Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
eggmok

back from miami . . .

Recommended Posts

and for those of you that haven't been, it's well worth the trip . . .

got there on friday night and headed out for the billboard party, Anthony Pappa, Cass, Chris Fortier, Dave Seaman, DJ Heaven, John Debo, John Graham, Lee Burridge, Luis Diaz, Nick Warren, Parks And Wilson, Phil Thomson, Remy, Sander Kleinenberg, Sean Cusick, Steve Lawler, Steve Porter. the music, imo sucked ass . . .

next day on saturday we headed for ultra. this year was much more packed than ususal. i got pretty bombed by the end of the night so i really couldn't comment on the party except the fact that i had an awesome time . . .

sunday, i was hungover all day and puked and slept on sobe. i'll post up my picture of me puking on the beach when it gets developed. i slept most of the day then we went to space to listen to pvd. i've seen him about 12 different times and this by far was the best set i've ever heard him spin. it was a six hour set with mostly new shit. from my boy:

His set started out dark and banging. Lots of prog house, deep house and he played LOTS of breaks all night long. 2 hours of new dark progressive beats and then the set took on a deeper tone and he just played the sickest music.....I wouldn't even call it trance so much as PvD's own style of mind-bending, jizz-inducing melodica. after about 3 hours or so the BPM's were kicked up a notch and he started playing some of his signature tunes and some old classics. He ended 6 and a half hours later with Gaia - 4 elements. I lost my voice from screaming all night and I still haven't come to terms with how good that set was.

i met up with some other cp people, but i only ran into chyna. sorry i missed vic and malanee but miami was just so crazy. i definitely know what to expect next year, my third and possibly last time. for those of you that couldn't make it, start saving now!! here was the totals:

clubs and ultra (3 nights): $120

air fare: $177

hotel (3 nights split 4 ways): $103

cash: $300

so close to $700 for a weekend of the best dj's, biggest party and best time. the beach ain't that bad either and niether is the view. so given that you have about 50 weeks till next year's trip in miami, all you have to do is save $14 a week, or $2 a day. that's what you pay for your morning latte'. so i don't wannna hear that "i'm a student, i can't make it" or "i'm broke" that's some bullshit. (i'm busting kuro's balls of course). it's well worth the trip. . .

to top off the whole weekend, my terps are back in the final four. so pgiddy, i think that's two red bulls that you'll be buying for me the next time we see each other . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pgiddy

Glad you ahd a good time, but sobe is always a god time...

Wait a minute your back to drinking? So do you want some vodka with those red bulls?

:idea: Double or nothing with Kansas.....

dude, if you saw the crackheads i was with, you either had to be drunk or a zombie . . .

when i get the pics your jaw will drop . . .

i'll take that bet, double or nothing . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sounds like my type of crowd, oh well maybe next year, but from what I hear it's been getting worse and worse every year......

let me give you a recap of what you missed in DC.......fuck it you didn't miss a THING, well except for Guy causing some drama at a club with one of his "girls" hahahah it was funny, you Marylanders never cease to amaze me....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pgiddy

sounds like my type of crowd, oh well maybe next year, but from what I hear it's been getting worse and worse every year......

let me give you a recap of what you missed in DC.......fuck it you didn't miss a THING, well except for Guy causing some drama at a club with one of his "girls" hahahah it was funny, you Marylanders never cease to amaze me....

let me guess, he was drunk and talkin all kinds of shit right . . .

yup, must be one of my boys . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by eggmok

so i don't wannna hear that "i'm a student, i can't make it" or "i'm broke" that's some bullshit. (i'm busting kuro's balls of course

I should have clarified. I'm a broke, unemployed student who hasn't broken the habit of spending hundreds of dollars on records every couple of weeks in the months since he became unemployed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK here are my spending totals:

Clubs: $45 (4 nights-2 freebeies, $30 for Space and $15 for Liquid)

Hotel: $106 ($320 spli 3 ways)

Airfare: $200

of course these are the things that the average joe schmoe is interested since they take up the biggets chunk of your change.

I did some shopping (but not as hardcore as some of my crew) just 3 t-shirts & 2 cd's. Food, ate out 3 times, ate cereal and protein shakes in my room the rest of the times, besides, who the hell is worried about being hungry while your recovering from a :roll::smoke: or icon19.gif?

"Festevities", 1 freebie, 1 :roll: $20

Drinks: 2 open bars, and maybe $60 total (drinks in Space are mad expensive)

Ok, I lost track of this addition, you all do it, but you get my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eggmok...that was a phat description of PVD... I love his shit..and to hear that in your opinion he had the best set at Space gets me pumped to go next year! I was down there this past summer, but only saw D: Fuse.

I'm already savin' my $2 a day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW I have done enough partying for the rest of the year i think! Glad to hang with eggmok and saw Vic at Liquid...the music was insane there!! I just got into to town this morning, I am definitely ready for next year. Look for pics and a rundown on the website....PVD the best night i think! Loved the day time parties.. i got like 3 hours a sleep a day and was up at the conference for panels or for the industry parties during the day....I need sleep!

=)

CD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by chynado11

WOW I have done enough partying for the rest of the year i think! Glad to hang with eggmok and saw Vic at Liquid...the music was insane there!! I just got into to town this morning, I am definitely ready for next year. Look for pics and a rundown on the website....PVD the best night i think! Loved the day time parties.. i got like 3 hours a sleep a day and was up at the conference for panels or for the industry parties during the day....I need sleep!

=)

CD

yeah, it was like kinda random seeing you there. didnt think you were into techno that much, but christian smith...he was on when you were there, was tearing up the place, i just couldnt stop moving..and i didnt stop the rest of the night...well almost...yeah I was in a very *happy* mood that day, I think I had to much Kellogs Cereal the night before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by vicman

yeah, it was like kinda random seeing you there. didnt think you were into techno that much, but christian smith...he was on when you were there, was tearing up the place, i just couldnt stop moving..and i didnt stop the rest of the night...well almost...yeah I was in a very *happy* mood that day, I think I had to much Kellogs Cereal the night before.

Yes I am into techno haha...didnt you see my new follower Richie Hawtin thread and Misstress Barbara....:D Need I say more, I had a GREAT TIME!! i took some pics of the nite..but yes Christian is def a great dj and a hot one at that hahaa...i left and went to Billboard for Armin and Ferry and then tried my best to gallop to DT!!!!!!! SICCCK NITE!

Lots of Cpers from all over and the NYC peeps def represented!!

CD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by chynado11

Yes I am into techno haha...didnt you see my new follower Richie Hawtin thread and Misstress Barbara....:D Need I say more, I had a GREAT TIME!! i took some pics of the nite..but yes Christian is def a great dj and a hot one at that hahaa...i left and went to Billboard for Armin and Ferry and then tried my best to gallop to DT!!!!!!! SICCCK NITE!

Lots of Cpers from all over and the NYC peeps def represented!!

CD

oh yeah, that right...ha, ha..brain fart...mmmm..yeah, to many parties not enough nights, you missed Marco Carola, dammit between him and Christian Smith I was torn to shreds.

Definitley th ebest techno I've heard in quite some time, I can still here it right now.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×