Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where two roads meet...

marcid21

...ok...I'm gonna get a lil' deeper than normal here......

but a while ago, I posted a thead about which was more powerful, the Heart or the Mind. Phuturephunk and I batteled this one out only to come to a mutal conclusion that the heart ultimatlely rules, but it's just complete when the mind and the heart are in total agreement and set off in the same direction....

I'm just wondering if this is even possible....Has it really ever happened to any of you for more than just a minute? Has following your heart and your mind led you to a safe place....even if it was only temporary...regardless of the outcome of the situation....

I'd really like to know. :half:

Guest gabo
Originally posted by marcid21

...ok...I'm gonna get a lil' deeper than normal here......

but a while ago, I posted a thead about which was more powerful, the Heart or the Mind. Phuturephunk and I batteled this one out only to come to a mutal conclusion that the heart ultimatlely rules, but it's just complete when the mind and the heart are in total agreement and set off in the same direction....

I'm just wondering if this is even possible....Has it really ever happened to any of you for more than just a minute? Has following your heart and your mind led you to a safe place....even if it was only temporary...regardless of the outcome of the situation....

I'd really like to know. :half:

not really because although my mind might tell me that something is "good" or "bad" for me it's my heart that makes the decision on wheather or not I should go with it..

so as of now I can't say that both my mind and heart have led me to a safe place because ultimately following your heart can turn out for the good or bad, it's a chance you take.

all IMO:

there is no heart and no head "feelings". what you feel (in your stomach for example) when you are afraid or in love are all emotions (and emotions are simply "energy") that are created in your brain and are transferred into an impuls that is transferred to the cells in your chest.

so the question is not head or heart, it is rational or emotional.

while rational is most of the time (you could say always) the right way to go (the way that is best for YOU) you have to arrange them with your emotions (which form for example by the values that were taught you and the experiences that formed you). so you cannot completely turn off one or the other and you cannot act on only one of them.

an example. you walk along the street, you hear a shot in the distance. you walk further and see a man lying on the street, he´s obviously hurt. the emotional side (compassion) tells you to go help him (cause you were taught so), while the rational side tells you to move along or you might get shot/hurt too. in this case the rational side is even supported by an emotion, that is "fear". some people whose emotion "fear" is strong will now follow follow the rational decision and walk away. some people whose emotion "fear" is not so strong but there emotion "compassion" is very strong will go and help the man.

so there is a constant "battle" between rational and emotional in your head, there is a constant balance of power in your head. in some humans the rational side is stronger and in some the emotional. umm i hope that got you somewhat further :confused: