Clubplanet Nightlife Community

help me make my date go well!!!!!

what good 18+ venues are going on on either mondays or tuesdays? house and such, ya know the usual type of thing. i need not something real special, just somewhere that we can go. she's mad cool, and ya know the first date impressions are important. thanks alot!

PVD PVD PVD !

What's up? ;)

You should go to Liquids on 10th Street btw 1st Ave. & Avenue A... its a dark, cozy, classy (and free!) lounge with lots of couches, plus they always have awesome music (live house DJs). It doesn't get loud and/or crowded until later, so you can talk, drink and enjoy the music & the conversation at the same time.

Some other cool spots similar to that (althought I don't know if they're open Monday or Tuesday) are XVI, Ja Lounge, Plant, Karma, Leopard Lounge & Opium Den.

Good luck!

xoxo

Alexandra

• 2 weeks later...

in total agreement about liquids...

it was one of the first spots i found (in '96/'97?)

and whenever i go back it's like nothing's changed

except maybe some art on the walls...

even the pile of used candles at the far right

of the bar, with new ones on top melting away

and becoming part of the ever-growing mound of

wax is still there. something comforting about that...

Originally posted by Alexandra

What's up? ;)

You should go to Liquids on 10th Street btw 1st Ave. & Avenue A... its a dark, cozy, classy (and free!) lounge with lots of couches, plus they always have awesome music (live house DJs). It doesn't get loud and/or crowded until later, so you can talk, drink and enjoy the music & the conversation at the same time.

Some other cool spots similar to that (althought I don't know if they're open Monday or Tuesday) are XVI, Ja Lounge, Plant, Karma, Leopard Lounge & Opium Den.

Good luck!

xoxo

Alexandra