Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Star Wars...

Originally posted by dgmodel

i dont understand how everyone goes crazy for this and star trek and all that other jazz...

Alright, I absolutely love Star Wars and I cannot wait for it to come out this summer, but I cannot stand Star Trek and besides sitting through a couple of episodes when I was like 11/12 around there......I have not even cared about it.

Star Wars fucking rocks bro.

I'm not like some fanatics that have been waiting on line for tickets for a while or some such, but I'm def a fan and cant wait to see the next installment! :D ..... for some reason I was never big on star trek....

I was brought up on Star Wars. I'm a little older (29) so I remember going to see all these movies when they first came out. It was like the event not to be missed. It was like waiting in line to see your favorite DJ. No matter how long the line was, you would wait. When the new movies come out, though I'm not as bad now as I was. I'll wait to see it a few days before they come out.

As for Star Trek..... It sucks, boring as hell. I hate it.

im also a star wars fan..but like everyone else, cant stand star trek. star wars was our generation. star trek, even the new shows they come out with, like star trek voyager, etc, etc...are geared towards our parents generation i think. i know my uncle loves star trek. he's been watchin it since the capt. kirk, mr. spock days, and still watches all the new series that they make up. but i dontfind star trek entertaining. there's not much action...its more of a drama. star wars is an action flick, thats why the younger generation likes it more

my .02

Start trek is just boring as hell. i cant beleive that TNN has freaking marathons about. not for nothing but it seems that most of the fans are rednecks (im not being racist)...is this just me or do other people feel this way. i mean here in nyc ive not known too many people that like star trek but you find fans of it in places like tennesee, idaho or other places like that. i saw scorpion king last night and i was wonder after i saw the trailer for SW episode 2, why in the world is it that there is only one black man and one hispanic guy in the future!?!?!:mad: !??!? i mean you see white people all over the place in the movie but the only two minorities are jimmy smits and samuel L jackson...WTF? im ecuadorian so im figuring that us ecuas will not be around to meet yoda...:(

Originally posted by xxdonxlavitoxx

Start trek is just boring as hell. i cant beleive that TNN has freaking marathons about. not for nothing but it seems that most of the fans are rednecks (im not being racist)...is this just me or do other people feel this way. i mean here in nyc ive not known too many people that like star trek but you find fans of it in places like tennesee, idaho or other places like that. i saw scorpion king last night and i was wonder after i saw the trailer for SW episode 2, why in the world is it that there is only one black man and one hispanic guy in the future!?!?!:mad: !??!? i mean you see white people all over the place in the movie but the only two minorities are jimmy smits and samuel L jackson...WTF? im ecuadorian so im figuring that us ecuas will not be around to meet yoda...:(

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: