Clubplanet Nightlife Community

We are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WMC!!!!!!!!!!!!

vicman

OMG, OMG, OMG.....

you guys defintly gotta get ur asses to WMC next year. It was fucking insane..even the bad sets were surreal.

I am officially a DJ whore. Got pics with Sasha, Satoshi, Hyper, Fortier, Ali, Saeed, Palash, got pics of Digweed...I shit in my pants.

And who ever says that WMC is expensive is a simple idiot. We got into 2 shows FREE, and got OPEN BAR, we only paid $30 on Sat for Space and $15 on Mon for Tronic Treatment....I am in serious lack of sleep...I guess that in the upcoming days I'll post up my reviews of the party's I went to and the pics I took as soon as I get them back.

I suppose that malanee, a1wave, joey (BIG, BIG, BIG thanks to joey <--- he definitly rocks), nautilus will post their pics and reviews....now I gotta get back to clenaing up my e-mail of all the junk I got.....I am moving my ass out of DC... I realized I am a warm bodied animal, I CRAVE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Originally posted by Kuro

Arrrgh :mad: Fuck you guys.

you have to go nexty year. for WMC...all dress codes are thrown out the window, and like I said, it wasnt expensive as one would think. Get to the club early and you avoid the lines and might even get an open bar.

I also got a pic of malanee with Christian Smith and Rino Cerrone. Cerrone really, really impressed me. He's now my favorite techno producer and dj.

Originally posted by vicman

also forgot to mention that Tronic Treatment kicked my ass on Monday. Rino Cerrone was unbelievable. Christian Smith tore it up, so did Funk D'Void and Mistress Barbara.

i'm still hurtin' :blown:

AAAARRRGHHHH :mad: :mad: :mad: FUCK YOU GUYS!

Originally posted by Kuro

AAAARRRGHHHH :mad: :mad: :mad: FUCK YOU GUYS!

It was just a damn shame that I couldnt catch any breaks at WMC. We had to choose between Billboardlive for Tribal Gathering and the Opium Garden where the breaks were gunna be. BUt we made the right choiuce, since it rained on Friday night and Opium Graden had an outdoor area.

But at Tribal Gathering, I realized Seaman, Lalwler, and Parks & Wilson are animals, best tribal I;ve ever heard. Again just a damn shame, Lalwler was at the same time as Wilson. \

I skipped on Warren when he was on at the same time as Seaman. I olny cought part of Warren when I had to hit the bathroom.

My personal highlights: Friday- Lawler kicked ass. Sunday- had a blast- met Sasha & Satoshi. Monday- Way Out West tore up the decks. I missed out on Superchumbo but still had a great time. It was too much fun hangin' w/ some new faces.

Malanee, A1wave, Nautilus, Chynado11 great to finally meet all you guys. We'll have to party again some time.

Vicman = clubbing machine......next time you're in Miami or I'm in DC we're doing dinner before we party like rockstars!

Okay - I am totally fried!!!! :tongue:

WMC 2002 was the best experience EVER!!! No lines, reasonable cover, incredible music, warm weather, scantily clad hotties - Mmmmmm!

Here are my reviews:

Friday Day: Straight from the plane to Nikki Beach. They had an awesome line up and all FREE!!! I saw Jonathon Peters and DJ Dan and someone else as well, but I can't remember who!

Friday Night: Billboard live with so many DJs I couldn't even keep track! Lawler played a really good set. I didn't especially like Seaman - too slow, not particularly dark, boring track selection IMO. Quivver and Parks and Wilson were good. Overall, no one blew me away and it was a pretty low key night. Good thing - because I didn't slow down after that!

Saturday: We tried to get in to see Tom Stephan at B.E.D. - but needed to be on the email RSVP. GRRRR! We ended up at Space to see Saeed and Palash and Deep Dish. Space pissed me off as usual. They made Saeed and Palash spin in the Red Room - but wouldn't open the dance floor so we were all smooshed in this tiny hallway space! S&P were awesome, as always, and Deep Dish played the best set I've ever heard out of them. But I still don't like them. They put me to sleep! The music was too loud and the water was $8 - but I had a fabu time anyway! Best of all we hooked up with D:fuse, his wife and a friend and chilled w/ them after at their suite and watched the sun come up over the ocean on South Beach! Woo Hoo!

Sunday: We got in on the list for D:Fuse's industry pool party at the Albion Hotel. We heard the band Rinocerose (sp?) - v. cool, funky house type music on live instruments! After D:Fuse's set, the crew got in free and VIP to Spin to hear Hernan Cantaneo, Oakie, and D:Fuse again. What an incredible night! Even you Oakie haters would have enjoyed it! He built up for D:Fuse perfectly and then Dustin blew the roof off the house! Best D:Fuse EVER! Hard, nasty, lots of new tracks - AMAZING!!!!

Monday: Tronic Techno party was yet another amazing show at Liquid. Christian Smith blew me away. I loved seeing DJ Colette sing live to her records (h0t) and of course Mistress Barbara and Cerrone were incredible! I also got to meet 2 of the Liquid owners. They were sooooo shady! But they were handing out party favors like pennies! Needless to say - I'm still in recovery! Then a bunch of us went to hand on the beach and watch the sun come up. I can't even tell you how beautiful it was!

