Clubplanet Nightlife Community

***MERGE Summer 2002***

Originally posted by johnnyblackroc

Look who's back!!!!!

Hey JBR you don't think he sent that email from work do you??????hahhahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahha

Anywho good luck to TEO-T

I am going to have the break the rules a little and go hang there on Fridays. Tommy D, Teo hmmmmm Looks like Merge pizza may have been just a fantasy:eek:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by saleen351

The same people that love teo and love Rydell are the ones at 4am chanting Dennys name... its kinda funny if you think about it........

Actually its kinda funny that numerous Temps Regulars are saying how much better Rydel has gotten over the past year, and how they like his sets a lot better than Denny's. I am and still am a huge Tsettos fan....but Rydel just lights it up time in and time out (never heard an off night)......I don't think there is a better DJ to go up against him @ Temps. HIs track selection, programming, and creativity during his sets are fucking insane. It is such a shame that a lot of people haven't heard this guy yet.

I was @ Temps just about every Single Saturday last summer, and now that I have heard Rydel on a consistent basis I know for a Fact that I will be at merge just as much as I am at temps.

Tyco is right....People are scared to give a new club a try....Merge will take time to build up. But with Rydel on the ones and twos there is nothing but progress on saturdays for Merge.

Originally posted by djdanfury

Actually its kinda funny that numerous Temps Regulars are saying how much better Rydel has gotten over the past year, and how they like his sets a lot better than Denny's. I am and still am a huge Tsettos fan....but Rydel just lights it up time in and time out (never heard an off night)......I don't think there is a better DJ to go up against him @ Temps. HIs track selection, programming, and creativity during his sets are fucking insane. It is such a shame that a lot of people haven't heard this guy yet.

I was @ Temps just about every Single Saturday last summer, and now that I have heard Rydel on a consistent basis I know for a Fact that I will be at merge just as much as I am at temps.

Tyco is right....People are scared to give a new club a try....Merge will take time to build up. But with Rydel on the ones and twos there is nothing but progress on saturdays for Merge.

I was thinking the same thing. I think that this summer, Merge will hav a lot more attendees and will establish a name for itself, as well as credibility. Anyone who read the board last year knows that Merge took QUITE a beating from board members (including myself). However, I am giving Merge another try this summer, and try not to be so judgemental! I mean, of course Tempts will remain my favorite, but I have a feeling I will be stopping by Merge often as well.

Oh, and notallthere...GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF! I think you are schitzophrenic!

Putting Teo there on fridays is a great idea. I liked him the best out of every one last summer. Although I always went to Tempts to hear Denny, I had more fun @ XS and Merge. To much drama (4me) at Temtps. And putting Rydell on saturdays is the best thing next to Teo on fridays. He rips up Metro every friday night. I havent heard R. Santana 2 much, but I heard he is good. Boris on holiday sundays makes the big weekends even better. Hearing him and Denny on the same night makes it even better staying down there. And now MTV is there 2. Its gonna be one sick summer and if the weather stays this way it will be even a hotter summer. See ya tommorow night!!:)

Congratulations to Teo T first off. Fridays at Merge should do much better then last year, Teo has a great following at the shore. Should be fun going back and forth hearing Richie Santana and Teo T. As far as Saturdays go, I think moving Rydell was a smart move. I think the people who went to XS a lot last summer on Saturdays will be attending Merge. At some point though, everyone always seems to end up at Tempts. I have only heard Rydell spin a few times so I can't really say an opinion, I will defintely check it out a few times but in the end I will end up at Tempts!!! Can't wait till next Saturday!!!!

Originally posted by cgm

I was thinking the same thing. I think that this summer, Merge will hav a lot more attendees and will establish a name for itself, as well as credibility. Anyone who read the board last year knows that Merge took QUITE a beating from board members (including myself). However, I am giving Merge another try this summer, and try not to be so judgemental! I mean, of course Tempts will remain my favorite, but I have a feeling I will be stopping by Merge often as well.

Oh, and notallthere...GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF! I think you are schitzophrenic!

In my opinion, a large part of the beating Merge received last summer had to do with the Management and it's followers constantly making statements about how Merge was going to "Rule the Boulevard" and how Tempts was going to FLOP. I won't go on with the comments, all who read this board know what I am talking about. Merge was blown up so much and made it such a competition with Tempts that when it finally DID open people weren't all that impressed.

