Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To Club Owners and My Fellow CP Peeps :

sobeton

Yeah it seems everyone bitches about global talent, whatever that is, and then when someone global comes in, everyone bashes him or her for some reason...or when DJ Tom Johnson finally comes to town, everyone complains because 'his set wasn't up to par' or what have you.

I've pretty much resigned myself to thinking that you just can't win, there's gonna be some disgruntled idiot out there spouting off about the scene.

Though it's good to see people finally recognizing our talented crop of locals, who are 'global' for the most part. In the past 6 months, we've seen Oscar get his #1 on the BB charts, Edgar signed to PvD's booking agency, Stryke releasing a well-produced and decent-selling album, and the clubs themselves making a global splash.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by djoscarg

I agree 100% digital.....

My mistake...

I was only thinking about the main room...

Actually one of the main reasons for the new patio rennovations was so they could bring guest DJS to the patio as well....That will be great....some guys (like Steve Lawler) can even play two sets....one in the main room then one outside on the patio when the sun comes up.....

:D

hell yeah Oscar :) ... Deep South!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by sobeton

Twilo (RIP) may not have had f-550’s parked outside. like you could find parking outside of twilo. but inside it had a heart and soul. which was the music and the people. Sure other factors drugs, sex, etc lingered on the outskirts.. as they do universally within the club community.

Miami is all about flash and beautiful people, there is nothing wrong with that especially the beautiful girls. However, Miami's vibe cannot hold a candle to the madness and mayhem that use to go on every weekend at the now closed legendary Twilo. Twilo was all about the music, you didnt go there to hook up unless you are gay (I'm not), you went to Twilo for the music, the vibe and the mayhem. Twilo's decor definately left a lot to be desired, but what it lacked in looks, it made up for with the sound system and the legendary after hours sets from Junior Vasquez and world famous talent like PVD, S&D, Carl Cox among others. Twilo was dark and often dingy, but it rocked like no other club that Miami will ever see past, present or future.

sorry about the past two posts, now getting back to the original subject...

i don't want to reiterate on many of the things that have been said, since many of you have hit the nail on the head. i would like to mention, though, that every single one of us contributes to how good or bad a vibe we have. my point being that we should not complain if we're not really doing anything to improve the scene (i am not intending to raise commotion, just saying what i believe).

Though it's good to see people finally recognizing our talented crop of locals, who are 'global' for the most part. In the past 6 months, we've seen Oscar get his #1 on the BB charts, Edgar signed to PvD's booking agency, Stryke releasing a well-produced and decent-selling album, and the clubs themselves making a global splash.

Whoa....talking about beating a dead whores...;)

that every single one of us contributes to how good or bad a vibe we have.

Exactly. Luckily for me I had a few people looking out for me when I first started partying. One of the first lessons, rules, whatever you want to call it that I was taught is that

You Are What You Make of It

And thats very true to this day. Its all up to you.

Originally posted by djoscarg

DJDEKAN,

Don't get me wrong.....my view is not a pro-Space view....it is more a pro-Miami view (thats why I mentioned all these other great clubs as well) Being born and raised here in Miami....noone has been more frustrated over the years about the local scene than me, but, with that said, since I have lived here my whole life I am able to recognize the huge advancements we have made.....beleive me! I agree with most of you guys....and I agree 100% that we have alot to learn....but I also think we need to recognize that there is some cool shit happening here right now and we should support it and take full advantage of it....it takes a very small percentage of cool people in a club to create a cool vibe (because the rest of the people just follow their lead) let's be that percentage....and watch our scene develop.....

As for Space....who knows....10 years for a club is highly unlikely!!!

let's just enjoy it while it lasts:)

so dam true,i dont care about ten years from now,im worried more about how this weekend is going to develop. :paint: its good to see shyt said the way oscar explains how it is....

hey,if it doesnt kill you'it'll only make you stronger.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by ssm2002

SUMMER MUSIC FEST 2002 presented by L.F.T. Productions

August 10th... Nansen Park, Staten Island.

15 djs in 3 arenas ......... 12 hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GEORGE ACOSTA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / ULTRA RECORDS

i could see acosta every week at level which is only a car ride away, but you know what?? i don't. 'cause he sucks. now, do you really think i'm going to prepay a ticket to go see this asshole in staten island (oh wait, i need a plain ticket, too)?! i still haven't done that to go see howells at vinyl so i'm sure it will be a very very very very very long time before i do it to see acosta spin. this post is about our scene, and acosta is the most shameful thing that ever happened to the miami.

sorry for being an asshole. it was a kind invitation, but no thanks.

Btw/ SSM2002. not only did you piss me off by using SSM (the ackronym "my crew" uses. But. Ive seen the same fucking post for george acosta 8 million fucking times already. No one is going to that shit! so take the info.. and shove it up yo ass. You may want to direct that information to 93.1 im sure theyd be interested.

Oh.. and one more thing. Shut the fuck up about WMC. You dont know what WMC is.. what you mean to say is ULTRA.. which gives WMC a bad name.

LFT PRODUCTIONS BRINGS YOU

SUMMER MUSIC FEST 2002 . AUGUST 10TH . STATEN ISLAND . NANSEN PARK

OUTDOOR EVENT FEATURING .... 3 MUSIC ARENAS + 12 HOURS + 15 DJ'S

GEORGE ACOSTA / ULTRA RECORDS

SHAWN INK / KARTOONLAND

SERGE DEVANT / HYPNOTIZED, MINISRTY OF SOUND

AND MUCH MUCH MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL INCLUSIVE TICKET FOR FOOD, BEER, BOTTLED WATER..... THATS RIGHT

ALL INCLUSIVE .....UNLIMITED !!!!!

TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED PRIOR TO EVENT DATE

www.***************2002.com

or email us - ***************@lftproductions.com

Originally posted by fat0ny

Btw/ SSM2002. not only did you piss me off by using SSM (the ackronym "my crew" uses. But. Ive seen the same fucking post for george acosta 8 million fucking times already. No one is going to that shit! so take the info.. and shove it up yo ass. You may want to direct that information to 93.1 im sure theyd be interested.

Oh.. and one more thing. Shut the fuck up about WMC. You dont know what WMC is.. what you mean to say is ULTRA.. which gives WMC a bad name.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one! I love when people talk shit ONLINE on a MESSAGE BOARD. It makes you sound real intelligent! God forbid someone uses the same ackronym as YOUR crew, are you f'n kidding me.