Clubplanet Nightlife Community

excuse me, do you listen to this?

Shit like that on a daily basis at Brownies (Ave A) and Continental (St Marks + 3rd). Not gonna be bands as famous as the ones you listed (although Hot Water Music played with BR recently at Roseland), but every so often some decent sized bands roll in, more often at Brownies than Continental. If you want to be less random, the bigger bands usually play Mercury, Roseland, Irving Plaza, etc etc so check the voice and TONY for that. But for random goodness, you can walk into Continental or Brownies about any day of the week and be guaranteed to hear either punk, emo, or hardcore (unlike CBGB which plays too much folk music and shit lately).

On a side note, I think it's hilarious the turn AFI has taken. About 7 or 8 years ago, when they were a sXe Christian punk band, I saw them play in a church for free. Like 3 or 4 years ago they decided to go all Misfits, dye their hair black, start eating meat, and be quasi-satanist or something. Just a really weird transition. But maybe it payed off....Days of the Phoenix was a Top 40 hit in the UK.

Also, I'm not sure, but I think Beta Band broke up a couple years ago, so I doubt they'll be dropping by anytime soon.