Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The End Of Pretentious Dress Codes ?

sobeton

something I noticed during the conference. was the relaxing of pretentious, and obsolete miami dress codes.hopefully this is a trend that will continue. although many will argue that you must dress; the part. I have always been curious; as to what part your dressing for. I go to a club to listen to a dj, and dance my arse off. I would much rather do it ,dressed comfortably. during conference I didn’t notice, any ripped jeans; or people wearing concert t-shirts from three years ago. what I observed were people dressed casually, and tastefully. if a t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. are good enough for the dj’s, being paid top $$$ by clubs. then it should be good enough, for their fans. just my two pennies..

I agree whole heartedly. It's the same here in LA. You should be able to go out and be comfortable, clothing, shoes, etc. Just because you're dressed that way doens't mean you're not gonna spend money. The club owners wanna make their establishments seem exclusive or have hot people dressed impeccably, but that's bullshit. People should be able to get in anywhere wearing sneaks and comfy clothes. I hate it when owners pull that shit in clubs I promote for...most of my peeps could give two shits about how someone is dressed...it's what's inside the person, not what's draped around. So, you hit the nail on the head. Peace.

True that. I totally agree with you. However, I also think that its nice to see people dressed up for these things. It gives the enviroment a certain class. Im usually the guy that wears the dress shirts and the nice slacks and dress shoes to these things (i guess i have a complex problem : P). Its very sad that the foundation of sobe's mentality is one of superficiality, but that is the way it is. I personally feel good going out "dressed up". I feel more attractive to myself and other people. By doing this i think i also boost the clubs appearence in general. But i think where the argument here is is not that we should or should not dress like this, but rather that we Can dress like this if we want to. I think you should be able to go in a Label T-shirt and jeans if you want to.

-fat0ny

true

true

true ....

attention all club owners and promoters on here..

dump the dress code..i know your thinking some may not be able to handle that

but are we going to a club or grandma's house??

besides lately the fashion has been comfy funky shoes, denim , t shirts , caps and hats

come on leave it up to the individual to choose to dress up or not.

thats why i hate places like Opium...you have to dress up and "audition" for the fashion police doorman with a fake phony french accent.

come on !! big clubs all over the world dont have dress codes.:cool:

I would love to have a choice in if i wanted to dress up or dress to be comfortable......as ridiculous as it sounds..ive talked to 3 major club owners in miami and they all say that the reason they have a dress code is to weed out the "undesirables" and "troublemakers"

I suppose the way you solve this problem is by having a Knowledgeable staff. If you show up a few times to a club. As you make your importance there known, your allowed to have the freedom to dress as you please. These are the "execptions to the rule". The so called "regulars". As people begin to know you in the club and what you bring to their club they accept that you are an asset to the establishment. and are not some peice of shit off the street that has no respect for the club.

haha. i dunno.. theres some pritty cool door people at the places i go to. the guy at liquid on saturdays is a badass. Dark hair, glasses. hes really cool. never gives me or my people any shit. there is however this one bald short guy on the days ive been going recently that gave me some shit at the door.. but after i had one of the owners come out and let me in.. he hasent really botherd me much.. there was this guy at lola the other night that was really nice.... and of course.. my favorate people.. are the ones at rain.. that whole staff.. is just lovely.. they are all really really good people.. really nice.. really cool.. i love that place.

I think the codes should be significantly relaxed, but not done away with altogether...for example if someone shows up decked out in his Adidas headband, Knicks jersey, and Rocawear pants, they should be denied entry hehe :)

it's true that the dress code should be more relaxed at the clubs. Rain is an example of it, they have a relaxed dress code and I haven't seen any undesirables or troublemakers there. I mean , do you think an undesirable can have such good taste of music (DHM kinda music that is) hehehehehehe. I just love to go on my comfy jeans and tshirt. :)