Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD or Roxy?

Originally posted by Alexandra

No question...

Yes, its going to be packed, and yes, its $40, but if you've ever seen PVD live, you KNOW its all gonna be worth it!

xoxo

Alexandra

I am with you on that one...but PLEASE, people don't go to Soundfactory to see/hear PvD!!!! Go to Roxy.... so I have room to get my groove on to the greatest DJ alive ;)

Originally posted by hotelie

I am with you on that one...but PLEASE, people don't go to Soundfactory to see/hear PvD!!!! Go to Roxy.... so I have room to get my groove on to the greatest DJ alive ;)

my thoughts exactly.....go to roxy and this way when i arrive at sf around midnight the line wont be wrapped around 4 blocks....

You've gotto be crazy to go to Roxy for like the hundredth time in a row instead of going to see PvD, considering that he hasn't been in NY for a year!!!!!!!!!! If you care about the music, this clearly isn't a hard decision LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if you've ever heard Paul van Dyk spin, you know that the $40 is def. worth it, nomatter what the venue!

Originally posted by msoprano13

my thoughts exactly.....go to roxy and this way when i arrive at sf around midnight the line wont be wrapped around 4 blocks....

yeah, do the Exit Tiesto Style TOSSING, according to the rules you posted like in February lol

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

Ok well I think like everyone else im torn here.

PVD vs ROXY

PVD I like but I don't think I wanna pay $40 or $50 to get in

Roxy is home, I get to go see all my friends and jus hang out and listen to brain busting beats with a hot crowd. hmmmm what to do what to do.....whats everyone else doing?

honestly i think your the only one torn here because van dyk vs roxy is a no brainer :D yea its 40 bux but its pvd nuff said

Originally posted by hotelie

yeah def go to roxy please. i mean it is your home. you might be missed. lol

Originally posted by scoob-e

your crazy if u spend 40 dollars to see paul van dyk.

shit man i saw him at twilo for like what? 20 bucks?

yeah........and do u see a club called twilo anywhere in the city anymore?????? don't think so

Is this a serious question??

Hmmm.. let me think hard about this one.. PVD or JV and Nero(i think). The past 5 times PVD was in NYC it cost $35 to get in. Yeah it will be crowded, but also remember you can hear his beats on all 4 floors. Video monitors will also be placed everywhere. Overall SF is bigger than Twilo, it can definetely hold more people. I'll be there, without a doubt. My 6th time seeing the man. Luis Diaz is opening too, just like old times. PVD hasn't been in NYC in exactly 1 year, JV is there every week. It is your decision, but we know where the true fans of the music will be. Except for those who went to WMC, you are excused.

Originally posted by teklord310

Is this a serious question??

Hmmm.. let me think hard about this one.. PVD or JV and Nero(i think). The past 5 times PVD was in NYC it cost $35 to get in. Yeah it will be crowded, but also remember you can hear his beats on all 4 floors. Video monitors will also be placed everywhere. Overall SF is bigger than Twilo, it can definetely hold more people. I'll be there, without a doubt. My 6th time seeing the man. Luis Diaz is opening too, just like old times. PVD hasn't been in NYC in exactly 1 year, JV is there every week. It is your decision, but we know where the true fans of the music will be. Except for those who went to WMC, you are excused.

when the truth is spoken........it must be acknowledge

nice to know a fellow rutgers head shares my thoughts

I use to see PVD when he was at twillo...It wuzzz alot cheaper then. $40. is totally ridiculous to here anybody spin. SF is going to be discustingly packed and there's not going to be anyplace to just chill and vibe, dance or do what ever you do when you go to clubs. I agree with spragga..find a free bar or lounge get fucked up and just dance and chill with friends....In the grand sceme of things once your wreaked anything sound great....MY 2 cents

All this debate really comes down to is this:

If you love Paul Van Dyk and want to out for the music tonight, go see PVD at SF.

If you just want to have fun and don't want to spend a lot of $$ or be packed like sardines, go somewhere else.

As someone who has seen PVD live more times than I can count, I would highly recommend going to see him tonight -- he doesn't come to NYC often (anymore) and if you like his music, his live set will blow your mind better than any other DJ spinning in NYC tonight.

But, then again, SF is going to be packed anyway, so if you're not into PVD, his music or the SF crowd, you're probably better off going to your usual Friday night spot and leaving PVD to his true fans.

Whatever you do, have fun tonight!

xoxo

Alexandra