Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Homophobia on this board...

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who's bothered by this? I've only been on this board for a while, but it's starting to bother me already. Just a few qualms:

1. If you're going to insult someone, can't you think of something a little better than "You'ze a faggit!" or whatever else you're trying to say in your pidgen English. First off, it just makes you look really dumb, and second, that's not really a big insult unless your own machismo gets the best of you. I realize that most guys think with their dicks and not with their brains, and some guys' greatest fear is being mistaken for being gay, but I really don't think calling someone a fag over a message board is really going to fool anyone.

2. I'm already sick of hearing "I'd like Vinyl/Roxy/Exit but there's too many fags there". I guess it's just a counter to the "too many juiceheads at SF" argument, but face it: there's a large homosexual community in New York and they like to party too. It's not as if they're trying to grind on your ass or something.

3. I know that there are some queers on the board, and throwing that kind of shit around is tantamount to calling the black people on the board N*****s, Hispanic people s****s, etc etc. I hope I don't sound too PC here, because I'm really not, but there are some cool people around here that fall into every of those categories, and it's not like calling someone a moron because they make retarded comments as there's not a whole hell of a lot they can do about it.

Anyone else care to comment, agree, or call me a fag?

fags/gay whatever you wanna call it can party

they know how to have a great time

i personaaly would like to see a bigger turnout of gay people at vinyl(its really the only club i go to) cuz when they are more there i think dt really blows shit up..well thats not the only reason..i like to see a mixed crowd..its a much better representation of what the city is all about and it seems more like a real party where all are invited

for the peeps that are gay bashers don't bother with them..they're just ignorant folk that just can't accept people for who they are or what they want in life

. . . you bring up some very valid points Brickhouse. . it's kind of a testament to the ingraned homophobia of our society when so many males use terms like "fag" or "gay" , to label the negative . . . it's almost like they get frustrated and it's an automatic reaction . .

. . as an aside . .you think the messageboards are bad? . . try Gamespy . . I play Half Life online alot and I'll say this . . the 14 year olds got the gay bashing crew on this board beat by a mile . . . Every second fucking word out of their pubescent little mouths is fag . . . un-fucking-believable . . . Again, it goes to show how ingraned in the negative homosexuality is in America . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . you bring up some very valid points Brickhouse. . it's kind of a testament to the ingraned homophobia of our society when so many males use terms like "fag" or "gay" , to label the negative . . . it's almost like they get frustrated and it's an automatic reaction . .

. . as an aside . .you think the messageboards are bad? . . try Gamespy . . I play Half Life online alot and I'll say this . . the 14 year olds got the gay bashing crew on this board beat by a mile . . . Every second fucking word out of their pubescent little mouths is fag . . . un-fucking-believable . . . Again, it goes to show how ingraned in the negative homosexuality is in America . . .

Half life is played

Go buy Medal of Honor so I can whip yur ass

Originally posted by smokesum

Half life is played

Go buy Medal of Honor so I can whip yur ass

. . . Half Life is what mofo? . . . I don't think so . . . Haven't checked out Medal of Honor yet . . . gimmie time and I will, and trust me . . I'll whoop your ass when we finally meet in the arena . . . :laugh: . . . .

if people have a problem with Gay people, and go to Clubs and like LOVE "THE SCENE" THan they are by far the most supid bunch of fucking people to EVER Crawl out of IDAHO, Hunny WE MADE THE GARAGE SCENE< WE BUILT THE CLUB SCENE AND WE Were THe RAVE SCENE< SO BITCH BRING IT

Hahaha

ME

Originally posted by brickhouse

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who's bothered by this? I've only been on this board for a while, but it's starting to bother me already. Just a few qualms:

1. If you're going to insult someone, can't you think of something a little better than "You'ze a faggit!" or whatever else you're trying to say in your pidgen English. First off, it just makes you look really dumb, and second, that's not really a big insult unless your own machismo gets the best of you. I realize that most guys think with their dicks and not with their brains, and some guys' greatest fear is being mistaken for being gay, but I really don't think calling someone a fag over a message board is really going to fool anyone.

Man o man you JUST missed NorthNJGuy, you woulda loved him ;)

Originally posted by jaysea

if people have a problem with Gay people, and go to Clubs and like LOVE "THE SCENE" THan they are by far the most supid bunch of fucking people to EVER Crawl out of IDAHO, Hunny WE MADE THE GARAGE SCENE< WE BUILT THE CLUB SCENE AND WE Were THe RAVE SCENE< SO BITCH BRING IT

Hahaha

ME

preach on...preach on!!!!!!!

i commend brickhouse for bringing up this topic. i generally tend to ignore posts or comments that are derogitory towards any one group of people (such as homosexuals, asians etc.) as i gererally have no time for such inappropriate behaviour. however, i must say it really is not appropriate, and quite offensive. if everyone could just use a little bit of thinking to aviod making such comments that are considered offensive towards any one group of people i think it would make for a more friendly, respectiful, and drama-free board.

i generally try to avoid responding to those kinds of offensive posts because i assume that the person who posts them is LOOKING to start drama or to have his or her hatred made valid through the response of others...

on the other hand, sometimes silence is just as bad, because some people do not KNOW that they are offending others and might attempt to change their behavior if people start reacting negatively to what they say.

so, who knows. if something gets me riled up enough, i respond, but people who regularly attempt to be offensive just to be offensive deserve 0% of my attention.

Originally posted by wideskies

brickhouse, you'ze a faggit for bringing up this topic, but i forgive you because 1. it's about time someone brought up the topic and 2. you have a cute butt. buttbuttbutt.

Oh yeah baby...

You know you love my ass...

gay16.jpg

I think it's safe to say that homophobia is alive and well in our society. Unfortunately, it isn't something that's non-existant in club culture. It's a shame, but I can only hope that people in "the scene" change their views on this, because much of what clubbers of any kind value in their nightlife is built by "faggots".

Kudos to Brickhouse for bringing this up.

*gently caressing brickhouse's ego* :laugh:

Hahaha

ME

The Saint at Large Parties,Bassline,Traxx,Sound Factory,Better Days,Midtown 43,The Building.

Your so right we built the club scene.

Hahaha

ME

And that is why I love gay men!!!

And he's absoluetly right, anywhere you have a significant gay population, you have a lively, exciting and innovative nightlife. Everywhere else is Kansas. Or Exit.