Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Official Topaz Review

I wanna thank everyone that came out last night and made the party a success. Overall I would hafta rate the party a 7. It was a great opening night, however there is room for improvement. We now have a perspective on the good and bad points and will have everything fixed for next week. Here is my review.

Overall occupancy: Crowded with plenty of room to move. We underestimated how many people we could actually fit in there. But there was a large amout of people.

Girl to guy ratio: 3 girls to every guy all night. (no joke). All the sorrorities showed up early so there was about 80 gilrz and 7 guys until 10:30. I'm sure it will even out after the word gets out about the ratio.

Music: Nero and Swivle ripped shit as always. Music will never be an issue at Topaz. It will always be near perfect.

Drinks: Drinks were cheaper than even I expected last night. $1 shots, $2 domestic bottles, $3 mixed drinks. I heard a couple people mention that some drinks were weak so we took care of that for next week. Others couldn't believe they got a shot that was half a cup for $1. Everyone looked pretty drunk though haha.

Crowd: The crowd was excellent. Mainly made up of the people from all the other Jersey parties. Good looking and alot of fun and energy. There was no dress code and still no one looked bad. There was not even the slightest problem inside. There was also no security inside which was amazing how controlled it was. Something other clubs should think about. Very friendly and non-paranoid atmosphere.

Things to be fixed: 1. We apologize for how hot it was in the hip hop room. We had the doors opening constanly and it made the room really hot. We are gonna put the AC on earlier in the day and let the place get colder next week.

2. As everyone noticed the lighting at Topaz iz amazing. However we had a couple complaints that the place resembled The Tunnel because of how dark we made the dance floor. We are gonna brighten up the floor a little bit more and use the strobe lights less. We will also use the bubble machines and the toilet paper blower more often.

3. Directions from route 17 south: Get off at Hoboken rd. (Meadowlands Diner). Topaz is about a mile up on the right. (next to Tommy's Diner). Simple directions!!!

Our complaint: There will be NO comps given out anymore. We comped more than half the party and almost didn't make enough to continue it. It's only $5 to get in all night and we feel the party is worth much more than that. If you come to a club with less than $5 in your pocket we don't feel you are worthy of our venue. There will be VIP cards given out this week that will comp people. If we feel you are assisting our party in any way you will recieve 1. We were and still are also giving out Roxy permanent VIP cards at the door for free. We feel that, in itself, is worth the admission fee.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to post them on this thread. Thank you and I hope to see you all next Tuesday.

i had a lot of fun last nite...ant~you were off da hook as usual! hey rich, i dont kno wat your talkin bout drinks not being strong enough?!! the bartender i went to hooked me up! 3 drinks and i was done lol. im such a light weight. anywayz, i wish i could have stayed longer but some lil' drama was starting and i didnt wanna deal. i'll be there next week definatley!! see u laterz. muahzzzz

dana :D

Originally posted by promojunkie

Our complaint: There will be NO comps given out anymore. We comped more than half the party and almost didn't make enough to continue it. It's only $5 to get in all night and we feel the party is worth much more than that. If you come to a club with less than $5 in your pocket we don't feel you are worthy of our venue. There will be VIP cards given out this week that will comp people. If we feel you are assisting our party in any way you will recieve 1. We were and still are also giving out Roxy permanent VIP cards at the door for free. We feel that, in itself, is worth the admission fee.

i definitly agree.... it seemed that everyone came out with no money everyone kept asking me outside if i can get them in... please people its 5 dollars that its and it makes me mad you bitch to me about 5 bucks and then i see you at the bar all night long with drinks in your hand..... and then im being totally serious here no joke who do people have the never to come ask me for money for gas and cigarettes hello????? listen we'll do what ever it takes to make the crowd happy and we'll fix or change whatever needz to be....

But Overall last night was bumpin the place was packed, good music in both rooms, lots of girls goodlooking girls, and a great atmosphere.... Topaz Staff is the friendliest people i think i have ever met... So next week don't miss out and hey i heard something about a MENAGE GRA PARTY APRIL 30? YES PEOPLE ITZ ON!!!!!

