Clubplanet Nightlife Community

April 19 Guest dj's?

vicman

don't fucking do that! i started to hyperventilate. . .no one should start rumors about richie coming unless it's true!!!!!

besides, how many times do i have to repeat myself? 10 sui is booked for the 19th. dats it.

yo. . .unless. . .they're booking both richie hawtin and 10 sui!

oh my. . . .

this is what i gou on 10 Sui:

10 sui aka Tracie Storey was brought up in Celtic Wales and her musical experience started on the dance floor. Early tracks of influence were the techno fused electronica of Warp's Sabres of Paradise and LFO. Her sets breathe between electronic experimental and breakbeat/electro grooves. She has been building her profile over the last two years and besides playing clubs she enjoys playing festivals and sees internet radio as something to invest in.10 sui joined the Ninja crew on part of their '97 UK tour and has taken part in the legendary Solid Steel Kiss 100 FM radio show. She now does sets for Solid Steel on www.ninjatune.net and writes for a new DJ magazine called X-Fade which will be launched May '99 and is an offshoot of the popular national magazine 'Future Music.' Besides DJing Tracie is incorporating a digital domain in her sets by using the CDJ to add dimension to the vinyl sound and play what will soon become more commonplace - CD Dubplates. Seeing people dance is the drive behind her sets and she feels the importance of changing attitudes and the acceptance of females in the industry.

Last year saw gigs around the globe from Australia spinning besides Freq Nasty and Adam Freeland to New Zealand, San Francisco, Poland, Rome, Israel, France, Amsterdam and Berlin. Highlight of the year was a visit to the unique Burning Man Festival, where she mashed it up sunrise style Each month she writes breakbeat reviews for her page in IDJ Magazine. 10 sui is releasing a mix album for TCR to celebrates their 50th release.

more on 10 Sui:

Having previously released "Dis Sound" with production partner Trigga, 10 Sui (Tracey Storey) goes it alone this round with a solid solo debut. Strangely enough, the 10 Sui's original tune is missing from the 12", but the remixes that made it on are certainly worth talking about.

Future Funk Squad and longtime production partner Madame Breaks unite once again. Their most famed collaboration occurred a few years ago when they remixed O.T. Quartet's club anthem, "Hold That Sucker Down". Their progressive-ish "Dual" breaks mix went on to become Pete Tong's Radio 1 Essential Tune of the week back in October of 2000.

This time around, with throbbing sub-funk basslines and crisp, slicing beats, the duo definitely don't disappoint in their reworking of this one. The mix is what you've come to expect of FFS, but the Madame infused her own old skool flavor by the means of an epic-style pad. The one thing that does bother me about the tune is the extremely cheesy, "There can be only one winner" sample which sounds like it was taken from a video game. Other than that, the tune is gold. The bass, the pads, and beats combined make for a track that does the bizness hands down.

With a two minute long intro comprised of smooth pads and atmospherics, 10 Sui & Tamsin's collaboration takes much longer to get jumpin'. A droning bassline is interesting at first, but becomes tiresome quickly. Some decent vocal cuts and sirens spice thing up a bit, but overall the track lends itself to a bit too much repetition for my liking.

Originally posted by Kuro

Hawtin, Fontain and Acquaviva were at Honeydew 2 last July. And there was no line when we got there at 12:30. I don't get that.

my only explanation is that school is out and alot of the undergrads and highschool students arent in town

Originally posted by vicman

my only explanation is that school is out and alot of the undergrads and highschool students arent in town

I figured that it was just before a lot of people started going to Buzz cuz they heard it was the place to go and because a lot of people don't know shit about Hawtin, like even a big name DJ doesn't have a huge draw if she/he's a techno DJ.

I figured that it was just before a lot of people started going to Buzz cuz they heard it was the place to go and because a lot of people don't know shit about Hawtin, like even a big name DJ doesn't have a huge draw if she/he's a techno DJ.

thats another reason why there maybe wasnt no line.

Who's 10 sui?

brilliant breaks dj. . .aaand she's cute ;)

i just looked at the buzz events and realized 10 sui was listed in addition to a surprise guest. . .my guess? maybe meat katie, he's on a cd release tour soon? but that be too much in one night, the kids would go cragee

Originally posted by scratchapella

brilliant breaks dj. . .aaand she's cute ;)

i just looked at the buzz events and realized 10 sui was listed in addition to a surprise guest. . .my guess? maybe meat katie, he's on a cd release tour soon? but that be too much in one night, the kids would go cragee

I did hear a name mentioned, but not Meat Katie (and not breaks). I was oping for a few weekends where there were no DJs I wanted to hear so I could stop going for a bit. I'd go for Meat Katie.

Originally posted by scratchapella

yeh, her or this other crew of female djs back home, called superjane, dj pyschobitch and teri bristol on six turntables would fit right in at buzz, they totally get off on big crowds

psychobitch I've heard of, but I'm not sure what she spins. Techno?