Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ok- Time For Sopranos Non Biased Review Of Roxy!!!!!

oK first off i gotta give a shout out to the roxy stage crew....its always a pleasure rolling up in there and chilling with you peeps...even though i was rolling in there solo i knew i had nothing to worry about.....good seeing all the usual partners in crime......

as for the review....

opening dj was horrible.....more train wrecks then tony draper...cd skipping and everything.. he played the song everybody which i actually like but he totally runied the song doing who knows what to it....so yea he was horrible......

vicious came on and he was working the mix....fading songs in and out and looping and shit but his track selection was sub par....yea he might have been hard but every track sounded the same....kick bass, kick bass.....hes clearly playing for the non educated music crowd,,but ill give him props cause hes mainiting the cheese head crowd that goes there........no trance or progressive tracks at all to break up the repetitive beats......

the system:

they added these huge cones on top of all the speaker stacks...the system has mad bass but its soooooo distorted...i saw numerous people holding their ears and putting there heads down due to the distortion blaring through the speakers....the sound really needs some work in there.....

all and all i had a good time casue i got mad drunk and got to chill with the cp stage crew like old times.........

MARTY WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU KID?????

Chris Lewis should be back up there opening for Vicious. There is no question about this one.

People I was with at the time were laughing at the opening DJ....LAUGHING. I don't like to rip on any djs (other than Tony The Terrible) but it was just not good. Track selection/mixing skills/direction..............nothing seemed to click at all.

A-Love and Bob G ought to put better guys up there opening for Vicious.......

i guess i won't be making the grand return quite yet. i wish vicious would just play his original style, well i guess i just have to listen to the sanctuary in order to hear that jv sound for now.....

damn it!!!!!! it's a conspiracy, i think tony draper or exit promoters kidnapped the real johnny vicious and this is some horrible clone......... noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry got carried away.....

I talked to Bobbie G not to long ago and he is giving Djs that are known to open, so of course dont excpect too much... He also said he didn't really realize that we have a lot of Djs that post on the board and he wants to give them all a shot and have some kind of Dj contest! Might be awesome to see the Djs of CP, male or female ripping it up on Roxy's turntables. Hopefully he will go through with this! It might be a sick ! :idea:

Originally posted by rdancer

I talked to Bobbie G not to long ago and he is giving Djs that are known to open, so of course dont excpect too much... He also said he didn't really realize that we have a lot of Djs that post on the board and he wants to give them all a shot and have some kind of Dj contest! Might be awesome to see the Djs of CP, male or female ripping it up on Roxy's turntables. Hopefully he will go through with this! It might be a sick ! :idea:

That dj contest would be fuckin awsome!

Soprano, yeah you didn't look like you were having fun except with your umbrella drinks LOL. I was not really feelin all the music last night either, but I had my own fun:cool: Nice seeing you again bro. TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS! LOL