Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Power 105.1

agreed! plus i think ive heard enough of "keeping it gator" "giovanna rims" and funk master flex fucking up every song he plays... damn it.. he plays like 2 secs of the intro and then scratches for an hour that same spot... till it burns a hole in the record and then he plays the rest of the song... and ends with "2 suburbans and hearse, cause we killin it out there" IMO theres only 2 things hes killing 1. the song, and 2. his career...

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

they stil play the same shit as Hot97 but they throw in old skool in the middle..so u gota love it

eh not really, some yes.. but its more hip hop then R&B, Hot97 typically plas R&Bsong then HH, then R&B then HH... as 105.1 just plays a variety of everything... no set pattern no rules... just oldschool joints and newschool, and preschool, and schoolfish and school of hard knocks, scheul, and yeshiva all that...

u know what would b hot..wow...im like drooling right now..a station that plays old skool rap..but not like old skool run-dmc , not that i got n e thing against the KINGS, but old skool stuff most of us grew up with durin the day..and at night switch over to breaks..acid trance..goa..D&B..i mean like some really tight shit. this might not seem to make sense to some of u but i know that i moved from rap onto techno/trance/house etc etc... it seems that rap was the gateway music that got me hooked onto beats and bass..so it just seemed natural to progress to where i am today.

Originally posted by dgmodel

anyone else think this station is off the hook? 10,000 songs contiguously, commercial free... not bad... considering Ktu plays on 10 songs 20 mins apart, and hot97 plays 5 over and over... lets see what happends with them...

Def. diggin their playlist more than hot97...

as far as the commerical free thing, that is cool, but will only last the first few months--it's a radio trick that aids in a new station getting a new, large audience. But after the first couple months they have to start playing commericals, otherwise they can't afford to be in business. Commercials is how them stations make money...

They just pray that their audience stays with them once that starts happening...