Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SPRING BREAK ANTHEM...Acapulco

braultj2

Well guys, i just got back from 95 degree sunny mexico, and my life may have been changed forever. For those of you who have never been, book your spring break next year ASAP! the clubs there are insane. Paladium is in the top five in the world, and they aren't lying. I will never look at factory or exit in the same way again. Enigma almost as good, and Andromadas treated my group like kings, giving us an insane VIP section as well as our own private stage. I can go into more detail about why they were so good, but i'll cut to the chase and go with the spring break anthems of 2002. I look forward to hearing everyone elses picks.

Dance With The Devil - The Zombie Nation of 2002

Originally posted by braultj2

Dance With The Devil - The Zombie Nation of 2002

anthems from Cancun 2002:

Richard F - Cookie Dough Dynamo

Iio - Rapture [Riva Mix]

X-Press - Smoke Machine

Robbie Rivera - Funk-A-Tron [Main Mix]

hrrrm....sounds pretty similar to a winter NYC tracklist.....I wasn't impressed by Cancun music too much. I have a good feeling that Acapulco was the same.

Nah man, Acapulco was insane, Blows NYC out of the water. I went with the biggest NYC Club freaks ever, none of us will ever look at a NYC club the same again. Rapture was played early in the night everywhere, but then again, you hear that in factory too, lots of new shit, i haven't heard before. Oh and this years thong song was Enrique Iglasias - Escape, but that aside, i'm telling you, acapulco was AMAZING!

Hey, I just got back from Acapulco myself. It was OK: the music was all pretty much old shit though. As for comparing it to other cities, etc., I've pretty much hit the majority of the major cities NOT on the West Coast or in Europe, and all I have to say is the BEST club i've seen (including NYC, Chicago, Acapulco, and SoBe) is LaBoom@Cancun. Granted, it probably IS only good during the Spring Break season, peak hour to peak hour, peak time to peak time, LaBoom takes the cake.

I also enjoyed Cancun MUCH more than Acapulco. Aside from the younger demographic (the only drawback i can think of) of Cancun, it completely makes Acapulco eat a fat one. There's nothing to do over the day time in Acapulco (Copacabana? snore), and the fact that cabs are the primary form of transportation ($$$$) makes it much less sociable than cancun & it's drunk busses. don't get me wrong, palladium & enigma (glass sides... awesome!), and andromedas were all the shit, but you CAN'T seriously compare them to LaBoom or Dady O's. And the music at La Boom is so much fresher and so much more hype. They had NO song in Acapulco that was I haven't already been jamming for about 6 months now. just my humble opinion, that's all.

it IS cheesy as all hell & it IS lame, but that's what makes it so great (& catchy) too. add on a performance by the legendary "Silver Man" and you'd find yourself jamming along to it with the best of them.

It's all about the environment; once you experience it, you WILL grow a new fondness for the tune. it lets you relive the 5am mayhem that is Acapulco's Palladium or Enigma (both sport this crazy mofo and that's his anthem. 6th gate is & has been his anthem/gimmick for 2 spring breaks in a row). if you actually do ever go to Acapulco, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

- hitman

Just got back from Acapulco myself and I have toi say that evn thought the clubs are amazing (Palladium is one of the most beautiful clubs I've seen) the music there is all old. They play old catchy music because not everyone there is from NYC and they just play stuff that people know or stuff they can hum. Basically they play stuff that gets people to dance, they don't try to play the latest muisic. Cancun music is definately better. JP and Skribbs at LaBoom take it home with the music, Acapulco can't even compete. In my oppinion the only thing that Acapulco has going for it is the beautiful clubs. Cancun is a lot more wild and fun (crazy contests on the beach, the pool at Oasis, booze cruise, mardi gras @ Pat O'Brian's beach parties @ senior frugs, drunk bus rides, etc.. just all around more craziness). Acapulco is pretty boring during the day. The pool at Copa sux and the bach as well. If you want a somewhat decent beach you gotta go to proncess beach 30 mins away from the hotel zone which means there really arent any sping breakers there. Don't get me wrong I had a great time in Acapulco but if I had to choose between Acapulco and Cancun, Cancun would win hands down. I wish they built Palladium in Cancun or NYC and got great DJ's to play there (JP, Tiesto, Van Dyke) I'd never leave a place like that.

Originally posted by fliz77

Am i the only one who thinks Dance with the devil is a horribly annoying and cheesy song? Its not as God awful as Zombie Nation was but man what CRAP! Just my opinion....

Fliz :blown:

No you're not, the song is doooo dooooo. They were jamming it in Europe last summer. Dooooooooo dooooooooooooo!