Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Way Out West/ NickWarren

Ummmm, hmmmm. The music was amazing, I just wish there had been a few more people there to enjoy it!! Very deep beats with pretty vocals, good for trancey dancing. I liked it very much.

BUT... they closed at friggin' seven because there was no one there!! I wanted to cry. Hello, New York! Where are you! Home in bed, I'm afraid.

I brought two friends who left half an hour after getting there. I hate that, like, oh well, now I won't be stressing about whether or not they're having fun here. I met some really chill people though, and I had fun. Thank god.

SO was it just last night at Vinyl, or is the club scene really becoming a little less vital? Maybe you were all at Shelter or SF....

Whatever. Even if all my friends go home and stay there permanently, I can still have fun going out. Ahhhh, I hope!!

no it's just the club scene in new york sucks big time..the city sucks bigtime...i went to exit and it's was a half empty kiddy club and my friend went to shelter and said it was half empty and all black..the only good parties are vinyl friday and SF saturday..maybe that's why i have been to south beach twice already this year..i get afford to keep going down there..but it's so much better than new york...we really need some new clubs to juice up the scene..

I wanted to go see WOW, but:

1. I was a bit tired from Boo, and more so from a day that started at 7:30 am for me

2. I have to go into work a little over 12 hours from now (i.e. Monday 4 am) for a company-wide software deployment and I wanted to make sure I rested up enough for it. I got my full 8 hours of sleep for the first time in a while, but damn, I'm still tired - does that happen to anyone else? There were also a some things on Sunday I wanted to get done before hitting the sack early.

it was actually pretty full earlier in the night. I think part of the problem was that Jody played from 3:30-5 which is pretty much peak time in NY and most people were there to see Nick Warren, so they bolted. I was there until a little after 6:00 and the crowd was still pretty decent; I've definitely seen it much worse. Maybe everyone left around then though. Boo and the fact that this is getting toward exam season for lots of people probably hurt the crowd. Having Seb here on Thursday probably burned out some of the crowd too, as their fan bases definitely overlap.

On a more positive note, I had a great time. The music was great; the crowd was very cool -very up for it, friendly, and diverse -reminded me more of a Be Yourself crowd than a saturday one. Had i not read this board I never would have suspected there were any problems. Anyway, I thought it was a hell of a night; hopefully I wasn't alone.

yea totally not enough people. i wanted to see Nick W so bad, i went straight from a wedding (i was wearing a tux) to Vinyl, so i had to dance in really nice pants. music was excellent, had to leave early though, my gfriend was so tired she was gonna pass out. anyway, i think there werent too many people there becaue there was no promotion what soever, i barely found out that Nick is playing.

I thought the night was OK, and not anything special. Very progressive sets from Jody and Nick Warren. But I was hoping they'd diversify their sets a little more, just like the way their original productions are. I was hoping to hear some breaks from them, but I never heard one song that was all breaks. Jody spun some very bassy tracks...made my ass vibrate so much! Then Nick Warren came back on at 5am and played some pretty hard tracks. Both guys played some great vocal tracks too. But, overall, it seemed to just fall short of a musical journey to me. Is it me or do all DJs seem to be hooked on the progressive movement? I have nothing against it (many of my records are progressive) but many of them seem to have similar styles now. Or are there just not enough quality records out there?

Originally posted by bsb2002

On a more positive note, I had a great time. The music was great; the crowd was very cool -very up for it, friendly, and diverse -reminded me more of a Be Yourself crowd than a saturday one. Had i not read this board I never would have suspected there were any problems. Anyway, I thought it was a hell of a night; hopefully I wasn't alone.

I would agreee. The crowd was sparse but really cool.

My friends and I was planning to leave but then Nick came back on at 5:00

and we decided to stick arround.

The music was great! Definately a nice night.