Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Predictions of NYC's summer

How is this summer goin to be??

will there be a flood of tourists that'll ruin the scene?......

what will the clubs break out for the dancing and music hungry during the smoldering months of summer?......

will the DJs we want to hear grace our fair city?....or will there just be bidding wars between clubs jacking the prices and empty promises?

i wish for the best......but i'm not either an pesimist or an optimist......what does the CP nation think?

Originally posted by vbman15

How is this summer goin to be??

will there be a flood of tourists that'll ruin the scene?......

what will the clubs break out for the dancing and music hungry during the smoldering months of summer?......

will the DJs we want to hear grace our fair city?....or will there just be bidding wars between clubs jacking the prices and empty promises?

i wish for the best......but i'm not either an pesimist or an optimist......what does the CP nation think?

well roxy will have a phazon by then....hopefully that will lead to good guest dj's

vinyl's lineup for the past 2 months has been awesome. i cant wait to see whats in store for may

SF fridays is starting up again...hopefully that will put less strain (overcrowding wise) on other clubs in the city

will the dj's i want grace this fair city? Most likely not :(

after what happened with S&D...the bidding wars are probably gonna get worse

empty promises: nothing new

i wouldnt worry about the tourists...if anything they will help the vibe at most clubs

ps1?......what's taht?

very strange art museum turned summertime outdoor music venue complete with cool misting machines, steel hammocks sun-shielded by linen canopies, gravel and kiddie pools and bbq in one half, sand and dj's on an amazingly warm sound system and in the other half, and cheap ($2) beer in kegs courtesy of brooklyn lager brewing co. only $5 to get in. every saturday all summer long; from around 3pm till 9pm; admission covers entry to all art exhibits inside as well (and there's always really weird contemporary/modern/abstract shit in there - you just have to see it all to understand; it defies explanation).

www.ps1.org

Originally posted by thehacker

very strange art museum turned summertime outdoor music venue complete with cool misting machines, steel hammocks sun-shielded by linen canopies, gravel and kiddie pools and bbq in one half, sand and dj's on an amazingly warm sound system and in the other half, and cheap ($2) beer in kegs courtesy of brooklyn lager brewing co. only $5 to get in. every saturday all summer long; from around 3pm till 9pm; admission covers entry to all art exhibits inside as well (and there's always really weird contemporary/modern/abstract shit in there - you just have to see it all to understand; it defies explanation).

www.ps1.org

What do you work for them or something? You sound like a PS1 promoter.

kris - i hear ya. i'll be there, just like last year. where i met most of you all n e ways.

PS1 is seriously the most chill venue and reoccuring event in NYC. note the work "chill"...it is not a rowdy drunk fest, it is not a drug induced wack place...its full of somewhat artsy peeps chillin in the sun listening to some tunes and chatting. almost like an art and electonica tea party (just with beer instead of tea).

the buildings pretty cool and the crowds like everything from 40 year olds with their kids to a few raver kids bouncing around.

btw - they change the set up of the place every year. i actually drove past it the other day (since its right near my place) and of course the couryard is like a blank canvas. wonder if they will bring the fans back...?

Smmer in city??? No thanks Jet East like most of us, the clubs become sweat boxes filled with CLUELESS tourists, and DJ's rarley show.

C. P I. this year should be bangin' as usual especially since conscience point was recently sold. and Space will not be reutuning to life location

how's the music @ this ps1......it sound's like something i'd really enjoy......especially with the nice weather we're gonna have this summer.......i hope.....=P

hit me up with the details if u can......samename @ hotmail.....thanks

how's the music @ this ps1......it sound's like something i'd really enjoy......especially with the nice weather we're gonna have this summer.......i hope.....=P

hit me up with the details if u can......samename @ hotmail.....thanks

music varies depending on the guests.

usually some slightly off experimentalism just

tolerable enough for most folks to not be scared

and actually stay till closing to see where it goes :)

some dnb, some turntablism, some live drumming,

some live pa's and keyboard/sampler performances...

... modern urban beats.