured alternating was doing some good,

as opposed to just being subjected to a constant

steady stream of loud noise.

I tried the plugs clubplanet people were passing out at tiesto@exit back in december and found that i had a lot of trouble hearing the music that way... this is on top of the fact that the exit sound system was cranked past its limit or something and was really fucking up the bass...

anyone have this problem? could u suggest a good brand of plugs to go with, or are they all rather much the same?

the plugs to get will say Noise Reduction earplugs on them, with a rating in decibels... i've found that those with a rating of 29db make things a little quiet; my friend's got a pair rated at 24db and he says he doesn't miss a thing, and no ears ringing after the event.

kandyraver, correct me if i'm wrong (as you seem to have done quite a bit of research on the subject; kudos to you!) - you should find plugs with a rating of at Least 18 to 20db... ??

actually the plugs musicians use aren't rated that high due to the testing the FDA does they usually test about a 6-12 mine are rated at a 6 but they still work fine and protect your ears they filter out the sound rather than muffle them like styrofoam plugs normally do i have teh north safety sonic valve II they work good, pro sets cost $75-$500 depending on the filters that you get for them and they include the visit to the audiologist

Originally posted by legend38

AHAHAH LMAO!!

Who asked you? :tongue:

I didn't know you could "weat" earplugs, but I guess you learn something new everyday! :laugh:

Hardy har har.... I cant type for shit.. you should know that by now. i was gonna post and write "wear" but i figured everyone would understand what i meant... :tongue:

Originally posted by bebby6919

Hardy har har.... I cant type for shit.. you should know that by now. i was gonna post and write "wear" but i figured everyone would understand what i meant... :tongue:

Im just bustin your chops ;)

Originally posted by thehacker

the plugs to get will say Noise Reduction earplugs on them, with a rating in decibels... i've found that those with a rating of 29db make things a little quiet; my friend's got a pair rated at 24db and he says he doesn't miss a thing, and no ears ringing after the event.

kandyraver, correct me if i'm wrong (as you seem to have done quite a bit of research on the subject; kudos to you!) - you should find plugs with a rating of at Least 18 to 20db... ??

The good ones are those you have custom fitted for your ear....I so have to get one but don't have the $300 it costs :(

Not wearing earplugs will fuck you up eventually.....I've heard rumors of a couple of DJs like Ed Rush who are basically deaf at this point.