Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's up w/ Avalon?

joeygk

The key to lunchtime drinking is to find one co-worker to be your partner in crime. That way you don't feel guilty or anything, and if you go down, they're goin with ya!!

Easily the WORST part about drinking on the job is when you come back to your desk with a buzz and the day just draaaaags. You feel yourself getting more and more tired and there's nothing you can do about it! Actually, now that I think about it, I'm glad I don't have that partner in crime here! :D

Tonight's gonna be a lot of fun... I've seen Deep Dish 3 or 4 times in the last year and they never disappoint... especially with their shortened Avalon/Axis sets. As A1wave put it, "They get right to the fucking point. No 5 hours of gradual buildups, just the good stuff!" (loosely quoted!)

Originally posted by kaydup

Hell Yeah I agree with you. And I can't wait either, I need some redemption from last Fri

Yeah, the S&D show left a bitter taste in my mouth, but Ali's set made everything ok again!

We're in for a night of some serious music... 16B, Deep Dish, then Steve Porter! That's hands-down better than any combo you'd find in NYC tonight!

By the way Drew... just got the confirmation e-mail, we're all set for Rise!! :cool::smoke::cool:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Yeah, the S&D show left a bitter taste in my mouth, but Ali's set made everything ok again!

We're in for a night of some serious music... 16B, Deep Dish, then Steve Porter! That's hands-down better than any combo you'd find in NYC tonight!

By the way Drew... just got the confirmation e-mail, we're all set for Rise!! :cool::smoke::cool:

Nice wooooo hoooooo:D :D

Yeah, now it's just a matter of seeing how long I'll last!

One more hour of work... I really don't know if I'm going to make it. Maybe I should pull the same shaddy move I pulled at this time last Friday...

Yeah I knew you bailed last Fri, because all of the sudden you were no longer posting. And I am sitting here saying, that fucker he bailed:laugh:

OMFG!!!!!

I just got the best news that I have heard in over 4 months, do you want to guess what it is???????

So Brian we are going to be blessed with JACKIEEE'S presence at Rise tonight???

Who Hoo someone is going to be closing Rise out tonight......

Originally posted by kaydup

Yeah I knew you bailed last Fri, because all of the sudden you were no longer posting. And I am sitting here saying, that fucker he bailed:laugh:

Yeah, I was going to write to tell you that I was going, but my window of opportunity was limited and I said to myself... "Ahh, fuck it. Drew will know I'm gone anyway!"

Why is it that the entire week flies by, then you get to friday and it feels like an ETERNITY before the day's over!?! Especially the last hour, which is draging on forever right now...

Originally posted by prplhz

OMFG!!!!!

I just got the best news that I have heard in over 4 months, do you want to guess what it is???????

So Brian we are going to be blessed with JACKIEEE'S presence at Rise tonight???

Who Hoo someone is going to be closing Rise out tonight......

Hmmmmm, tax season is just about 4 months... it's Friday, and you're blessed with good news... looks like someone's not working on Saturday!?!? :D :D

I told Jackie I was going to Rise and asked if she wanted to join. She was like, "ummm the only times I've gone there I've been... umm, well with all that drinking I don't know if I'd make it... I'd like to make it, but I know myself too well."

So I doubt Jackie will be coming, but we'll have to see how she feels @ the end of the night (that kind of goes for me too, but I'm looking like a YES!!)

I can just picture my boss asking me to work on Saturday just before I leave.... it'd be SO office space!

Hmmmmm, tax season is just about 4 months... it's Friday, and you're blessed with good news... looks like someone's not working on Saturday!?!? :D :D

I told Jackie I was going to Rise and asked if she wanted to join. She was like, "ummm the only times I've gone there I've been... umm, well with all that drinking I don't know if I'd make it... I'd like to make it, but I know myself too well."

So I doubt Jackie will be coming, but we'll have to see how she feels @ the end of the night (that kind of goes for me too, but I'm looking like a YES!!)

I can just picture my boss asking me to work on Saturday just before I leave.... it'd be SO office space!

Yo, if that happens just say hey what's that :letsgo:

DING, DING, DING!!!

I don't have to work tomorrow, someones going to be a fucking nut tonight!!!!

Hey if you guys want a ride to Rise tonight I have room for two-or if you want to squish little JACKIEE in there you probably will be able too.

DING, DING, DING!!!

Hey if you guys want a ride to Rise tonight I have room for two-or if you want to squish little JACKIEE in there you probably will be able too.

Thanks but I am going to have two friends with me I think. But, can I get the membership tonight:cool:

DING, DING, DING!!!

Yeah, the Avalon to Rise transfer might be a little dicey. Seeing as I'm 95% sure Jackie's not going to make it to Rise tonight, I'm gonna have to find her a ride home. Which means I'll probably grab her a cab, make sure she's all set, then jet on over to Rise.

Also, I'll have a couple of friends coming with me that may or may not be going to Rise. If they go, I'm sure we'll just jump in a cab or something... if not, maybe I'll hit ya up for a ride :) Thanks!

Oh, and I'm bringin' the one-hitter tonight most likely... ask me about it in Axis ;)

Yeah, the Avalon to Rise transfer might be a little dicey. Seeing as I'm 95% sure Jackie's not going to make it to Rise tonight, I'm gonna have to find her a ride home. Which means I'll probably grab her a cab, make sure she's all set, then jet on over to Rise.

Also, I'll have a couple of friends coming with me that may or may not be going to Rise. If they go, I'm sure we'll just jump in a cab or something... if not, maybe I'll hit ya up for a ride :) Thanks!

Oh, and I'm bringin' the one-hitter tonight most likely... ask me about it in Axis ;)

Oh sounds like an awesome idea, and I got some Hydro today too!!! So ask me about that in Axis...

That's the way all of our threads have been lately... lol We should start a thread just to have conference calls...;)

But those two guys have gone home and left me here to sit by myself....:(

i also liked the other one that turned intoi the official **padding** thread..it inspired me to put one up in the DC board

Yeah, well my friend Kaydup there had like three posts a month ago and now he has more then me....

It's because he is addicted now, before it was casual use, but then it hooked him, just like it does all of us.

Hey, I saw your pics from WMC, those were some nice pics you DJ Whore... lol Don't worry I don't pass judgement I am the same way:D

Yeah, well my friend Kaydup there had like three posts a month ago and now he has more then me....

It's because he is addicted now, before it was casual use, but then it hooked him, just like it does all of us.

Hey, I saw your pics from WMC, those were some nice pics you DJ Whore... lol Don't worry I don't pass judgement I am the same way:D

I pride myself on taking my dj whoring to new levels :D

Originally posted by joeygk

I've heard that 4 clubs have been merged into one huge mega-dance-venue? (avalon + axis) :confused:

I asked a1wave about this during conference, but was fawked up at the time and don't really remember what she said. (my bad)

hey joeyk! what up? i assume you understand now.. it's no mega club by any standards if you ask me... just more access although i've never been to modern or embassy...

Originally posted by vicman

i also liked the other one that turned intoi the official **padding** thread..it inspired me to put one up in the DC board

Keep padding alive and well * P-A-D *

The non-New York boards need to stick together... maybe we should for an alliance, Survivor-style!