Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ-ing and motherfucking TRAINSPOTTERS!!!

Ok, im sure you know already what im gonna say. To all the dj's out there, dont u hate it when your minding your bsuiness at the decks, playing out your set, and theres either one or two or sometimes a fucking crowd of people, standing right in front of you (arms crossed) looking at everything you rdoing and trying to id every track that your playing. Meanwhile the whole point is to work the crowd and you cant see the crowd cuz these fucking trainspotters are in the way and u cant see around them!!!

THEN sometimes they have the balls to start telling you what tracks you should and shouldnt be playing!!!!

I've almost beaten many a ppl to a pulp at a few clubs for doing this shite to me. Can Anyone else out there relate?

Lou (^_^)

Hehe....if the decks are low enough where people can do it, it's an occupational hazard. I have to admit I'm an occasional offender myself, but only when I hear a track that I NEED to know what it is so I can start looking for it tomorrow. As far as people telling you what to play, haven't had it happen during a set, but I have had people walk up to me and say things like "great set, but there was that one track that everyone plays....". No shit. That's probably why I played that one. Have to play a few tracks people will recognize. Sheesh.

People who go out to parties and sit there with their arms crossed the whole time piss me off. If you want to stand there, tap your foot, and try to see if you recognize every track, go to an emo concert instead of a club. More often than not, the purpose of the DJ is to improve the atmosphere of whereverhe or she is playing, and if you can't allow yourself to have a good time and enjoy yourself because you're too busy trying to dissect the tracks, then you should probably be hanging out somewhere else.

did you start dj'ing yesterday? you choose your record based on info on the record sleeve, or info you put on the sleeve on a separate label. i know im old, and old-school, (my first club job was in 1984), but but we labeled the record sleeve with bpm, key, and break points.

who would ever look at the center when choosing a piece of vinyl? put the info on the jacket and all your vinyl can be white labels.

Originally posted by bluewater

Ok, im sure you know already what im gonna say. To all the dj's out there, dont u hate it when your minding your bsuiness at the decks, playing out your set, and theres either one or two or sometimes a fucking crowd of people, standing right in front of you (arms crossed) looking at everything you rdoing and trying to id every track that your playing. Meanwhile the whole point is to work the crowd and you cant see the crowd cuz these fucking trainspotters are in the way and u cant see around them!!!

THEN sometimes they have the balls to start telling you what tracks you should and shouldnt be playing!!!!

I've almost beaten many a ppl to a pulp at a few clubs for doing this shite to me. Can Anyone else out there relate?

Lou (^_^)

HEY! Let's not start knockin' on the trainspoters, AIIGHT?!?!?!

• 3 weeks later...