Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the "Platinum Sucks" thread #7465982

Originally posted by kettleone4me

i would like to go on record and say this previous quote was a mere joke among some friends, neither myself or any of my promoters is trying to steal tooch from platinum nor or we trying to make him quit/lave platinum, i have been getting numerous phone calls, PM's & IMs asking questions and shit

Starting stuff are you.........:laugh:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by binoys

Welll BG....Steve Dash was there on friday and fixed everything up. System sounded AMAZING Friday and Saturday night. Wait till you hear it for DT its gonna be an AMAZING sound!!!!! And yes it really is PHAZON. so stop hatin

hey baby, im gonna be there at 8:30 so who's hatin?:D

BG

Originally posted by binoys

Welll BG....Steve Dash was there on friday and fixed everything up. System sounded AMAZING Friday and Saturday night. Wait till you hear it for DT its gonna be an AMAZING sound!!!!! And yes it really is PHAZON. so stop hatin

SCHOOL IS IN SESSION ONCE AGAIN!!!!!

Steve Dash is a overated sound installer!! The sound system at abyss sucks!! the whole phazon thing sucks. No disrespect to the owners, but they got ripped off. I love club abyss, alot of my friends work there, but the phazon shit has to go.

Phazons suck and Sound Environments rule

as for Platinum, who ever did there system must of took lesson from steve dash. how can a dj work in that shitty ass dj booth.

the pioneer cd - I heard most of the dj 's bring their own denon

the rane mixer - the most distorted mixer on the market, next to the rane rortary mixer.

the dj console - why don't you just throw eveything on the dinning room table.

crown amps - they suck - crest audio 9001 are the best

crown amps always short out or die.

the clark processor - another piece of junk made by ev a rane rpm 26v or a crown iqusm30 would have been much better.

the jbl stuff should be replace with bl15 by sound environments.

As for everyone who says new york has the best sound. then answer this question.

Why is a sound installer from brick , NJ getting calls from most of the well known nyc club to redo their sound system?

lol jlee

Originally posted by jerrylee

as for Platinum, who ever did there system must of took lesson from steve dash. how can a dj work in that shitty ass dj booth.

the pioneer cd - I heard most of the dj 's bring their own denon

lol jlee

at first, i brought my denon but then i realized, this is the sickest fucking cd player ever.....owns the denon in so many ways

BG

Originally posted by ibclubbin

at first, i brought my denon but then i realized, this is the sickest fucking cd player ever.....owns the denon in so many ways

BG

I played on a pioneer once or twice, but to be honest with you I did'nt get use to them as quick I did with the denon. The pioneer seems to have great features, but I do notice alot of them always end up in a repair shops two fast. I think Platinum is the only club that I know of that has the pioneer cd players. Most clubs have denons.

Ibclubbin CHECK OUT THE NEW DENON 9000 it's a real sick cd player if you like cd mixing and it's only $1299.00

LOL.......... J LEE

Originally posted by jerrylee

I played on a pioneer once or twice, but to be honest with you I did'nt get use to them as quick I did with the denon. The pioneer seems to have great features, but I do notice alot of them always end up in a repair shops two fast. I think Platinum is the only club that I know of that has the pioneer cd players. Most clubs have denons.

Ibclubbin CHECK OUT THE NEW DENON 9000 it's a real sick cd player if you like cd mixing and it's only $1299.00

LOL.......... J LEE

i hear ya....the pioneer is only in a few places...i know SF has it in the basement DJ booth, and I saw the Ministry of Sound has it too....if Platinum were smart they would have set up a denon in the console along side the mixer, in addition to the pioneers, but hindsight is 20/20 ya know?

and barbiegirl. if you knew anything about DJ's nowadays you would know that more and more of them are spinning more and more of their set from cd, as unreleased tracks are swapped on mp3 and burned, but i shouldnt have to tell you that cause you know everything:rolleyes:

BG

and barbiegirl. if you knew anything about DJ's nowadays you would know that more and more of them are spinning more and more of their set from cd, as unreleased tracks are swapped on mp3 and burned, but i shouldnt have to tell you that cause you know everything:

BG

I don't know about this BG. To get the unrealeased tracks and underground/cutting edge material one has to get it first on vinyl. (unless you're not intersted in that kind of thing). The majority of the dj's I have seen have gone strictly from records (most recently I saw Dave Ralph spin). Little or any new matierial comes out on CD. Where do ya go to get new stuff. . .your local record store or online record site. C'mon bro, when you gonna catch on, vinyl is the only way to stay current!!!

hey ibJACk-ASS .... it's not that i don't KNOW that most places and dj's are using cd's now, it's just that i asked WHAT HAPPENED TO VINYL ?? can you or can you not read ??

as for what djcreep said - he is 110 % right !!!!

and you're right bg .... i do know everything !!!

it's nice to see you have finnaly come to terms with it :D

Originally posted by djcreep

I don't know about this BG. To get the unrealeased tracks and underground/cutting edge material one has to get it first on vinyl. (unless you're not intersted in that kind of thing). The majority of the dj's I have seen have gone with strictly from records. Little or any new matierial comes out on CD. Where do ya go to get new stuff. . .your local record store or online record site. C'mon bro, when you gonna catch on, vinyl is the only way to stay current!!!

This might be your opinion but fact is getting cutting edge tracks first usually means hearing it on CD. How many times have you spun the new Sal Dano and Christian track? Never because it's not released yet, but it's been played at Abyss and PoorBilly's because Christian wanted crowd reaction while he's doing the mix down. How does that work? CD! Pressing a song to vinal costs money and time. Burning it to cd is the quickest way to get it out to DJ's. Computers are used during the mixing process and the saving process. If a producer wants to hook a DJ up he can burn the song on CD and hand it out before it's released. If you are comparing vinal to the CD's you get at sam goody then you are right, but I think BG is talking a whole different level.

I don't know about this BG. To get the unrealeased tracks and underground/cutting edge material one has to get it first on vinyl. (unless you're not intersted in that kind of thing). The majority of the dj's I have seen have gone strictly from records (most recently I saw Dave Ralph spin). Little or any new matierial comes out on CD. Where do ya go to get new stuff. . .your local record store or online record site. C'mon bro, when you gonna catch on, vinyl is the only way to stay current!!!

right on

so why is it have i have tracks that havent been/never will be pressed to vinyl?:confused: I dont recall No More Games (Rivera) available for sale at Satellite Records :rolleyes:

not to be rude bro, since i know you arent a newbie but there is a world of music sharing that you have no idea about, and most of it is tracks that DJ's are rocking that are NOT available on vinyl

and when are you gonna update your record collection brooooo???:D

BG

so why is it have i have tracks that havent been/never will be pressed to vinyl?:confused: I dont recall No More Games (Rivera) available for sale at Satellite Records :rolleyes:

not to be rude bro, since i know you arent a newbie but there is a world of music sharing that you have no idea about, and most of it is tracks that DJ's are rocking that are NOT available on vinyl

and when are you gonna update your record collection brooooo???:D

BG

Well first off BG, maybe you are shopping in the wrong places. . . and since you don't spin vinyl I wouldn't expect you to know what was pressed on vinyl and what wasn't. And by the way, i spin for fun, i'm not a working dj, so don't you worry about my record collection BG. And to 12INCH, as you probably know international dj's get the better quality, unrealeased record pressings faster than anyone out there. I wasn't talking about the dj's at abyss and i don't think BG was either. Burnt CD's aren't top professional quality if you ask me. Also, i think we are in different worlds stylsitically speaking. I spin, vinyl from Dave the Drummer (hydraulix, London), Chris Liberator (Stay Up Forever, London), Noom Records, and Hooj Choons. This music is all a little more underground, and I am not familiar with most of the producers that are situated in London or other parts of Europe (thus no burnt CD's for me). I guess all i am trying to stay is with my stlye of music to stay current, I don't look to Kazaa or Audiogalaxy, I look to my local record store or online site, and suppourt them.