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

I would usually say that a promoter shouldnt give a review of their party because they tend to be somewhat biased but it seems that he did a good job pointing out the negatives and positives. Good job and good luck with the party.

Is this gonna be going on every tuesday with nero or was it a one shot deal?

I wanted to go check it out but my Queer frinds thought there were gonna be no girls there, I guess they were wrong, and even it there was my frinds dont talk to them or nuttin just eye candy I guess...

Originally posted by stonedcl

Is this gonna be going on every tuesday with nero or was it a one shot deal?

I wanted to go check it out but my Queer frinds thought there were gonna be no girls there, I guess they were wrong, and even it there was my frinds dont talk to them or nuttin just eye candy I guess...

Nero will be spinning every Tuesday. A lot of people still haven't realized that this isn't a gay night. It's gonna take a week or 2 for the word to get out. The whole club is actually turning straight if Tuesday stays going well. In the beginning it looked like a lesbian fest because there were so many girls in there. I never thought I'd say this but, we need more guys. The girls will always be there because they are sponsoring the party.

PS: We had a thong contests in both rooms that were off the hook.

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

I would usually say that a promoter shouldnt give a review of their party because they tend to be somewhat biased but it seems that he did a good job pointing out the negatives and positives. Good job and good luck with the party.

Hey, thanks a lot for the support. You'll never get a good party by praising it. You hafta rip it apart so you can fix the problems. A lot of promoters think that if you cover up all the bad things that they will go away. That's just not the case. Were gonna focus on the bad things so we can make them better. Hope to see you Tuesday.

this pary was pretty damn banging, hats off rich n the royal crew. all in all it was a goodnite. i like the fact that i played whatever i wanted n the crowd was feeling it. i played more house n tribal n some tech house, but i did bang it out at the end. the only thing i saw wrong was there was no signs for the bathrooms. other then that its on.

also im starting 2 new saturday nite parts. one in nj 10-2 and one in nyc( east village, new underground spot) 3-???? more details to come

a nero

Originally posted by anthonyn

this pary was pretty damn banging, hats off rich n the royal crew. all in all it was a goodnite. i like the fact that i played whatever i wanted n the crowd was feeling it. i played more house n tribal n some tech house, but i did bang it out at the end. the only thing i saw wrong was there was no signs for the bathrooms. other then that its on.

also im starting 2 new saturday nite parts. one in nj 10-2 and one in nyc( east village, new underground spot) 3-???? more details to come

a nero

i totally forgot about that. We'll have that fixed also. Although I didn't really mind coed bathrooms haha. But there are 2 separate bathrooms in each room.

PS: The saturday parties will be posted along with the flyers as soon as all the info is complete.

Originally posted by chrisdez25

hey i heard something about a MENAGE GRA PARTY APRIL 30? YES PEOPLE ITZ ON!!!!!

Yes, there will be a continuation of the Manage Gras party that was held at Tribecca. That party was absolutely insane and NEEDS an encore. The dates aren't set in stone yet, but here are some of the events to come very soon.

4-23: Grand Opening continues - More give aways including Topaz VIP cards

4-30: Naughty Gras - Our rendition of Mardi Gras with a twist of naughtiness. Large cash prize to the girl who earns the most beads. They won't be easy to get!!

5-7: Max Talent Night - Max Talent Angeny will be present with all of there models and actors. They will be giving away 2 guest spots on HBO's Sex In The City

5-14: Battle of the DJs - 4 DJs in each room will get an hour each to prove their worth in the music industry. Prepare for an incredible night of music

5-21: Pajama Party - we all know how this goes. Everyone in their nightwear.

Much more to come....

Originally posted by promojunkie

The dates I put are all on Tuesdays. So they are all at TOPAZ. Thanks for mentioning it though. That was a good point.

your welcome~sowwy i didnt realize they were all tuesdayz....yo wats the deal...u always have your away message on??! :(