Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fuck

aeroplano

i had a long ass review of my conference and hit a button by mistake that erased everything... so now without the details...

best sets...

yousef @ radio1 (nikki's)

sander kleinenberg @ tribal gathering (B.E.D.)

lazy dog @ naked (nikki's)

almost as good as the best sets...

tom middleton @ independence (opium)

gavin hardkiss @ sanfrancisco by definition (albion)

norman stradley @ sanfrancisco by definition

tom stephan @ tribal gathering

jason bentley @ a family affair (rain)

good sets...

16b @ independence

nick warren @ independence

red jerry @ independence

whoever opened the breaks room @ independence

kruder and dorfmeister @ a family affair

lexicon avenue @ saw recordings (lola)

miguel migs @ naked

danny tenaglia @ space

best daytime party...

san francisco by definition @ the albion hotel

best nighttime party...

tribal gathering @ B.E.D.

best vibe...

a tie between the two parties mentioned above

disappointing sets...

satoshi tomiie @ saw recordings

worst daytime party...

i liked all of the daytime events, but there was something about the radio1 at nikki's that didn't convince me to the 100%

worst nighttime party...

hands down saw recordings at lola

i would like to kill myself because...

i was dumb enough not to listen to all of my friends that were going to the matter/form party sunday night and insisted that the saw recordings would be better. i was sure that satoshi tomiie would play the set of the conference just like he had done before @ the saw recordings in pacha last summer. WRONG! he ruined the night with a bang bang banging set while everyone else was grooving to terry francis, mr.c, and layo and bushwacka! i'm NEVER missing these people again.

worst vibe...

saw recordings @ lola... wait, not the worst vibe, just no vibe at all...

most fucked up thing that happened...

being packed like a sardines for more than one hour in the red room at space before they decided to open the blue room and patio. also having to pay $7 for a bottle of water (once again, space proved to be very disappointing)

i have to say that spending four days with a lot of you was amazing. i got to know many of you i didn't quite know before. monica... thanks for making me crack up all the time. you just had to show up without you having said anything, i would already be laughing.

quote of the conference, without mentioning the author... "...bro, i'm rolling balls..." it would appear to be a typical quote, but not when your talking to your mother on your mobile.

by the way stacey, we'll have to coordinate in the near future to wear our infamous pairs of pants.

barbie, chris, leo... next year this will have to happen again.

ciao everyone!

marcos.

Hate to say it Marcos but I loved the "bang bang banging" sound Satoshi threw down (I was craving a hard set after lounging all day to grooving house sounds). It was hard & dark- I hope his nubreed album turns out like that set. Thought it was F'ing insane to see Sasha and Digweed rocking out full force........you don't see that everyday! :D

My 3 fav. sets

1. Layo and Bushwacka

2. Tom Stephan

3. Jason Bentley

Other ones I liked: Mr. C, Terry Francis, Miguel Migs, Deep Dish (at spin), Lawler (at Billboard).

Most surprising set: Quivver at billboard (I always thought he spun trance. His set was amazing).

My favorite party was the Matter and Form party (sorry Marcos) and the runner up was the Tribal Gathering's Party (the vibe in there was STELLAR).

Like marcos said, it was an AMAZING time. Getting to spend the past 5 days with all of you was INCREDIBLE. We had SO MUCH FUN!!! I'm working on a collage of photos that I will post soon. I had 81 all together but, obviously, I can't post them all so I got a few from each day. I know you guys will enjoy them. :)

I can't wait for WMC 2003!!!

Originally posted by aeroplano

well, apparently i'm the only person in this world who didn't like the satoshi tomiie set. maybe i left the venue too early. i don't know... all i know is he can do WAY better than what i heard. just my opinion.

You can't help what you like and what you don't. So Satoshi didn't move you, no big deal. I felt the same way during Deep Dish's set. The entire crowd was going fawkin' insane, and I was bored out of my mind! I was very dissappointed, at 6am I felt like I was attending the "ambient coma sessions." The set was a total snoozer...........:zzz:

TOP 3 EVE SETS

1. layo & bushwacka, mr. c, terry francis @ goddess

2. diggers @ lola

3. tom stephan @ b.e.d

TOP 3 DAY SETS

1. miguel migs @ nikki’s

2. jassanova @ rain

3. jason bentley @ rain

BEST EARLY EVE SET

danny howells & rhythm masters ? @ gaint

a bit disappointed w/

k & d @ rain. started off well but got too weird for me

dt set was good but lacked vibe, among other things...

best dressed (tie): marco's pants, cause they had a party of their own and gerrard wear'n monica's shirt @ dd...sexy!

best dance duo: monica & frank...speechless

barb: BROOKLYN

most ghetto sh*t: shower'ng w/ the bath mat and our hotel room

absolutely fun chill'n w/ uncle pooh & co

Originally posted by aeroplano

quote of the conference, without mentioning the author... "...bro, i'm rolling balls..." it would appear to be a typical quote, but not when your talking to your mother on your mobile.