Well first off BG, maybe you are shopping in the wrong places. . . and since you don't spin vinyl I wouldn't expect you to know what was pressed on vinyl and what wasn't. And by the way, i spin for fun, i'm not a working dj, so don't you worry about my record collection BG. And to 12INCH, as you probably know international dj's get the better quality, unrealeased record pressings faster than anyone out there. I wasn't talking about the dj's at abyss and i don't think BG was either. Burnt CD's aren't top professional quality if you ask me. Also, i think we are in different worlds stylsitically speaking. I spin, vinyl from Dave the Drummer (hydraulix, London), Chris Liberator (Stay Up Forever, London), Noom Records, and Hooj Choons. This music is all a little more underground, and I am not familiar with most of the producers that are situated in London or other parts of Europe (thus no burnt CD's for me). I guess all i am trying to stay is with my stlye of music to stay current, I don't look to Kazaa or Audiogalaxy, I look to my local record store or online site, and suppourt them.

YEAH BABY !!!!!

p.s. try this record store www.planetxusa.com

With all due respect to everyone on this board, I think that strictly spinning cd's is sometimes cheap. Now bare with me here, I agree that if you produce a track & want to hear it on a loud system to test it out that's cool. I mean that's why they call it a "test press" but if your STRICTLY going online & downloading music I think that's cheap. Now don't get me wrong I am a business owner & would love all the extra revenue I can get =) But regardless of that, it kind of takes the fun out of it. Why do you think records (tracks, EP's etc) are so NOT hyped up anymore? Because you can simply download it from any shareware site before it comes out. Is that really fair? Any Joe Schmoe can go & get that record that you've worked so hard to get. I think it's a very touchey issue. No offense to anyone here as I don't think I know any of you personally but I think that people who STRICTLY download music are a joke. What happened to the fun of going to a record store & seeing the new stuff on the wall? Damn, I own a record store & STILL get excited when the new boxes xome in on Tuesdays & Fridays> Maybe I dont get out enough.... =) Just my 2cents!!!! See ya's . . .

Both of you guys are right. In some cases, certain genres of dance music gets in DJ's hands faster through vinyl. But....In the NJ / NY guido scene, the producers are spittin out traxx, burning them (in HIGH QUALITY), and passing them on to other DJ's faster than you can say, "Ayyyy YO!" In London, the majority of DJ's still use vinyl. They DO use CD to test out pre-released shit but the music swapping here in the North East is much more popular.

BOTH OF YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT!

Originally posted by conceptmusic

With all due respect to everyone on this board, I think that strictly spinning cd's is sometimes cheap. Now bare with me here, I agree that if you produce a track & want to hear it on a loud system to test it out that's cool. I mean that's why they call it a "test press" but if your STRICTLY going online & downloading music I think that's cheap. Now don't get me wrong I am a business owner & would love all the extra revenue I can get =) But regardless of that, it kind of takes the fun out of it. Why do you think records (tracks, EP's etc) are so NOT hyped up anymore? Because you can simply download it from any shareware site before it comes out. Is that really fair? Any Joe Schmoe can go & get that record that you've worked so hard to get. I think it's a very touchey issue. No offense to anyone here as I don't think I know any of you personally but I think that people who STRICTLY download music are a joke. What happened to the fun of going to a record store & seeing the new stuff on the wall? Damn, I own a record store & STILL get excited when the new boxes xome in on Tuesdays & Fridays> Maybe I dont get out enough.... =) Just my 2cents!!!! See ya's . . .

Hell yeah bro, hell yeah! I'll be by this weekend to pick up some new tracks!

Originally posted by conceptmusic

very well put, i totally agree with you on this