Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gloobal Underground Question..Helpppp

Does anyone know where I can get the cuesheets for all of the global underground CD's?

Also, does anyone know who made volume 002? People have been telling me that it was Oakenfold in New York, but I believe that is volume 007. I went to the global underground website and there was nothing there for 002!

Someone HELP!

GU is my specialty!

ok cuesheets? i guess you mean tracklistings... thats on their website, pretty much all the tracklistings.

now GU002 was originally Oakey - NY, one of my all time favorite discs. then they renumbered it for some reason, so Oakey NY is now 007, Sasha San Fran used to be 003 now its 009 i think. but after this renumbering, i believe 002 just doesnt exist anymore. fuck it, its just silly numbers, just enjoy the sounds..

heres a preview of GU023..

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92001

:laugh:

the reason Oakenfold NY was #2 was because they started releasing them in the US much later and just ignored the ones before. Now they've released all of them in the US and gone back to the original number. There never was a #2, i believe because the first GU (Tony de Vit- tel Aviv) was numbered so disc one was GU 1 and disc 2 was GU 2, but if i remember there's a full explanantion in the FAQ's on the globalunderground website

Originally posted by chrismakk69

Does anyone know where I can get the cuesheets for all of the global underground CD's?

Also, does anyone know who made volume 002? People have been telling me that it was Oakenfold in New York, but I believe that is volume 007. I went to the global underground website and there was nothing there for 002!

Someone HELP!

Ok to clear things up... Paul Oakenfold Global Underground New York. Was both 002 and 007. I believe it is because they, just like all the others started as Thrive Records and then I believe switched to a different label... 002 and 007 are all the same tracks... The only difference is the Booklet... They both have a different Picture on the front page. After the change in record company all the albums changed there numbers... My Sasha San Francisco is 003 the newer one is # 009. The newer 001 is Tony Devit. My 001 is Digweed Sidney. Here is an example...

attachment.php?postid=780704

Originally posted by trancer70

Thrive records was the label in the US that started to release GU's and they used there own numbering syystem : Digweed 001, Oakey 002, and Sasha 003 are all US versions of the GU UK versions which are correctly numbered

-Trancer:cool:

You just summed it all up. I realized it after reading some of the little booklets... I knew it had something to do with the record companies...