:laugh: :laugh: And who might that be...... :rolleyes::eek:

My 2 cents:

Best sets:

1. Christain Smith & Rino Cerrone @ Tronic Treatment (tie)

2. Dave Seaman @ Billboard Live on Friday

3. Steve Lawler same event

4. Satoshi @ Lola

Biggest dissapointments:

1. Space

2. Changes in the schedule at Space on Saturday. They decided to take Alex Whalen out of the line up when the guy was already there.

3. Deep Dish @ Space. Whe it started to get good I was ground hamburger meat.

4. Tom Stephan @ BED on Sat......well not his set, but because we couldnt get in. I never saw any schedule that said it was invite only.

Originally posted by vicman

4. Tom Stephan @ BED on Sat......well not his set, but because we couldnt get in. I never saw any schedule that said it was invite only.

Don't get me started on this one. I'm really dissappointed that I didn't get to see Tom spin. I'm also very dissappointed that no one on the board bothered to inform me it was invite only, b/c apparently everyone else knew (because they all got in). This is why people post on Clubplanet----------->to get the inside scoop. I mean how many damn posts have I had on this board rambling on about "superchumbo?" Where's the love? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by joeygk

Don't get me started on this one. I'm really dissappointed that I didn't get to see Tom spin. I'm also very dissappointed that no one on the board bothered to inform me it was invite only, b/c apparently everyone else knew (because they all got in). I mean how many damn posts have I had on this board rambling on about "superchumbo?" Where's the love? :rolleyes:

yeah, one would have thought that the people at the door could have let you in after you showed them your Superchumbo voodoo-doll :D

Or maybe the fact that I was standing there in a "leadhead" t-shirt w/ a sharpie hoping Tom would autograph my copy of the Soundworx Sessions 2.

Tom's spinning tonight in Toronto w/ Danny Howells----I'm tempted to fly up to Canada. :idea:

Originally posted by joeygk

Or maybe the fact that I was standing there in a "leadhead" t-shirt w/ a sharpie hoping Tom would autograph my copy of the Soundworx Sessions 2.

Tom's spinning tonight in Toronto w/ Danny Howells----I'm tempted to fly up to Canada. :idea:

ok...now that woudl be totally freaky, i thik that would be stalking

I never saw anything about the Tribal Gatherings party being invite only. We had no invite. Only badges and an emailed guestlist that anyone could have gotten. I don't know what happened, Joey. :(

Stacey: BROOKLYN!!!

Marcos: tell the light blue joggers I say "Hi" I miss them. :tongue:

Originally posted by bbflux

I never saw anything about the Tribal Gatherings party being invite only. We had no invite. Only badges and an emailed guestlist that anyone could have gotten. I don't know what happened, Joey. :(

I'm just being pissy b/c I missed the best party of Conference.........can we please never speak of it again. :( It sucks even more b/c everyone was there. :( :(

Best Sets:

Layo & Bushwacka!

Tom Middleton

Blackwatch

Jason Bentley

Thin Men

Jazzanova

Freak Nasty

Mr. C & Terry Francis

Omid '16B'

Best Party:

The End Sound System @ Goddess

Airtight @ Jazid

Worst Party:

Rest, Relax & Recover BBQ. What the hell was that anyways? I was expecting to see Red Jerry and Tom Middleton? The BBQ sucked, the Hotel sucked and everything in between sucked except the great company! :)

Best T-Shrit:

Uncle Pooh

Best Party Favor:

Bonniee's funkalicious J's!

Best Drink:

The one Amber made with all that shit in it

Worst Drink:

The one Amber made with all that shit in it

Most Sober:

Marick

Best Dressed:

Marcos, PIMPING! is all I could say

Best Moment:

Not remembering a damn thing on Monday

CP'ers held hostage:

Vaughan, Pod & Joey, where the hell where they?

Winner of the "Most Laid Back DJ" Award:

Steve Gerrard

Funniest Duo:

Thin Men, those guys are wacky!

Winner of the "Messiest Room" Award:

Stace's Bomb Shelter! :hat:

I would like to add that you guys are the reason why I had such a great time these past few days. It was an incredible time just like many that we've had and this is yet another chapter in the book being written.....

Thank You to EVERYONE who made this such a memorable time

Till the next time

Danny

If you guys are referring to the tribal sessions party @ b.e.d. on saturday night, that's kinda strange.

we had no problem whatsoever getting in and we weren't on a guestlist or anything. In fact, it was the only party we hit that we didn't have to pay a cover. I was pretty surprised at the time. Indeed, in the top 3 of the conference. :) Tom rocked the place. Sander did too, but the place was pretty empty toward the end of his set.

Originally posted by gjg21

If you guys are referring to the tribal sessions party @ b.e.d. on saturday night, that's kinda strange.

we had no problem whatsoever getting in and we weren't on a guestlist or anything. In fact, it was the only party we hit that we didn't have to pay a cover. I was pretty surprised at the time. Indeed, in the top 3 of the conference. :) Tom rocked the place. Sander did too, but the place was pretty empty toward the end of his set.

GOD HATES ME!

again about the tribal gatherings (sorry joey)... i had just assumed it was going to be hard to get into that party because bed was such a small space and because so many people were going to go. i got there early and had no problem at all. they asked about guestlist, i gave them my name, they said it wasn't there and said, oh fuck it, come in. some of my friends got there late and just offered some dough to whoever was at the door at the time and voila!