Clubplanet Nightlife Community

memorial weekend in sobe...wanna dance?

daisytcam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst weekend possible ladies...last year there was rioting and the like...some hip-hop festival comes to town...

Though crobar and Space do not subscribe to the hip-hop fest ethic and go their own way that weekend..

I'd still love for you guys to come down, but another weekend probably would be in order. The city claims they are 'ready for anything' this year, but I'm not too sure on that. Even if the crowd is kept to a dull roar, South Beach on Memorial Day Weekend is no place I would take my girlfriend(s). The least the crowd would do is shout insults and make you and your friends feel very uncomfortable.

Keep us posted on your plans and we'll figure out what is what for whatever weekend you decide to come down. If you all decide to come on Memorial Day, us CP folk will steer you to some safe haven such as crobar.

Check out .cooljunkie. for the latest in events, free club entry, and nightlife news for that weekend and any weekend or weeknight! Oh, and a lot of my photos are there too :)

if u arrive on friday u can check out the following places:

friday- space, spin, crobar, rain (i strongly suggest)

saturday- space, liquids, crobar, living room (i strongly suggest afterhours 4am, jimmy toural spinning good house)

sunday- should check out nikkis beach

As I remember last year the beach was really given a bad name on Memorial day weekend. However, don't let that damper your spirits about coming. Crobar and Space are sure to be jumping, so is Spin..Since after all it is a 3 day weekend. Me, myself, I'll be travelling from Orlando,camped out at the BreakWater on Ocean Drive. Find me there if you must. I'll be arriving Friday afternoon.:eek::cry::unhappy::bounce::peeleft:

• 3 weeks later...

Still too cold in NYC to climb into my club gear for my b'day at the beginning of the month so I'll just wait till i get there and shake my a*s in the clubs there. :D

We just know to be cautious of the hip hoppers and the wanna be's that may be on the drive that weekend as well.

Originally posted by solbeam

It cant be that bad...it's a 3 day weekend...this hip hop fest won't change that

u dont think so? u better hope u are right or that they crack down on the hip hoppers...let me give u an example, i have never seen this on the beach until it was memorial day weekend...those guys on the street corner with the three cards and u have to pick the queen? know of that game? first time i saw it was 2 yrs ago during that time...i hope that isnt as bad this year as it was last year...for ur sake!!! just remember when u are packing ur lipstick and eyeliners....bring along ur mace and tazers...:blown:

Originally posted by jasonmarc

As I remember last year the beach was really given a bad name on Memorial day weekend. However, don't let that damper your spirits about coming. Crobar and Space are sure to be jumping, so is Spin..Since after all it is a 3 day weekend. Me, myself, I'll be travelling from Orlando,camped out at the BreakWater on Ocean Drive. Find me there if you must. I'll be arriving Friday afternoon.:eek::cry::unhappy::bounce::peeleft:

very good point !

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

u dont think so? u better hope u are right or that they crack down on the hip hoppers...let me give u an example, i have never seen this on the beach until it was memorial day weekend...those guys on the street corner with the three cards and u have to pick the queen? know of that game? first time i saw it was 2 yrs ago during that time...i hope that isnt as bad this year as it was last year...for ur sake!!! just remember when u are packing ur lipstick and eyeliners....bring along ur mace and tazers...:blown:

Im trying to be optimistic since I've already have all my plans set...

I like hip hop...ghetto is where the problem lies....I could stay in NY for that..no choice but to make the best of the situation

Originally posted by djfrosty

My friends live in Santa Barbara, CA. They were in Miami for one night last Memorial Day and got on a flight straight to Vegas because it sucked so bad.

Normally, they love Miami.

thanks dude...you really know how to kill any anticipation of a vacation :)...it's a weekend in a city with some of the hottest clubs..i said it once and i'll say it again....it cannot be that bad...I've never heard anyone come back from Miami saying that they had a bad time...you create the vibe

Originally posted by solbeam

thanks dude...you really know how to kill any anticipation of a vacation :)...it's a weekend in a city with some of the hottest clubs..i said it once and i'll say it again....it cannot be that bad...I've never heard anyone come back from Miami saying that they had a bad time...you create the vibe

i agree. Besides with some good NY'ers going down maybe the locals will be reminded that we don't all drive down the street with friends on the trunk on the convertible holding camcorders! lol

this is just a little messege for the 3 stunning ladies coming down to south beach for memorial weekend. ladies miami is very happy to have you. you will fit in great with the many fine and hot ladies down here on the beach. i just came back from laying out on ocean and 8th street and it was beautiful. the sun was so bright and the thongs were also beaming. i look forward to hearing about your great times in miami. go hit space and crobar and opium garden. you will absolutely love it. just make sure to have ur party favors and you'll be straight. i'll keep you posted on whether or not danny tenaglia is comfirmed for the sunday night before memorial day and word has it that dave seaman is cmonig to crobar that weekend as well for his global underground gu22 cd release party. so ladies get ready for one hell of a weekend.

miami equals love and partying and nakedness and sexy people

Originally posted by mrmovement33

i'll keep you posted on whether or not danny tenaglia is comfirmed for the sunday night before memorial day

i have heard rumors, that mr. tenaglia is going to be in vegas during memorial day weekend....hopefully its just a vicious rumor, but from what i have heard, its pretty much written in stone...(please God let me be wrong!!):(

Originally posted by mrmovement33

word has it that dave seaman is cmonig to crobar that weekend as well for his global underground gu22 cd release party. so ladies get ready for one hell of a weekend.

any confirmation on this will be greatly appreciated :)