Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Unofficial Get Chris Lewis Back On The Main Floor @ Roxy

hey whats up peoples... i have just gotten done listening to chris's cd's... without a doubt i believe he should be opening on a regular basis.. def a style that i think would go ever well in roXy. Not only is chris good people he is a dj that knows the crowd.. often you see him roaming around talking to the people that come to the club to get a sense of what they want.. how many other dj's you ever see do that... Def. gets my vote on opening up for Johnny...

Originally posted by mugwump

Get Chris Lewise's mustach

back up behind them gawd dang decks

already before he floods my PMs with requests

to promote him...!

ROXY TAKE THE TRIBAL/TRANCE

LA RAVER MAN BACK ALREADY!

geeze~

Thank you*

M

U

G

Z

Gotta love the MUGZ. Thanks for the bump bro!. So when are we going to see your mug out one of these nights now that you are employed?

Originally posted by laraver

Gotta love the MUGZ. Thanks for the bump bro!. So when are we going to see your mug out one of these nights now that you are employed?

LOL*

just bustin your chops bro..

You know I have nothing but respect

for your skills!

I'll be out soon..

once my life takes on a

rythm and the paychecks start coming in

a steady basis..(Which should be soon)

Take care bro..

give me a call wheneva!

Later:)

Okay, Chris is on my roster and all, but even I didn't expect him to tear up the Roxy main floor like he did the last time I heard him spin. His style definitely is not appropriate for the Roxy lounge...he is a main floor DJ, so get him out there. I was not expecting to see the response that he got when he opened for Johnny...the crowd was flipping. Truly a defining moment for Chris. Check the video if you don't believe me (ask Chris for a copy!).

It's time for some new blood. Chris is not about the obvious tracks...he plays energetic tracks, but it's not mainstream goofy pop-trance. He plays some deep, solid, underground tracks. I think that some of Roxy's patrons could use some proper education (same goes for just about every other big club in NYC).

Come on, Roxy -- get Chris back on the decks!

--David Christopher

www.headrushmusic.com

Originally posted by dbilas

Okay, Chris is on my roster and all, but even I didn't expect him to tear up the Roxy main floor like he did the last time I heard him spin. His style definitely is not appropriate for the Roxy lounge...he is a main floor DJ, so get him out there. I was not expecting to see the response that he got when he opened for Johnny...the crowd was flipping. Truly a defining moment for Chris. Check the video if you don't believe me (ask Chris for a copy!).

It's time for some new blood. Chris is not about the obvious tracks...he plays energetic tracks, but it's not mainstream goofy pop-trance. He plays some deep, solid, underground tracks. I think that some of Roxy's patrons could use some proper education (same goes for just about every other big club in NYC).

Come on, Roxy -- get Chris back on the decks!

--David Christopher

www.headrushmusic.com

I have not jumped on this thread for awhile because, but I do have to take a moment and thank Dave for his kind words. I appreciate the fact that he has taken the time to recognize and understand what I am trying to do in my sets.

I want to also take a moment and thank everyone who came out in support of this thread and returning me to an opening spot @ the Roxxy Friday Party.

I am in the process of talking with both John and the promoters (Bob Goodrich and A-Luv) to confirm a date in the near future. I hope to be back in front of you guys in the next month or so. As soon as something is confirmed I will let you guys know here on this forum.

In the mean time everyone who has received a copy of my most recent mix CD, enjoy! Any one who does not have one and would like one, please pm me with your address and I wil glady mail you one free of charge!

Chris Lewis aka LA Raver.

i recieved my copy of chris' mix last week at the roxy (i been soooooooooo busy i hadnt had a chance to post this review) and i was very impressed. his track selection of banging trance is what new york has unforunately been missing. not one anthem was found on the disc by me, which shows his uniqueness. i recommend him for a spot if not at the roxy, then any other venue in nyc. he deserves it.

Originally posted by scoob-e

i recieved my copy of chris' mix last week at the roxy (i been soooooooooo busy i hadnt had a chance to post this review) and i was very impressed. his track selection of banging trance is what new york has unforunately been missing. not one anthem was found on the disc by me, which shows his uniqueness. i recommend him for a spot if not at the roxy, then any other venue in nyc. he deserves it.

Thank you much for the kind words! As always I try not to take the obvious path, but still deliver a mix that grabs hold and touches you in some way (hopefully one that makes you shake your ass on the dancefloor).

Still no word yet, but I am hopeful that it will be soon that you guys have a chance to hear me spin live, if not at Roxxy at another venue in NYC.

Chris Lewis aka LA RAVER