Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sharing time

i was in north carolina this weekend, visiting a friend, and went to this club called envy at chapel hill. . .i had serious doubts about this party. . .it's north carolina afterall. . they were featuring charles feelgood as the headliner that night, which is like a "big" name to come through chapel hill i guess. . .anyways, despite my doubts about all of it. . .i was touched in a way that edm and the Scene hasn't done in a long while

it's a small venue, about 700 max. ... but it made for an intimate atmosphere. . .so i think that's why feelgood chose to throw down his signature balitimore booty house. . .you never get to hear him play those records at buzz. . .it was lovely. . .but what was really blessing were the people. . .i'll admit to my prejudice, smaller cities and places like north carolina . . .but at this place, the patrons and the people throwing the party definitely cared about this music, the party and keeping it alive in a place where edm's not so popula r ( ihope the party lasts) it was so refreshing after being so used to big name partys/clubs and int'l superstar djs coming through. . .anyways, this party was really a blessing, just thought i'd share.

even the bouncers were dancing :)

yeah, I agree, sometimes in smaller cities you get a better vibe. when I lived in Tampa I hit a couple of raves, and the people there were just amazing. Not alot of crackheads and the people definitly were there for the music..

Hey, glad you had fun! Its always great when you go to a party, not expect much, but are pleasantly surprised!

Saw S&D in Philly...great party, awful sound system.

Hey, are you gonna come upto NYC this weekend? Brian's first east coast appearance at Alphabet Lounge.

I found a bar in Louisville KY called the brewery and next to it is the Thunderdome, (cheesy name I know), and this place would hold around 2-2500 ppl. But the crazy thing was that nobody knew about it. When I first found the place it was back in 90 or 91 and and hard core techno was staring to take off in KY and tours were going on like crazy but the one I really remember was when I saw KMFDM, Lords of Acid and My life with the Thrill Kill Kult. It was one of the best shows I have ever seen in smaller venues. Plus the chick that sings for Lords, started out the show wearing a long white wedding dress and by the time it was over she was wearing a leather bikinini and six inch heals.

ok, i forgot somefink. . .we've got the same kind of parties rigth here in dc. . .the smaller ones. . .groups of people who really care trying to push a new sound or revive/more exposure for an old one. . .filler at the blue room on sundays i think is a good example. . .it's just too bad they don't think i'm old enough to support them

there's no way i can go to nyc this weekend, but give nietzche a smack on the ass for good luck from me :D