Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mark Farina - Beloved (Deep House mix)

digital7

it is sweet :)))

its sun rising by the beloved. yummy yummy bassline .. is this available on wax or is this cdr territory only?

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

SSM

Marques Wyatt @ Rain [4/26]

Lazy Dog @ Rain [5/3]

Do not miss either of these nights! :)

For some more deep house goodness look for the Lazy Dog mix of Meshelle Ndgeocello's Earth Song. I just picked it up on white last week. Great record.

I just recently downloaded part one of Farina's set @ The End yesterday. WOW! ... fucking killer mix! I can't wait to download part two.

I've tried looking for it on wax Ramon, but to no avail.

I'm also downloading (FTP) Farina's "Connected" comp Frank, should be great. Have you heard it?

i'm not forgettin. don't worry bout that!

farina's touring for his new cd, but they only have up to may 31st listed, and miami's not on one of his stops (not surprised at that). closest he comes is atlanta and that's may 3rd. wonder why rain and aquabooty haven't booked this guy yet?!?

yeah .. i was thinking about this when i heard this remix. Someone needs to book this guy and quick and seriously if anyone see's a white of this floating around please let someone know. The lush overtones on this record are amazing.

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

SSM

ok...so rain has brought in some major deep house heavyweights consistently. so why hasn't farina graced the decks there? i mean migs, rasoul, britt, jeno, carter, trent, and harvey to name a few. then wyatt this week and lazy dog coming up??? i mean c'mon now. farina's the top cat. this man would bring ppl out of the woodworks. if u think rain was packed for migs...i think farina would pack 'em in even more! he hasn't had a set in miami (other than wmc) since he was @ chaos in '99. talk about overdue!

so DHM boys, aquabooty, rain and anyone else listening...get this fucking guy down here already! he's touring right now and it's the best time to get him here!

this is not mark farina's mix but its actually a global communication mix (tom middleton and company).. amazing remix if you ask me. DHM ever play this before? If not I'm taking them a cdr to try out on Friday.

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

SSM

4/26 - Marques Wyatt @ RAIN

5/3 - Lazy Dog @ RAIN

5/10 - Stryke @ Billboard Live (Fever)

Heh...tonight I will be seeing Miguel Migs,

Mauricio Aviles & Lisa Shaw.

Friday I will be seeing PAUL JOHNSON!!

Next Thursday it will be LAZY DOG and BEN WYATT.

The Friday following I will be seeing MARK FARINA!!!

<insert gloat>

Anyway...the best Mark Farina mix to me so far is his "Aug. 2000" mix.

2 hours of him BRINGING it!!

I command all of you to download it now!!!

Connected is a good album, though its a little different from the usual style I'm used to hearing on his mixes. Its definitely good so get that as well.

Live at the End is another good one that you all should d'load if you haven't already.

Make your promoters bring this man down to Miami, he'll have you smiling at least for 2 weeks afterwards thinking about the good music and vibes that seem to follow him everywhere. :)

The cool heads seem to come out of the woodworks for Mark, and I can't WAIT to see him next week.

no way!!! the master of the sublime russian percussion himself! i've seen him only once live and that was back in '94!! this guy is sick sick sick!! he wasn't even the headliner of the night and he totally blew everyone else out of the club!

for those heads down here - he played @ paragon! :D

you wouldn't happen to know of his tour schedule would u? i went on his site and it doesn't say anything.

btw - you're from atlanta right? if so, did u catch dj krush's set when he came through?

ok...once again, my downtempo needs will go unfulfilled!! i just viewed vadim's tour schedule on ninjatune. and i'm not too happy about it!!! of course...no florida date! not surprising one bit! here it is:

APRIL

April 25 - Texture - Austin, TX

April 27 - TBA - Houston, Superdope

April 29 - Echo Lounge - Atlanta, GA

April 30 - 40 Watt - Athens, GA

MAY

May 1 - Go! - Chapel Hill, NC

May 2 - Black Cat - Washington, DC

May 3 - Princeton University - Princeton, NJ

May 5 - Middle East - Boston, MASS

May 6 - Big Orbit Sound Lab - Buffalo, NY

May 7 - Lee's Palace - Toronto, ON

May 8 - TBA - Montreal, Que

May 9 - Waterstreet - Rochester, NY

May 10 - Knitting Factory - New York, NY

all u heads in ny...he ends his tour there. DO NOT miss this cat.

:mad:

phrank

was paragon also called club nu? if it was then i was

at that gig. vadim had liek 5 turntables going on....

i didnt stay the whole night but i think

scruff, neotropic, & choc weasal were on the bill...

i dont think the ninjas have been back ever since..

def need more down tempo down here...

did u ever goto to the beehive night w/ dj ursula 1000 (from esl)?

well well well...seems like we have another downtempo head here. good to see!

yeah paragon was at the old club nu. that night was awesome. vadim totally tore the roof down. choc. weasel was good too. and mr. scruff is always a treat!

yeah i used to go to the beehive (when it was on lincoln rd.) that was definitely a phat time. live band...dj...ursula 1000 closing it off. couldn't beat that shit. place wasn't all that big, but the vibe was something that hasn't been repeated since. after it moved to penrods...i stop going.

miami definitely needs some more downtempo. i'm aimin to bring it around! :)

Yes I did happen to catch Krush's set at my favorite club eleven50. It was slightly disappointing...he was only on for like an hour or so.

But the crowd was the most diverse mix of people that I've seen come out for an event in Atlanta. We had an equal mix of ravers, clubbers, guys in business suits, hippies, hiphop heads, IDM mafioso, etc.

It was just a great mix of people and styles.

Krush performed his new stuff mainly, I wanted to hear more Meiso type of tracks but we can't get what we want all the time tho.

Last month I caught Plaid down here! Now THAT was awesome...despite the great downtempo/IDM like talent I've seen, nothing even COMPARES to Kruder and Dorfmeister at Rain. I'm happy I have the chances to see all these artists tho.

only an hour? that's weak! i heard his shows in ny and philly were at least 2 hrs. and he played some tracks from meiso and kakusei. i was going to fly up to ny or atlanta, but i didn't have the money for either and really...no one else wanted to go with me. so....i missed krush AGAIN!

yeah plaid was down here last month along with nobokazu takemura (sp?) and some other girl...can't remember her name. heard it was a really good party and had a diverse crowd in attendance. i couldn't make it unfortunately.

let me know how the vadim party goes. i'm so envious right now!