Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PhazeOne & Big Apple Breaks Roll Call

email from the guy who runs Urban.Renewal at PhazeOne:

Hows' it fellas?

We're getting the week off because of a private party at Phaze One this Weds. Game on for next week.

Email over the weekend if you're planning on coming by to play.

Thanks to all who came out last week.

Let's represent next week with the beats and at the bar.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Journalism...that is a good angle. And don't worry people, I won't pull a lee coombs on this one, I really am a bona fide martin fan.

Btw, he'll also be @ the gorgeous lounge & sushi bar, Bar Below, in Carroll Gardens Brooklyn. 209 Smith st take F or G to Bergen on friday for a *2hr set with Residents: Sneak-E Pete, Scottie B, Tommy Moye

For more info check BluntedCircutz.com

& @ Orchard Bar

SUN 4/14

Krafty Kuts

w/ Sneak-E-Pete, Orion, Henry J, Miss Bliss & Phil Aupperle

$3, 21+

O ya and on a separate note, the Sexiest person in breakbeat, the tcr/botchit giant 10Sui'll be @ Static @ openair along with Sara Walker and the rest of the mighty static residents next wed 4/17. This is also 21+ and free.

Woohoo, Karl will actually be showing to Coal this week.....

And on that sexy note, I'd take Shugga or Reid Speed over 10Sui anyday...

The fact that Shugga, as a local DJ, was able to be voted the second sexiest breaks DJ in the world just under 10Sui who's world renowned says a lot right there......

Come on Dan, don't knock her. I can respect u not goin 2 c her, but a headliner's a headliner and the title's just for publicity purposes anyway. That's the only reason I started a thread that turned into a war on the subject on kelly's behalf on nubreax back when the poll came out anyway. Granted tcr 50 was dull, but it was just a sampler. 10Sui's spun with the best breaks DJs in the world on a regular basis and I wouldn't knock her DJ skills @ all. As for the sexiness factor, I'm sure she holds her own along with Kelly and Reid just fine.

Originally posted by breaksny

Come on Dan, don't knock her. I can respect u not goin 2 c her, but a headliner's a headliner and the title's just for publicity purposes anyway. That's the only reason I started a thread that turned into a war on the subject on kelly's behalf on nubreax back when the poll came out anyway. Granted tcr 50 was dull, but it was just a sampler. 10Sui's spun with the best breaks DJs in the world on a regular basis and I wouldn't knock her DJ skills @ all. As for the sexiness factor, I'm sure she holds her own along with Kelly and Reid just fine.

I wasn't knocking her in any way whatsoever...I'll head out there to see her if it's possible for me to do so. What I've heard of her I love, and I like the stuff she's produced. I was just saying I'd rather boink the other two, getting to all that *thinking with the nutsack and not the brain or the ears* dilly....

In any case, she's a great DJ and I'll encourage people to go out there to see her myself. That, and I'd do her anyway....she's no slouch in the looks dep't

Lemme say this one last time. "The sexiest" whatever title is for publicity purposes only. I don't wanna brag, but I'm probably the biggest feminist in the scene here in NY, anyone who knows my views on gender knows that. I say that very seriously b/c I think just about everyone misunderstood that on said thread a couple months ago. I look at the title as a tool to promote a musical talent, that's all. Kelly, 10Sui and others have obviously used it (consciously or not) to promote themselves as musicians, not sex symbols, and I in no way have ever attempted to make that an issue of sexuality. If u wanna say a guy or girl is hot, I don't personally care, and if you'll notice from my reviews of DJs (male and female) I NEVER EVER talk about anything but the person's deck skills live or in a recorded work for the very reason that I think any comment on the person's physicality in any way can be not just sexist but a continuation of all that is, has been, and continues to be wrong with patriarchal institutions in all facets of society for centuries. That's why I'm a feminist and why I don't even use words like "bitch" or "slut" ever. This post probably sounds extremely defensive, maybe it is. But the point is the title is just something a guy or woman can use if s/he chooses to do so to forward his or her career. It's a label, for me devoid of anything more than hype. My use of it never has been and never will be intended to be taken literally in any way. Thanks for reading and understanding.

Originally posted by djmissbliss

Who the fuck cares what these people look like? Are you going to see Paul Oakenfold 'cause he's hot?

HEY PAUL OAKENFOLD IS HOT CARA!

You leave my gorilla looking hunk alone!

oh..

I'll try and swing by again this week..

(Though lord knows getting up at 8:00am now

really sucks the day after!)