So overall it was an awesome trip! Our hotel was beautiful and ended up being cheaper than we expected. So even though our third ditched - we weren't too poor! We found some good, cheap eats and got into some free parties - so overall it was def. affordable!

Oh, and you guys will love this! I got asked to DJ twice! Too bad I still suck so much! *lol* Maybe next year?????

:laugh:

Originally posted by malanee

Saturday: We ended up at Space to see Saeed and Palash and Deep Dish. Deep Dish played the best set I've ever heard out of them. But I still don't like them. They put me to sleep!

It should have been called Deep Dish: The Ambient Coma Sessions! I'm sorry, but by 6am after being on decks for 5 hours I think the warm-up is over, and it's time to start banging the decks hard. What a snoozer! :zzz:

Originally posted by joeygk

It should have been called Deep Dish: The Ambient Coma Sessions! I'm sorry, but by 6am after being on decks for 5 hours I think the warm-up is over, and it's time to start banging the decks hard. What a snoozer! :zzz:

werd. i would prefer that on thoose marathon sessions they would start off strong, then slow down and then pick it up and so on throughout the night. a 3-4 hour build up is a waste time.

Although we were lucky that the DJ's outdoors were very good.

Funny tying that almost everyday we were there we saw Saeed. Friday at Nicki's Beach, Sat @ Space, Sun @ Lola and you mentioned that you saw him on the beach on Monday.

Originally posted by vicman

Funny tying that almost everyday we were there we saw Saeed. Friday at Nicki's Beach, Sat @ Space, Sun @ Lola and you mentioned that you saw him on the beach on Monday.

Yeah - Saeed was trying to stalk me, I think. :laugh:

JoeyK - I totally forgot to thank you for hooking us up! You're the best! And such a hottie! :eek:

The worst thing about Winter Music Conference..........having to compete w/ all the other DJ Whores! Usually I'm top whore in Miami. We had Malanee gettin' Big Snoggs from all the top headliners, free CDs, t-shirts, hotel party invites and VIP treatment. Then we had Victor w/ his DJ-radar posing for pictures w/ the entire Global Underground cast. How am I supposed to compete w/ that? ;):D:tongue:

The worst thing about Winter Music Conference..........having to compete w/ all the other DJ Whores! Usually I'm top whore in Miami. We had Malanee gettin' Big Snoggs from all the top headliners, free CDs, t-shirts, hotel party invites and VIP treatment. Then we had Victor w/ his DJ-radar posing for pictures w/ the entire Global Underground cast. How am I supposed to compete w/ that? ;):D:tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah - I'm a DJ whore and proud of it! *lol*

It was def. stiff competition in that department! I think Vic takes the cake since he has a picture of almost every well known DJ in the world now! Slut!

We need to get some "DJ Whore" t-shirts made!

Originally posted by malanee

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah - I'm a DJ whore and proud of it! *lol*

It was def. stiff competition in that department! I think Vic takes the cake since he has a picture of almost every well known DJ in the world now! Slut!

We need to get some "DJ Whore" t-shirts made!

bwhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

thats a great idea...i think that we are all dj whores here, but if you say so I'll be the top slut of them all...gawdam, if I wouldve known I wouldve taken a camera in with me to Billboard live and gotten pics of Papa, Seaman and Lawler, since you coul d parctically be right next to them while they were spinning.

My personal highlights: Friday- Lawler kicked ass. Sunday- had a blast- met Sasha & Satoshi. Monday- Way Out West tore up the decks. I missed out on Superchumbo but still had a great time. It was too much fun hangin' w/ some new faces.

Malanee, A1wave, Nautilus, Chynado11 great to finally meet all you guys. We'll have to party again some time.

Vicman = clubbing machine......next time you're in Miami or I'm in DC we're doing dinner before we party like rockstars!

joey! great to meet ya! had lots of fun! will have to do it another time... please let me know if you head up here to boston!!

Hello -

Too bad I didn't know any of you when I went down to Miami :( I had a blast. It was my first time down for the WMC and I will most definitely try to make it again next year.

On Saturday night after spending all day at Ultra I went to see Sasha & Diggers at Miami Arena. I'm really looking forward to seeing them at Buzz next month. They were amazing but the crowd was WEAK! They may have just all been tried from being in the sun all day at Ultra!

Sunday night I checked out Paul Van Dyk at Space. Can I just say that I love this man? LOL He spun some dark crazy stuff! It was unreal. I thought my heart was going to leap out of my chest I was so excited. The energy & the vibe in the club was like nothing I have ever experienced. I know eggmok was there but did any of you catch this historic set?

*gina*

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Hello -

Sunday night I checked out Paul Van Dyk at Space. Can I just say that I love this man? LOL He spun some dark crazy stuff! It was unreal. I thought my heart was going to leap out of my chest I was so excited. The energy & the vibe in the club was like nothing I have ever experienced. I know eggmok was there but did any of you catch this historic set?

*gina*

Sunday I went to Lola to catch Satoshi and Lexicon Ave. The music was amazing as you can guess. Satoshi keeps on impressing me on how down to earth he is. He showed up in shorts and was happy to take pics with you if you asked him. DJ whores that we are, we did that plus also got to see Sasha, Digweed, Van M., Saeed, Palash, & Ali in the crowd.

Love Lola, bar atmosphere but with the dj booth. Satoshi just played some amazing shit all night.