Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need Everyone's Help

Originally posted by cody05

[ How about Teo Oh yea, one more, didn't you and I have a conversation about J.P. wanting to do something down the shore? That would go over huge...Make it Happen!!!

Teo is playing Memorial Day Sunday.

JP looks impossible it seems like Richard from SF doesnt want JPs name promoted in the same market. Still trying

Originally posted by thesandman

Sergio, any response to the idea of letting the headliner go on at 4 instead of 8????

I have people ask me this question all the time. I must have heard it 1000000 times last year. I dont mind answering it because people know what I am talking about when I give them the reason. Here we go.

Though most people think I am 21 (ahahaha) I have been going to the Surf for over 10 years now. At one point about 4 years ago the Sunday night at Temps was nothing really to talk about. The Surf Club would be the only place to go on Sunday and people would stay there til whenever and go home. A couple years ago Jersey Joel decided to make a serious push on Sunday nights at Temps and it worked. I have to lift my hat off to Joel and Denny for doing an excellent job getting that night started. Now, you know the owners of the Surf were not happy seeing all the customers leave to go to another club. So that is where I stepped in I figured if we put our headliner on at 8 or 9 that people would stay later to listen to these DJs that no one sees or hears on the shore. It worked. Last year was the most successful summer ever at the Surf. People stayed later and later. Funny story, one day Richie Santana thought we closed at 1 and shut the music off for a packed dance floor. When was the last time anyone could say that place was busy at 1 AM. So now u know why we do this.

But in the same breath, I must say Kirk is far above the average resident DJ. He plays 5 hours of some of the hottest tracks out. I have never (never) heard someone say that the music sucks on Sundays at the Surf. So no matter what time you get there you get great music.

BTW, having such a successful Sunday late night program (after 9 PM) has allowed me to get real exclusive with my DJS. I have already confirmed dates with DJs like Grammy Award Winner, Hex Hector and I am being permitted to go after some of the big boys.

So watch out this summer at the Surf can be huge.

boywonder, my point was not about the music being bad at any hour.... Its always good let alone surf club is the easiest place to have a good time that I know of... But if you spend the money to bring in a name dj, why have him go on when everyone is making car pool plans to go to Temps....?