Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Delta Heavy Sasha and Digweed at Miami Arena in danger of being cancelled

Delta Heavy Sasha and Digweed at Miami Arena in danger of being cancelled

The Delta Heavy Tour featuring Sasha and Digweed is in serious danger of being cancelled due to very poor ticket sales. The event scheduled for Saturday March 23rd at the Miami Arena has being troubled from the start. A late decision by promoters to go ahead with the event and serious competition from the already well established Ultra Festival were most likely the cause for such poor ticket sales. Promoters denied commenting on whether the event would be moved to a future date. Sasha and Digweed who will most likely perform at Ultra should the event be cancelled could not be reached for comments. This event adds yet another stain on the already tainted Clear Channel Corporate event that has been publicly criticized for trying to monopolize the electronic dance music market.

:laugh:

I'm sorry, Clear Channel botching another event just makes me wonder why people bother going with them in the first place...

Talk about corporate raving hardcore...

I swear, someone should tell the overseas musical contingent that when they're throwing events over here...to NOT depend on a mainstream entertainment monopoly who has no clue how to run "underground" parties...

sigh... *backtofeelingsadforcreamfields*

Oddly enough, this does not come as a surprise to me. Maybe if ticket prices for this duo weren't so high all the time, tickets would sell at a much faster rate. And, maybe if they learned to actually quench the thirst we all have for them, the ticket sales would rise.

No biggie though....I'll go to the Liquid Party. I've been missin' Max Graham! :D

no thats thye balance boat. delta heavy is at the miami arena, which there is no way in hell s&d will fill when theres so much else going on there for lots cheaper.... plus no1 buys advance tixx to electronic events...

creamfields/mekka/wotapalava redux. i wonder what they're gonna try this year.

Originally posted by jayp

no thats thye balance boat. delta heavy is at the miami arena, which there is no way in hell s&d will fill when theres so much else going on there for lots cheaper.... plus no1 buys advance tixx to electronic events...

creamfields/mekka/wotapalava redux. i wonder what they're gonna try this year.

glowbana :rolleyes:

In my opinion, Sasha and Digweed are getting a little big for their britches. Who do they think they are anyway? They better watch out or they're gonna turn everyone off, with these "tours" (are they dj's or a rock group?) and ridiculous ticket prices. They should remember where they came from. A few short years ago you could hear them at Twilo for 15 bucks. Now they think they're worth 60? Get bent.

There are too many quality up and coming djs who don't charge insulting obnoxious prices, and who you don't have to buy tickets in advance to see. Having to buy tickets in advance ruins the whole spontaneity of the thing. Back in the day, sometimes I would just be in a bar, and 4 o clock would roll around, and me and my friends would just decide at the spur of the moment to go to Twilo, and it was a lot more fun that way, than planning the whole thing out in advance.

Its really obnoxious the way S+D are trying to "conquer the American market", as if they're a couple of marketing execs, with pie charts and graphs in their office. Did they really think they were going to compete with Ultra? Puhleeze. They better come back down to reality.

Originally posted by dusted

In my opinion, Sasha and Digweed are getting a little big for their britches. Who do they think they are anyway? They better watch out or they're gonna turn everyone off, with these "tours" (are they dj's or a rock group?) and ridiculous ticket prices. They should remember where they came from. A few short years ago you could hear them at Twilo for 15 bucks. Now they think they're worth 60? Get bent.

There are too many quality up and coming djs who don't charge insulting obnoxious prices, and who you don't have to buy tickets in advance to see. Having to buy tickets in advance ruins the whole spontaneity of the thing. Back in the day, sometimes I would just be in a bar, and 4 o clock would roll around, and me and my friends would just decide at the spur of the moment to go to Twilo, and it was a lot more fun that way, than planning the whole thing out in advance.

Its really obnoxious the way S+D are trying to "conquer the American market", as if they're a couple of marketing execs, with pie charts and graphs in their office. Did they really think they were going to compete with Ultra? Puhleeze. They better come back down to reality.

HATER!!!!! :blown: :bigfinger