Clubplanet Nightlife Community

>>iF You WERE a GREEK GOD, Who would YOU BE?

If you were a GREEK GOD, who would you be?

Aphrodite: goddess of love, desire and beauty. In addition to her natural gifts she has a magical girdle that compels anyone she wishes to desire her

Apollo: He is the god of music, playing a golden lyre. The god of healing who taught man medicine. The god of light. The god of truth, who can not speak a lie.

Ares: He is the god of war. He is considered murderous and bloodstained but, also a coward.

Artemis: She is the lady of the wild things.

She is a virgin goddess, and the goddess of chastity. She is the protector of the young.

Athena: She is fierce and brave in battle but, only wars to defined the state and home from outside enemies. She is the goddess of the city, handicrafts, and agriculture. She is the embodiment of wisdom, reason, and purity.

Hades: was made lord of the underworld, ruling over the dead. He is a greedy god who is greatly concerned with increasing his subjects.

Hephaistos: He is the only god to be physically ugly. He is kind and peace loving. His wife is Aphrodite

Hera: She is the protector of marrage and takes special care of married women.

Hermes: is a messenger. He is the fastest of the gods. He wears winged sandals, a winged hat, and carries a magic wand. He is the god of thieves and god of commerce. He is the guide for the dead to go to the underworld. He is the god of fire and the forge.

Hestia: She is a virgin goddess. She does not have a distinct personality.

Poseidon: He was lord of the sea. His weapon is a trident, which can shake the earth, and shatter any object. He is second only to Zeus in power amongst the gods. He has a difficult quarrelsome personality. He was greedy.

Zeus: Became the supreme ruler of the gods. He is lord of the sky, the rain god. His weapon is a thunderbolt which he hurls at those who displease him. He is also known to punish those that lie or break oaths.

I'd be Zeus because I'm in the power thing...hehehe...It's nice to see that other people read the board before heading to work/school/whatever...Ah rise and shine to another rainy day..Oh well, time to go make some $$$$. Have a good day...

Andrew

Oh yeah, how can you ask a question and not give a answer...I'll check it later....

Originally posted by marcid21

Glow..you forgot Demeter andPersephone....

Me...I'd be Persephone!:D

actually...Glow is correct...there were 12 gods that sat on Olympus...it's been a while but there is quite a heirarchy in Greek Mythology that would take days to define...

marci, you should say a little something about who you'd be for those that dont know (or cant remember...ummm...like me)

Originally posted by phatman

marci, you should say a little something about who you'd be for those that dont know (or cant remember...ummm...like me)

DEMETER--in Greek mythology, the goddess of agriculture, of the harvest, and of grain; a type of the earth goddess and the mother goddess. Her Roman cognate is CERES, the Roman goddess of grain, from whose name we derive the word "cereal."

PERSEPHONE--the daughter of Zeus and Demeter; the Maiden of Spring.

To make a long story short...Persephone was kidnapped by Hades, brother of Zeus and god of the Underworld. What happened was Eros (god of Love) shot one of his arrows, which strayed and struck Hades....The first person Hades laid eyes on after that was Persephone...with who he fell madly in love with.

So Hades kidnapped Persephone and took her to the Underworld and took her as his bride. During this time Demeter refused to let any harvest grow...leaving things dismal and scarce back on earth.

Apollo, the Sun God, saw this destruction and ordered Persephone to return to her mother....the catch is...Persephone, while refusing to eat while in captivity, did happen to eat a few Pomegranite seeds. These seeds supposedly "seal the deal" and mean she has to stay in the Underworld.

But Apollo, being the Big Man he is...pulled some strings, and was able to get Persephone back with her mother for only half of the year....the other half she was to stay in the Underworld.....

Hence....our seasons.....

((was that good enough for you Phatty??))

Well technically- because of my name, I'm Artemis... but somehow that doesn't quite fit me... :rolleyes:

Artemis: She is the lady of the wild things.

She is a virgin goddess, and the goddess of chastity. She is the protector of the young.

Are there any goddesses that have somehting to do with literature and writing? A muse perhaps?

BTW, Marci- I was thinking of Persephone this morning... because today is the day she is returned from Hades! :D :D

Originally posted by tastyt

Well technically- because of my name, I'm Artemis... but somehow that doesn't quite fit me... :rolleyes:

A muse perhaps?

The Muses are the Greek goddesses who preside over the arts and sciences and inspire those who excel at these pursuits. Daughters of Zeus, king of the gods, and Mnemosyne ("memory"), they were born at Pieria at the foot of Mount Olympus. Their nurse, Eupheme, raised them along with her son, Crotus the hunter, who was transported into the sky as Sagittarius upon his death. Their name (akin to the Latin mens and English mind) denotes 'memory' or 'a reminder', since in the earliet times poets, having no books to read from, relied on their memories. The Romans identified the Muses with certain obscure Italian water-goddesses, the Camenae.

The original number of muses and their names varies in earlier times as their evolution blossomed in Greek mythology. At first, three muses were worshipped on Mount Helicon in Boeotia: Melete ("meditation"), Mneme ("memory"), and Aoede ("song"). Another three were worshipped at Delphi and their names represented the names of the strings of a lyre: Nete, Mese, and Hypate. Several other versions were worshipped until the Greeks finally established the nine muses in mythology as: Calliope, Clio, Erato, Euterpe, Melpomene, Polyhymnia, Terpsichore, Thalia, and Urania.