I must say that, although I don't read as much as I used to, I haven't seen ANY of that competition so far and that makes for alot less drama and unnecessary BS. There really is no need to be competitive about anything, bad mouthing any other DJ's or Clubs. We have a wide variety of music choose from with the DJ's chosen for each club this summer. I think all three clubs are going to be very successful this Summer. Now let's just hope the weather is better than last year and everyone have a safe, responsible Summer!!!

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone. I know i am personally really looking foward to the summer, and really looking foward to starting the summer off the RIGHT way. Missing memorial day last year was definitly not a good thing to say the least....I also want everone to know that we do appreciate your suggestions and we to pay attention to your wants and needs. Anyway, saynotodrama, i agree with what you said. First of all, i know i didnt, let alone anyone else, thought tempts would flop. I think there is no way tempts will ever "flop". It just wont happen . There definitley was tons of hype for merge, and your right, maybe to much hype.That sometimes could be bad. Sometimes "outsiders" try to create drama when it really is not there...hopefully that bullshit is in the past. Our goal in seaside heights is to through the best party and events we can, and most of all, HAVE A TON OF FUN THIS SUMMER!!!!. Merge would like to see ALL THE CLUBS in seaside have an awsome summer, and hopefully with mtv there, it will give the entire town the hype that it needs and deserves. Hopefully the "competition" thing is out of everyones head, because it is not in ours. We honestly do wish Tempts , XS, & bamboo and there staffs a great summer and wish eveyone the best. REMEMBER..........WE ARE ALL NEIGHBORS :D See ya soon.

George b.

I heard Cheyne Christian will be at Merge Fridays as well, I would hate to be Teo he won't stand a chance next to him. I think that Merge needs someone who can work a crowd and plays with a lot of energy, like Cheyne. I recently heard him play this past Thurday at Metro and he blew it up! This club will benefit by having a DJ like Cheyne on their team!

Who is Teo T?......... Didnt XS fire him ????

Can someone define the term "resident dj"??

I thought Cheyne has been playing there since the fall ?

Doesn't this make him "resident dj"... No offense to Teo.. but last time I heard him, he put me to sleep. I think Merge needs a new beginning with the spotlight on Cheyne. Merge was such a disappointment last summer that they need to start off this summer with a BanG!!!!

Having Cheyne and Richie there this summer will definately make the club more successful in its strive to be the Best.

Before this even starts, i am gonna put an end to this RIGHT NOW. Teo T is the RESIDENT dj fridays at merge. So to this newbie trying to start drama, STOP IT NOW! Who ever opens up for him , if anyone does, OR if we do guess spots or whatever, it is not of anyones concern. Yes shane was working during the winter and still is and we have brought him in for some spots at metro, as we do for alot of other djs on our TEAM (key word, team). As all of the djs on the metro/ merge team, he is a good dj, if he wasnt, he would not be working at merge and he definitly would never have a chance at playing at metro.So if you are a friend to him, be a real friend and dont make any drama out of this. Shane is part of our team, and no one is disputing that, so dont you start. Dont start any drama concerning this issue, i guess you dont relieze it will only have negitive effects.....THIS ISSUE IS DONE.

GEORGE B.

Originally posted by peekaboo

I heard Cheyne Christian will be at Merge Fridays as well, I would hate to be Teo he won't stand a chance next to him. I think that Merge needs someone who can work a crowd and plays with a lot of energy, like Cheyne. I recently heard him play this past Thurday at Metro and he blew it up! This club will benefit by having a DJ like Cheyne on their team!

I ALSO HREAD THAT "INSANE" CHEYENE WILL BE DOING FRIS AT MERGE.

AS FAR AS SAT'S GO...TOTALLY DIFFERENT INFO. FROM WHAT I HEAR MERGE IS GOIN TO BE THE ONLY CLUB IN SEASIDE THAT ACTUALLY PLAYS HIP HOP AS WELL AS HOUSE ON SATS. WITH D.J UNIQUE FROM CLUB ABYSS DOING HIP HOP UPSTARIS AND D.J JOEY MARTINEZ IN THE MAIN ROON ALONG WITH SPECIAL GUESTS EVERY WEEK???

I DUNNO. ...THE RUMORS CONTUNE....