Clubplanet Nightlife Community

<<<Deep Dish Review>>>

Alright, I got there at 3:30 or so my review can only satisfy the period that I was there. Had to make a stop at Exit first to hear Nero (thats right, I went to Exit).

The minute I walked into vinyl I was at home. Dark hard beats banging away on those speakers blowing my mind apart. Alright fine, I've heard DD play before, I know they are great, blah blah blah.

They took me to a different state last night.

There was no point in the set from what I heard that was like the down time, every track had energy. Also, in addition to breaking out some twisted tribal tracks and hard, in your face house, the night just kept picking up. They got harder and harder and better.

I thought they were peaking around 6:30 or so, how wrong. They started breaking out some tech house and deeper tech pitched down to let everyone groove, the result was they kept people jumping around like maniacs.....including myself. They kept me guessing and had me confused with some of their remixes. The highlight was of course the Safe From Harm remix they threw down at 8:30 or so. OMG.......words won't do it justice, you just had to be there.

From the time I got there till close, I was blown away. It was one of the best sets I have ever heard. I will say this again, it was one of THE BEST sets that I have ever heard. The best dose of Deep Dish I have been a part of. I'm not a DD fanatic, and I never really put them on that pedestal.

I don't say this very often...........but in this case its a must

They blew me away last night.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got there at 1 and closed, and Deep Dish had the crowd going with music full of INTENSE HOUSE.

Showing off their versitility, they dropped everything under the HOUSE, including my passion: dark, evil, satanic, and utterly destructive tribal...

definitely the highlight of my night was the Safe From Harm Remix (another PQM banger??) into the original mix. They kept you running like the energizer bunny on stacker-2's and Mitsubishi's.

Met a lot of the CP heads...you muthafuckas know who you are...much love as usual..

K time to nap....bye.gif bye!

Awww glad that you guys had so much fun--I'm sure everyone else did too...wish I could have made it but...

Cintron--sorry I left that message saying I was coming & I didn't...technical difficulties...and robin I was asleep when you called :tongue: I was a lightweight last night, but I know from the last time I saw DD @ Vinyl that they save all their good stuff for that venue :D Next time, pwomise :)

See this is the kind of review that makes me mad I didn't go. I knew it was going to be like this too. I just hope the rest I got pays off for me next week in Miami. I am going out extra hard now to make up for it. Glad you all had fun...you bastards.

Definitely one of the best sets I have ever heard. Safe from harm remix into the original was :eek: Highmay you are one crazy fawker.... nice meeting you bro... the Vinyl regulars(you know who you are) always a pleasure.

Will not miss Deep Dish next time they are around thats for damn sure. Crazy night... I was so fullfilled that I didn't even want to go to Sound Factory after I closed it out.

Regina..... next time u better come.

Everyone else, a pleasure chillen..... nice meeting the new people that I met and it's time to go to bed.

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

WHAT A FUCKIN INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN NIGHT!!!

OMG A VERY HARD ONE TO FORGET!!

DEEP FUCKIN DISH ARE AWESOME

amazing Tracklising

slick mixing!!

deep , dark and progressive

thats what the night was

Axis of EVIL DJ's

Closing deep dish was a hell of a job!!

30 CP heads and you're nowhere to be seen. Damn, show yourself vinylhead.

Originally posted by roninmess

sicones, djjon, motherfuckinhighmay, joeg, tastyt, gabo, as well as a bunch of others and I closed it out too.

i woulda closed it out with u guys but......... my friends made me leave at like 850...... :mad: no big deal though i only missed the last few minutes

Originally posted by linabina

i woulda closed it out with u guys but......... my friends made me leave at like 850...... :mad: no big deal though i only missed the last few minutes

Where the hell you go for like 2 hours?! No one could find you anywhere.

Originally posted by roninmess

Where the hell you go for like 2 hours?! No one could find you anywhere.

:grin:

Roxy2FactoryNYC: do u remember when the bouncer gave me $20 to show him your tit?

Roxy2FactoryNYC: then i showed him both and he gave me $50

LinaBina4: =-O

LinaBina4: what??!?!?!??!

LinaBina4: no he did not

Roxy2FactoryNYC: YOU DON'T REMEMBER THAT?~!!!!!!!!

LinaBina4: NO!!

LinaBina4: wtf

Roxy2FactoryNYC: LMFAOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DO U NOT REMEMBER THATTTTTTT

Roxy2FactoryNYC: LOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

LinaBina4: idkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

LinaBina4: wtfffffff

LinaBina4: tell me

Roxy2FactoryNYC: gotcha

Roxy2FactoryNYC: aaaaaaaaaaaaahahaahahahahhahaa

Roxy2FactoryNYC: :-D

LinaBina4: lol omg

LinaBina4: tellllllllllll me that didnt happen

Roxy2FactoryNYC: nah but for real he gave me only $5

Roxy2FactoryNYC: :-P j/k

Roxy2FactoryNYC: ahahahhaha never happened

LinaBina4: i knew it lol

hhahahah i knew that never happened...... but he did scare me for a sec though cuz i was ridiculous last night lol

Deep Dish Rocks!

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. I would've went but I just got back from Panama City yesterday and there was no way my ass was getting off the couch.

How was the crowd, the system(last time they brought their own), lights, and what was the track that tore the roof off?

Originally posted by tribal

what was up with those condoms hanging from the ceiling??

:laugh:

great night

i was gonna try and stay but at 630 i just crashed...got all tired, nausea, and really dizzy...weird

anywayz, it was great seeing everyone

hope to see the same people for howells in 2 weeks

ps: must...find...sinead..o..connor...track! :horns:

yup...Deep Dish was incredible last night (as opposed to Exit, which I couldn't wait to get out of)...easily one of the best sets I've ever heard. Every single track they played was on point and made you want to move around and dance. They just kept building it up through the night, getting harder and darker. Threw in some nice vocals, also some tribal stuff to spice things up....flawless set, overall. Once I got there, I knew I wouldn't forgive myself if I missed even one second of that set, so I closed it out. I've only been to Vinyl twice (last time for Howells on Labor Day) and both times I've heard amazing, undescribable music. Probably gonna go next week for Dave Seamen.

Nice meeting all the new CP headz and chilling with the old ones...always a pleasure. DjJonStephen, thanx a lot bro ;)

i'm kind of a newbie to vinyl, but i hit that up last night with my crew and loved it... ive been wanting to see deep dish for a vinyl and this was utter fulfillment... only dissapointment was that one of our heads needed to go to work the next day and we had to leave around 5:30 or 6... damn... hopefully next time i can stay till close and hear out the whole experience...