Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Car Show in Queens.....

Guest funkysoul

Show wasn't as bad as I expected. But it wasn't exactly worth $20... Good thing I didn't have to pay :) . Overall, there were some really nice hooked up rides. But there were also some near stock cars with like just a stereo system and an exhaust tip (not to mention a dirty engine bay). I spent more of my time checking out the models (esp. Francine Dee :eek: )

I don't know that much about cars, so I'm not a good judge of these kinds of events. Maybe I need to be educated about this kind of thing, but I thought the crowd seemed very ghetto. It was like a ghetto convention of all races. :D

Lines were wrapping around the block, but I guess that's because the blocks in Flushing are smaller, so it wasn't quite the magnitude of PVD at SF. I bought an advanced ticket, but was held up for 10 minutes by this guy who forgot to bring his payment confirmation.

There were enough cars to fill up two parking lots, and few more in the building where the model expo was going on. Seemed like cool stuff all around.

There was also a DJ battle that seemed to be in a single elimination format, but the ones I saw and heard in the brief time I was in that area didn't excite me that much. There were a good number of DJ's in the various areas, but was there no one who spun trance? :rolleyes:

I guess I found some musical refuge in the Flushing Mall atrium, until the CD that was playing finished and then repeated