Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Coming in from Houston Tx. wanted to know what's going on through the 18-25 in NYC.

Besides BOO. what other options would one have?

I want something a little more up scale with nice house music. I would like to see nice faces and dancing bodies. I don't want any rave bidness. I think we have boo 6 for that.

A good mature DnB night would be good too.

Cheap Drinks and a nice vibe is what im in search of...

is there a good residency i should hit up while in town?

Originally posted by brickhouse

I'd recommend trying to hit up Danny Tengalia at Vinyl on a Friday....the going doesn't get really good till about 5ish, so there's plenty of time to hit up someplace else beforehand

agreed.

mondays - baktun for tronic treatment (techno)

wed. - coal for big apple breaks (this is more of a lounge than a club...)

fridays - vinyl for dt, roxy for jv

sat - baktun for direct drive, vinyl for whatever is there that week (this week is sven vath, REALLY GOOD techno)

sunday - big sur for 2step/uk garage

Originally posted by joeg

mondays - baktun for tronic treatment (techno)

wed. - coal for big apple breaks (this is more of a lounge than a club...)

fridays - vinyl for dt, roxy for jv

sat - baktun for direct drive, vinyl for whatever is there that week (this week is sven vath, REALLY GOOD techno)

sunday - big sur for 2step/uk garage

Thanks joeg

i can't believe im missing Sven Vath. I will never see this man.

i want to check out this baktun and big sur. you have addies for these places.?

thanks again for the info

Originally posted by captaingann

Thanks joeg

i can't believe im missing Sven Vath. I will never see this man.

i want to check out this baktun and big sur. you have addies for these places.?

thanks again for the info

baktun is 425 w. 14th st (right on the west side) I believe...

Theres no sign, its just a silver door.

Big sur is on 80th st somehwere... (brickhouse knows) I haven't been there yet, but I definately want to check it out sometime... although this sunday i'll be seeing krafty kuts again at orchard bar...

Originally posted by joeg

, roxy for jv

so im reading these write ups on the clubs listed and i came across this one.

Rip Off!!!!!

()

Posted by An Anonymous User on Mar. 20, 2002

This club is overrated! The door queen totally ripped me off charged my friend $20.00 myself $25.00, and I was right behind him. I asked the bouncer what the cover was he told me $20.00-I went back to comfront the tired queen, he refused to return my money. It's not the 5 bucks it's the principle! I called the dude a few choice words, he chased me outside the box and threatened to 86 me. I encouraged him to try. Needless to say, the coward crawled back into his hole. The club was ok, cool space, music was a little outdated especially for such a popular spot. I preferred "XL" or "SBNY" Note: my friend did not have a discount card it was his first time to NYC!!

hahaha

:D

Rip Off!!!!!

()

This club is overrated! The door queen totally ripped me off charged my friend $20.00 myself $25.00, and I was right behind him. I asked the bouncer what the cover was he told me $20.00-I went back to comfront the tired queen, he refused to return my money. It's not the 5 bucks it's the principle! I called the dude a few choice words, he chased me outside the box and threatened to 86 me. I encouraged him to try. Needless to say, the coward crawled back into his hole. The club was ok, cool space, music was a little outdated especially for such a popular spot. I preferred "XL" or "SBNY" Note: my friend did not have a discount card it was his first time to NYC!!

hahaha

yeah, roxy isn't a club i frequent much anymore... but I figured it was something else to check out...

Rip Off!!!!!

()

hahaha

bro, that review u just read was from someone who attended the gay night party on saturdays...reason u can tell if they mention door queens..which there is none on a friday night and also the reference to the XL which is a gay bar that is run by john blair who is like the advocate of gay nightlife...now if the gay scene is for u and shit then go on a saturday..but if u like tight snatches ass and tittes..check it out on a friday night with some hardddd trance by Johnny Vicious...another thing is you will notice a lotta shit is outdated on CP's club info part of the website..including the reviews.