Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saeed & Palash News

From Xpander:

Washington, DC-based production team and DJ duo, Saeed and Palash, are releasing a mix compilation in May 2002. As part of the popular series dubbed "Tide Edit", the highly anticipated compilation is the first double CD in the series!

Saeed & Palash label, Addictive Records, is still going strong. You have probably heard the buzz around their "Watchin You" tune. This track and it's hunting vocal has already made it's way on Anthony Pappa's new Resolution mix compilation for the React label, and getting hammered by the one and only Danny Tenaglia. Addictive's current release MV's "Wait Till Tomorrow" is in stores right now. Next up is Audible Essence with "Sounds We Hear". This deep, percussive and grooved out release will hit stores mid-march, just in time for the Winter Music Conference.

Other news is that there is a new Addictive series: LowLIT. The focus of the new series is deeptech and the houser side of things. First up in the series is the work of Earth Deuley (Low Pressings/Hellpass/Elevate Mngmt). He delivers 2 deep and minimal house jams "Polythene" and "Meta 4" which is scheduled for release this summer.

You can catch the duo in Miami at the Yoshitoshi Party (Saturday at Space together with Deep Dish) and the Bullitt Bookings Party (Tuesday at Club Spin). (15/03/02)

Originally posted by malanee

I didn't like Deep Dish at Space last year. *ducks*

There's a theory that Deep Dish have off nights whenever you go, so for the good of everyone else you should never go to see them in the future. The last two times I've heard them you weren't there and they were on point.

Originally posted by Kuro

There's a theory that Deep Dish have off nights whenever you go, so for the good of everyone else you should never go to see them in the future. The last two times I've heard them you weren't there and they were on point.

It's cause Ruth just stands in front of the DJ booth doing pussyeater.gif to Ali and Sharam. I mean, can you fault the guys for being off when Ruth just sits there and does pussyeater.gif ??

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

From Xpander:

Washington, DC-based production team and DJ duo, Saeed and Palash, are releasing a mix compilation in May 2002. As part of the popular series dubbed "Tide Edit", the highly anticipated compilation is the first double CD in the series!

Saeed & Palash label, Addictive Records, is still going strong. You have probably heard the buzz around their "Watchin You" tune. This track and it's hunting vocal has already made it's way on Anthony Pappa's new Resolution mix compilation for the React label, and getting hammered by the one and only Danny Tenaglia. Addictive's current release MV's "Wait Till Tomorrow" is in stores right now. Next up is Audible Essence with "Sounds We Hear". This deep, percussive and grooved out release will hit stores mid-march, just in time for the Winter Music Conference.

Other news is that there is a new Addictive series: LowLIT. The focus of the new series is deeptech and the houser side of things. First up in the series is the work of Earth Deuley (Low Pressings/Hellpass/Elevate Mngmt). He delivers 2 deep and minimal house jams "Polythene" and "Meta 4" which is scheduled for release this summer.

You can catch the duo in Miami at the Yoshitoshi Party (Saturday at Space together with Deep Dish) and the Bullitt Bookings Party (Tuesday at Club Spin). (15/03/02)

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

argh, technical problems:mad: i wrote a whole semi-long post and now i have to redo it. i HATE when that happens.:mad:

anyways, this LowLIT label seems veryyyyyy interesting. can't wait til the first tracks come out.

also, ruth, FYI s&p ain't deep dish.:tongue:

but on the subject of deep dish, they've definitely dropped down on my scale of respectability. they just seem to be selling out, with all their madonna and dido remixes, and didn't they do some boy-band remix too? ugh

Originally posted by MadamMillie

argh, technical problems:mad: i wrote a whole semi-long post and now i have to redo it. i HATE when that happens.:mad:

anyways, this LowLIT label seems veryyyyyy interesting. can't wait til the first tracks come out.

but on the subject of deep dish, they've definitely dropped down on my scale of respectability. they just seem to be selling out, with all their madonna and dido remixes, and didn't they do some boy-band remix too? ugh

Oh stop. All those remixes were good and respectable and deeeeeeeeeeeeep.

I know - but they are playing with DD at Space! I love me some Saeed! :tongue:

did they remix some boy-band track or not? also, i think it's pretty uncool that they never spun around dc much until their buzz residency

They remixed N*Sync - Pop. I never bought it, but it wasn't as bad as everyone thought it would be.

The reason why they (and Saeed & Palash, for that matter) haven't spun much in DC is because the DC scene is too kandy to appreciate their brand of deepness. I read somewhere that a while back, DD couldn't get gigs in DC cause promoters didn't dig their sound. If you read the interview w/ Saeed & Palash on Xpander, they say the exact same thing. DC's starting to catch on, but it's taken some time. Until then, we'll have crap like Platinum and 1223 being what the majority of the people are into.

I know - but they are playing with DD at Space! I love me some Saeed! :tongue:

is Saeed the one you were poking fun at one time at Buzz, 'cos you mentioned that he seemed familiar because he was running amok at Yoshi one day and then all of the sudden you looked up to the DJ booth at Buzz and saw him getting ready to spin?

Vic - I wasn't poking fun - I was being a total idiot! I saw him standing off to the side of the dance floor and recognized him from Yoshi Toshi - not realizing it was Saeed! So I went up to him and asked him if I saw him at Yoshi's and he laughed and said - yeah, probably. Then he went up into the DJ booth and started spinning. *slaps forehead repeatedly* :rolleyes:

Vic - I wasn't poking fun - I was being a total idiot! I saw him standing off to the side of the dance floor and recognized him from Yoshi Toshi - not realizing it was Saeed! So I went up to him and asked him if I saw him at Yoshi's and he laughed and said - yeah, probably. Then he went up into the DJ booth and started spinning. *slaps forehead repeatedly* :rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yeah, I know. The story is kinda funny though. When Satoshi was here, after his set was done, shady, mento and I randomly looked to the back of the main room and saw him there in right smack in the middle of the dance floor a few feet from us, listening to Creamer spin..we were liek TWF...I mean, WTF?!!? Is it them?