Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Explosion in Manhattan Apex tech school!!!!!

. . I didn't see any reports as of yet . . . but If it was a transformer, I really hope no one was in the vicinity . . . I remember down south when hurricane's would come through sometimes the not-so-sturdy power line poles would snap and come down . . One time several years back, one with a transformer crashed about 2 blocks from my house . . It lit the whole neighborhood up like a christmas tree . . I really, to this day, have never witnessed anything brighter, louder or scarier than that . . .

. . It was even more creepy because the lines broke before the actual transformer hit the ground . . so all the power in the house went out and everything went silent then . . BOOM. . .and light like 100 times brighter than the sun . . all the houses around it had their front windows blown in . . . very VERY scary . . .

Originally posted by synderella420

But who really knows!! You know if it was a terrorist attack they would cover it up anywayz.....

terrorists have a little more money to spend on very dangerous weapons to create a bigger impact...compared to this: a building explosion where lots of people have been seriously injured, but nothing to the scale of 9/11...

so please sweetie...chill with the terrorist talk...

Originally posted by highmay

terrorists have a little more money to spend on very dangerous weapons to create a bigger impact...compared to this: a building explosion where lots of people have been seriously injured, but nothing to the scale of 9/11...

Yes, very true... obviously that's the first thing that's going to pop into everyone's head but at the moment there's no reason to think it... after all the explosion occurred in an unoccupied building that was being renovated...

We're living in some scary fucking times right now but you have to keep your head on your shoulders and not jump to conclusions...

Originally posted by highmay

okay... okay... I take it back dammit!!......only cuz u actually said please and sweetie.......:tongue:

NEW YORK (CNN) -- An explosion damaged an eight-story technical school in Manhattan and injured 40 to 50 people, but police and fire officials said they do not regard the incident as suspicious.

The blast damaged the Apex Technical School in the Chelsea neighborhood. Fire officials said the explosion was in a building next door, and one said it was in the basement.

Streets in the area around 19th Street and Sixth Avenue were closed to traffic.

Several people, some with cuts visible, were being treated at the scene. Others were taken away on stretchers.

Police, fire and rescue units responded to the blast, and some rubble was visible on the street. But no fire or smoke was evident.

More than 100 firefighters were on the scene, fire officials said.

According to its Web site, Apex offers classes in automotive service, welding and repairs for refrigeration, air conditioning and other appliances.

It may not be terrorist related, but it's still Dang serious enough, and we shouldn't just treat it likely.

Just look at this poor individual on the scene:

24cnd-build2.jpg

It may not be terrorist-related, but it should be a sign to New York to take SERIOUS precaution !